Nagcarlan Warnings and Dangers

Way To Waterfalls Area
    Steps Made of Laid Rocks

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Nagcarlan

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Ghosts In Crypt Area Of Underground Cemetery!?

by cyndymc Updated Aug 24, 2009

My husband had mentioned stories of some photo buddies seeing unexplained images in their photos taken at the crypt area of the Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery. We dismissed the stories as imagined tales. But when my grandson told us his personal experiece at the crypt, we became inclined to believe the stories. He first saw in his peripheral sight a woman and a child, so he got surprised and scared and ran up to the chapel. When he saw me still talking with the curator, he went down again. He was "greeted" with the melodious voice of the woman and child. (He couldn't see them anymore, perhaps they sensed he got scared.) When we and some other guests went down to the crypt, the singing voice disappeared... Believable or not? I don't intend to force you to believe. I'm just sharing to forewarn you. Don't worry, the caretaker told me the "spirits" there are not malevolent.

Slippery Way Down To Bunga Falls

by cyndymc Updated Aug 23, 2009

Unlike Taytay Falls, Bunga Falls is not yet well developed. If going down Taytay Falls is a breeze, going down Bunga Falls is more risky because the way is not yet paved and there are no concrete stairs. There are only flat rocks laid as steps, and there are portions where the mountain soil was just carved to serve as steps. When it is sunny, the only problem would be avoiding ants and some horse poop, but when it rains, the steps could be slippery... In our recent visit, we hurriedly went up the parking area when it started to shower because we were afraid it might rain hard, making it risky to go up.

Way To Waterfalls Area Steps Made of Laid Rocks Soil Carved Into Steps My Grandson Going Down Ahead Of Us Trodden Path To Bunga Falls Area
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Eco-Tourism

Ants!!!

by cyndymc Written Aug 23, 2009

Expect ants on the improvised stairs (some parts are flat rocks laid as steps; some parts are just hard mountain soil carved as steps) leading to the waterfalls area of Bunga Falls. There are plenty of black ants that can bite you if/when you pause to see the scenery. There are also ants on the bamboo railing so before you hold on to it, keep an eye on the ants. Though the bites are not very painful, the bitten area will surely be very itchy and swollen.

Tiny Black Ants!!!
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Nagcarlan

Comments

Nagcarlan Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Nagcarlan warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nagcarlan sightseeing.