Majayjay Local Customs

• Palay Is Spread On The Road Early Morning
    Palay Is Spread On The Road Early...
    Bayaniham Spirit
  • Palay Is  Put Back Into Sacks Late Afternoon
    Palay Is Put Back Into Sacks Late...

Most Recent Local Customs in Majayjay

Drying "Palay" On The Roads

by cyndymc Written May 17, 2009
    Palay Is Spread On The Road Early Morning

It has been a practice for locals to spread and dry their "palay" (unpolished rice) grains on the road, even on national roads, unmindful of the motorists' welfare. They usually spread the palay early in the morning and put them back in the sacks by late afternoon.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Bayanihan (Helping Each Other)

by cyndymc Written Mar 8, 2009

Bayaniham Spirit

The bayanihan spirit is still very much alive in Majayjay. When we visited the church, I saw matrons of high standing in the community cleaning/ scrubbing the church frontage. Inside, I saw more church volunteers doing general cleaning.

• Religious Travel

Ask For Directions If Unsure

by cyndymc Written Mar 8, 2009

Local folks of Majayjay are so friendly and hospitable. They will be more than willing to help you with road directions.

Just to make sure we were on the right direction to Taytay Falls, I asked some men near the Tricycle Terminal where we should make a turn going to the waterfalls area. A man told me we were on the right tract, then looking at my husband and companions, he invited us to come back for their town fiesta. In the province, when you are asked to come back for the town fiesta, it means they are inviting you to share the banguet with them.

• Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Majayjay

Comments

Majayjay Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Majayjay local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Majayjay sightseeing.