Mamburao Travel Guide

Apple mango

Mamburao Transportation

• kayt_03's Profile Photo

by kayt_03 Updated Sep 29, 2010

If you are going to a place that is very well far from the city, with abundance of fresh air tricycle (motorcycle with side cars) will be the best way to roam around the town.I lived there for almost 16 years, tricycle ride never fails to amuse me. I love the breeze and surroundings that I see while riding it. Tricycle drivers are friendly and can be trusted if you are not well familiar with the town. They can be trusted in giving directions and pointing you to some "famous" / "infamous destinations available in town. If i remember correctly, when I last went home to Mamburao early this year base fare is 8php .

• Motorcycle

• thermopilas's Profile Photo
    I think you can, I think you can...

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

This is the small motorized bangka (boat) that we used to get around in the river. 5 people fit in this boat! Maybe that's why it stopped a few times!

• Mamburao Hotels

0 Hotels in Mamburao

Mamburao Local Customs

Could be bigger...

by thermopilas Updated Dec 3, 2005

This crabs are small, not enough meat. :(... Be careful handling them, their pinchers or claws are strong and can pierce your skin.

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

These crabs are very tasty. From what I've heard, they eat coconuts hence there name. They have meat in their tails, and also the fat is also in the tail. Just don't eat the intestine, which is blackish in color. The locals call them "urung."

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Mamburao? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Mamburao Off The Beaten Path

Yummm. :)

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

This can be a common site in the rural areas, or in cities too, in the Philippines. A lizard eating a cockroach.

Mamburao Favorites

Fishing

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

Favorite thing: This is not a house where people stay. It's besides the river because it have traps for fish using nets. I did not actually see one being use.

Bahay kubo

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

Favorite thing: This is a "bahay kubo" which I wanted to stay for the night, but my relatives suggested that it's not a good idea. This house was not in the town, and the watchman (this is where the mango groove is) said that he had a couple of "visitors" before during the night. Too bad for me, it's been a long time since I've stay or slept on a bahay kubo. :(.

Apple mango

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

Favorite thing: My aunt have this apple mango groove. We picked a lot of these fruits but most of them were infested by worms. Or rotten. I never got to taste a single one.

Instant Answers: Mamburao

Comments

Mamburao Travel Guide
Map of Mamburao