Places to eat in Province of Laguna

Most Viewed Restaurants in Province of Laguna

• JinkeeR's Profile Photo

Kanin Club: We're glad to be part of the CLUB

by JinkeeR Written Oct 15, 2012

With the Kanin Club, its all about the food. We saw that there were a lot of people on an ordinary weekday, and it certainly speaks well of the place.

The food is Filipino with a twist. We ordered crispy liempo, and noticed that it was in the appetizer section. When it arrived, we knew why, it was like chicharon, but nevertheless it went well with the rice.

I ordered brown rice, and rice for my companion, and it was truly worth it. The pork salpicao was soft and juicy, and just right. The Thai salad was divine. The nuts in the Thai salad were a good contrast to the rest of the ingredients. I thought there will be some "bagoong" (shrimp paste) but it was still quite good

Other dishes to come back for are the sinigang, and the crispy dinuguan. Yum. Maybe in time for halloween.

It was well worth the trip, although there is another branch in Westgrove, Alabang

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish from the restaurant is the Thai Mango Salad. it really went well with our other orders, like the crisply liempo and the pork salpicao. It was my first time to try this type of salad, and I was really satisfied. The strips of mango were really good along with the rest of the ingredients. Somehow this was made more special put all together.

Domo Tomo @ Nuvali: Where friends and family meet

by nixca316 Written Nov 24, 2011

If you were to ask me what this means, I would say Thank you, Thank you or Thank you for the friendship or Thank you friends ;)

We have wanted to eat here since we frequented Nuvali, but when the waterway started its renovation, we would just go to the glasshouse area so our plans became of naught.

Yesterday, we were blessed by having a chance to eat there. When we arrived it was not open yet, but one of the employees entertained us and chatted with my mom. They conversed in Cebuano (Visayan LANGUAGE...variants of it are dialects).

I was not aware that this was the "sister" or "brother" company of Oki-Oki(well, oki means in the middle of the ocean), a Japanese restaurant I have tried at the Mall of Asia.

The servers were nice and since it was still very early, we were the only clients there. I was able to take some wacky photos, that I don't think would win, but I submitted anyways. =p

Favorite Dish: We just had some sashimi, sushi, glass noodles, yakitori don, liver nira itame, niji rolls, unagi california maki, iced teas, house teas, and water. So far, so good!

We love everything we ordered.

Cash and Major Credit Cards are accepted

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Serenitea: "Not your ordinary cup of tea" (Their tagline)

by nixca316 Written Nov 24, 2011

"Wherever I go I would wonder if they would have a Serenitea branch and such thoughts played in my head the first time I went to Nuvali. There is a variant of Serenitea drinks that is suitable for certain types of people...if one is fond of milk teas, there are flavors that will satisfy their discriminating tastes. If one prefers citrus drinks, then they would be happy to find a flavor or several flavors that would suit them. I love almost all variants and sinkers...I look for Serenitea everywhere I go, and I always become sad if I could not find it "there". I'm so glad that there are more branches now to quench my thirst and uplift my spirit whenever I am down...and every drink is a cause of celebration too. Wow...I really love "MY" Serenitea ♥♥♥♥♥" (Because of this I won a Serenitea mug and PhP300.00 worth of gift certificates)

This particular branch has a welcoming feel. I can now say that it is my favorite, but I love all branches.

It also gives a romantic atmosphere and I think it would be nice to have a date here while drinking different tea concoctions or maybe, I could bring a laptop here to work.

It is also very clean and lovely to look at.

Facebook page

Favorite Dish:
    There's a Serenitea flavor for every mood I have...I love everything!

John Bamboo: Exciting Indonesian Cuisine and Fusion

by nixca316 Written Oct 4, 2011

The place is very "attractive" and for that reason it was the first ever restaurant we tried at Solenad 1, Nuvali, Santa Rosa, Laguna.

We're still trying the other restos, but we will definitely be back.

John Bamboo is part of the Red Crab family, just like our favorite that is sleeping, Fish Out of Water. If Fish Out of Water was sort of a Filipino restaurant, John Bamboo is generally Indonesian in theme.

The food is good and the taste is competitive.

It's really hard to determine if its more expensive than all the restaurants in the province of Laguna because there are many places in Laguna that have low cost eateries and stuff, but if I would compare it to the other restaurants in Nuvali, it's just about average.

We were served well and I must say, sincerely too!

Favorite Dish: I love Indonesian food, so I guess, except those we're allergic to, we love everything...and everything is worth trying.

If I could name a favorite, then it's their drink cum dessert called Soup Buah. It's an Indonesian Fruit dessert that is so refreshing that it quenches your thirst and satisfies your need for dessert at the same time.

• Disabilities

Azabu Restaurant: Good service and Good food

by nixca316 Written Oct 3, 2011

My review about the hotel where this is in and how we discovered the place

The minute we entered the simple, but welcoming place, we knew that we did not make a mistake. Yes, we've seen better places, but the place is clean and the people are friendly.

The food did not disappoint either.

The chef even went out of his way to check on us...if we were enjoying our food or not.

We told them in advance about our allergies and they gladly accommodated our needs.

There's no service charge if you're just dining in. Only those who would avail "room service". Since it's the Philippines, cash is good, but please do it with a smile, because they have beautiful smiles.

Favorite Dish: They serve Japanese and Korean cuisine and I must say, they are mouthwatering. I'll post a few of the pictures(only five can fit).

• Spa and Resort

Kamayan sa Palaisdaan: Floating Restaurant-Huts

by cyndymc Updated Jun 27, 2010

We never fail to have lunch at Kamayan sa Palaisdaan sa Bay because we like their value for money food fare. Kamayan sa Palaisdaan...

specializes in grilled freshwater fish,pork belly & chicken;
    offers a variety of sizzling plates like gambas & sisig;
    wide choice of drinks- Fresh fruit or coconut juice,soda,iced tea,beer;
    delicious desserts- Halohalo (sherbet mixed with sweetened fruits,beans,custard,etc)

We like the nice ambience:

Tranquil atmosphere is a welcome respite from the tiring trip;lush greens are ideal for either resting/relaxing or even energizing;
    Nice,friendly,attentive waiters (though during peak season,it is understandable that they become slow in serving your orders);
    Many interesting things to explore and videotape/shoot while waiting for your food;
    You have a choice of the floating cabanas, huts or the dining hall with nice native design.

Favorite Dish: Grilled liempo(pork belly), grilled tilapia & catfish, eggplant or green mango salsa, "sisig", catfish in coconut cream w/ yellow ginger & mustard leaves, much, much more...

RSM Lutong Bahay: Have A Taste Of Local Foods

by cyndymc Updated Sep 19, 2009

RSM Lutong Bahay restaurants are a familiar sight in national highways of different provinces. They serve local foods with a distinctive homecooked (lutong bahay) taste. The food is showcased ala-fastfood style, but your choice of food will be served to you on the table by waiters. Interior decoration is native-inspired. Safe, guarded parking is a plus. So-so customer service.

Their location is very convenient. You can stop by for meal and use of their CR before entering ((northwards) or just after exiting (southwards) the expressway.

Favorite Dish: "Binalot" (Steamed rice topped with your choice of dish, w/ boiled egg and fresh tomato, wrapped in banana leaves)- we usually have chicken-pork adobo as topping

"Halabos na Hipon" (Unlike the usual "halabos" which is just stir-fried w/ salt & pepper, their version has tiger prawns stir-fried with sweet-chili sauce)

Ralphjoy's Resto Bar: Nice Place, Nice Food, Nice Price

by cyndymc Written Aug 22, 2009

Cool, clean and beautiful resto bar that offers good-tasting food at reasonable prices and excellent service...this is how I remember Ralphjoy's Resto Bar. It surely made a good impression on us on our family's first visit:-)

Favorite Dish: Adobo, lechon kawale, and beef steak were very delicious. Their halohalo is great for dessert although it has less ingredients than Exotic Restaurant and Kamayan sa Palaisdaan. It has just the right sweetness: not too sweet; not too bland. The ingredients were of good quality; prepared in just the right amount.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Exotik Garden Restaurant: More Than Exotic Foods!

by cyndymc Updated Apr 22, 2009

Exotik Restaurant is a Hall of Famer for being the cleanest and most beautiful landscaped restaurant in Laguna. Aside from its exotic foods, it has an impressive collection of flowering and ornamental plants, 5 huge pythons, monkeys, rabbits, tropical fishes, exotic birds, a swimming pool, souvenir shop with Paete wood carvings & unique wooden bags, and a Cave TV Bar (inspired by KTV). Their restrooms are beautiful and clean:)

Favorite Dish: We've been to Exotic Garden Restaurant only twice. The first time, we had late lunch. We weren't adventurous enough to try their snake and reptile recipes. We had the usual native dishes like "inihaw" (grilled), "sinigang" (Sour soup w/ vegetables and meat or fish) and "ginataan" (chicken or fish cooked with coconut cream and some vegetables). They all tasted good.

This last weekend, we went there for merienda, and had "halo-halo" and leche flan. Their "halo-halo" which had grated cheese topping instead of icecream, and was served on a special cup made of coconut shell was soooo delicious. They didn't scrimp on ingredients, unlike other restaurants that had more crushed ice than assorted sweets. Exotik "halo-halo" had just enough crushed ice to make it cold, had more milk than the usual, had much ingredients which included gelatin, sweet potato, red beans, "ube" (yam) jam, caramel, pinipig, and sweetened "saba" (cooking banana).

• Photography

Jollibee & Mc Donald's + Chowking: You won't miss your fastfood

by cyndymc Updated Dec 13, 2008

You'll feel at home when you see Jollibee & McDonalds and even Chowking. You need not worry where you'll take your meals, as your favorite burger meals and other fastfood fare are all there.

Favorite Dish: At Jollibee & McDo, hamburgers & fries, of course. Siomai & other Chinese food @ Chowking

• Study Abroad

• arleni14's Profile Photo

Plato Rodizia: Garden Barbequed Baby Back Ribs!

by arleni14 Updated Nov 6, 2008

Plato Rodizia steps away from the usual crowded places in UPLB. It is in a quieter, more serene location, perfect for unwinding after a long day's work, for reuniting with friends, for a nice chat, an unforgettable date, and family dinners.

The food is prepared for real diners - who seek for delectable, stylish, unique and affordable meals. The place is designed to calm your spirit, and experience peaceful and relaxing dining.

It was nice to hangout with old friends, over baby back ribs and German beer. Relaxing music in the background in the early evening, cool breeze, and Mt. Makiling just in view made talking and dining enjoyable. Nothing really fancy, just a very real garden barbeque experience at very affordable prices.

Favorite Dish: I loved the baby back ribs - soft and delectable marinade. The kebabs were a treat too.

Everything here is grilled but what really surprised me were their desserts which were also grilled! Grilled banana split...and wait till you see the apple surprise!

• Hiking and Walking

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

Cucina Salud: Worth the Viaje

by asianbelle Updated Apr 6, 2008

Cucina Salud used to be the country home of Ms. Patis Tesoro, a famous Filipino fashion designer known for the use of indigenous materials in her creations.

And consistent with her advocacy, Cucina Salud is made from old but sturdy wood with capiz windows and red-cement floor. The furnitures were a combination of wood and wrought iron, while old lamps hang from the ceiling to give a subdued lighting effect, giving the restaurant a cozier and more intimate ambiance. The fresh air coming from the young bamboo and other fruit-bearing trees in the garden contribute to the "old country feeling".

Not surprisingly, this secluded restaurant is fast becoming a by-word among city dwellers who were on the look-out for something new to try. In fact, Cucina Salud is part of the Viaje del Sol route, an eco-cultural-gastronomy road trip covering the 3 provinces of Laguna, Quezon and Batangas.

Reservation is encouraged especially on weekends. The restaurant offers reasonably-priced ala carte menus from Monday to Saturday and buffet on Sunday for about P500+ per person. It is open for lunch daily from 11am to 3pm and for dinner from 5:30pm to 9pm, and accepts major credit cards.

Favorite Dish: I can't really pinpoint which among the several dishes we ordered is my favorite. They all tasted sooo good... from the appetizer of calamares with banana blossom, to the main meal of seafood kare-kare, bamboo shoots spring roll, and pork binagoongan (shrimp paste), and dessert of turon (banana friters).

And what surprised me most was our total bill. We only paid P2000 for a group of 6, including one round of drinks, or about P300 per person. While this is a bit expensive by provincial standard, their prices are comparatively lower than most fine-dining restos in Metro Manila.

• limledi's Profile Photo

Batangas Best Bulalo & Native Foods: Don't Miss The Bulalo!

by limledi Updated Apr 9, 2007

The restaurant serve one of the best bulalo I've ever tasted. Food is cheap and of good value. For 11 persons, we paid P1700 eating to our heart's delight. Aside from bulalo, they also serve seafoods and fruits. Popular eatery along the National Highway in Brgy Real, Calamba City.

Favorite Dish: Hot, delicious bulalo.

• babynimajikero's Profile Photo

Mer-nels Cake House: Want to taste d best cake, ever?

by babynimajikero Written Feb 23, 2007

During our first date in elbi (los baƱos),
    my boyfriend was raving about
    this ever popular cake in his home town . . .
    Mernel's cake!
    Boy!!! was i delighted!
    Sooooooo Yummmmmmmy nga tlga!!!!
    D' place has an old genre-type of ambiance!
    They also serve meals . . .
    hehe . . .

Favorite Dish: Best-seller is d chocolate cake! Yum!:p

• limledi's Profile Photo

Orient-The Original Buko Pie: Don't Miss The Buko Pie!

by limledi Updated Apr 9, 2007

Buko Pie is really tasty and fresh. Especially delicious serve hot. One box cost P120. Very popular located along the National Highway in Los Banos.

Favorite Dish: Really delicious and fresh Buko Pie.

Top Province of Laguna Hotels

Cabuyao Hotels
Binan Hotels
Banilad Hotels

Instant Answers: Province of Laguna

Comments

Province of Laguna Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Province of Laguna restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Province of Laguna sightseeing.
Map of Province of Laguna