Biliran Island Travel Guide

• Favorites

Biliran Island Transportation

by jayjayc Written Nov 2, 2013

-From Kawayan Town to Naval Town
    -More convenient than single mortorcycle ride but more travel time as well

by jayjayc Updated Nov 2, 2013

-Alternative route if you missed the only passenger boat that leaves Maripipi Island everyday at 5AM to main island of Biliran (Maripipi to Naval - the capital of the province) is to take hired boat from Maripipi to Kawayan which is located north of Biliran Island
    -Php1400 for the boat rental, ask the boat captain to wait for other chance passengers for a few more minutes so you can split the cost - at that time I was the chance passenger and 1 is already on board - we paid Php700 each, easy mathematics haha
    -Approx 1 to 1.5 hours sea travel
    -Once in Kawayan, take single motorcyle to Naval for Php75 per pax or Php150 to ride solo

• Biliran Island Hotels

0 Hotels in Biliran Island

Biliran Island Warnings and Dangers

• by ghostrider63 Written Jan 22, 2009

Hi fellow travellers.

Here's my horror travel story about Biliran Island. Just one of many I have encountered on the Island.

About 4 years ago I decided to settle with my Filipina wife here on Biliran island. Back then it was a peaceful place with only a few xpats living here. My wifes family are here. In that 4 years we have had no trouble except now things here are getting worse.

On Dec the 27th we were attacked by a gang of men whilst leaving a local resort.
    We were not drunk but our attackers were very drunk. We caught them stealing from our car.

The attackers even went to our house later terrorising our housemaid and children (who had ran home when the assault started).

We procceded to the police station, but our attackers were already there, saying I had attacked them.
    they wanted alot of money from me.

Beware that this is a common ploy in the Philippines. People attack you then run to the police claiming that the 'foreigner' started the fight. (Quite often the police here are offered 'graft' money or a percentage of the settlement costs).

This all happened in front of our children. Now I fear for my families lives as these are nasty people. They have even tried to prevent me from going back home to Australia.

This is not the first attack on foreigners on the island.

My friend who witnessed our attack was robbed by 4 men with guns about a year ago. This happened at 7.30 at night as he and his family were having dinner.

Biliran is a dangerous place for travel so please beware...

Biliran Island Favorites

by jayjayc Written Nov 2, 2013

Favorite thing: -Don't be surprised, but one computer center is in the middle of this very quiet town where one can get online

Instant Answers: Biliran Island

Comments

Biliran Island Travel Guide
Map of Biliran Island