North Pandan Island Travel Guide

Sablayan.
    Pandan North

North Pandan Island Things to Do

by lady_nomad Written Jun 2, 2008

Pandan Island has a restobar with billiards and darts... take turns playing with the other visitors. On our second night, I learned how to play darts while enjoying tequila times two. Hik! Hik! =)

Sipping a cup of hot coffee/tea/choco by the beach in the morning or a bottle of beer by sundown plus a good conversation equals priceless leisure.

by lady_nomad Written Jun 2, 2008

The fondest memory I will keep during my stay at Pandan Island is the rainbow sighting we witnessed-- complete arch indeed!!! Thereafter were dark clouds and drizzle just enough to let us play by the rain. Something I missed doing since I stepped to puberty.

In one of the days we were beach combing was the largest hermit crab I've ever seen. It was so huge its shell seemed too small for it. I also did a free souvenir shopping of shells and corals to give away to close friends and to keep as part of my collection.

It was likewise fun to stargaze at night and pick the star of your choice; or count the number of fireflies roaming the area as they dance with the beam of our flashlights.

by lady_nomad Written Jun 2, 2008

Armed with water camera, we took pictures of us goofying underwater in our snorkeling masks/goggles. Thereafter, we went snorkeling around nearby corals.

You may likewise go diving. Mariposa Diveshop in the island provides introdives and package dives for water enthusiasts.

You may want to check out Apo Reef, which is approx. 3hours away from Pandan Island. A boat may be rented for P6K unless you have a convincing power to haggle or divide the rate corresponding to the number of passengers. You may spend the night at Apo Reef by renting a tent for P150.

North Pandan Island Restaurants

by lady_nomad Written Jun 2, 2008

Pandan Island has only one available restaurant which offers a variety of meals to suit the taste of foreign and local visitors. "One buffet a day" is the rule. Thus, prepare P320.00/buffet meal in your budget. We took one buffet meal everyday and the rest we munched on our baon-- canned goods, chips and noodles.

The buffet meal consists of seafoods mostly grilled fish, rice, veggies, fruits, desserts and Pinoy homecooked viands.

North Pandan Island What to Pack

by lady_nomad Written Jun 2, 2008

Luggage and bags: It is handy if you'd bring backpack than duffle bag.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Anything comfy. Don't forget your heavy-duty sandals/flip flops.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: First aid medicines would come in handy. Also, insect lotion if not insect spray or 'katol'.

Photo Equipment: We never failed to bring our tripod and lots of digicam batteries.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bring lots of sunblock lotion with SPF50, water camera, shades, sarong, swiss knife.

Instant Answers: North Pandan Island

Comments

North Pandan Island Travel Guide
Map of North Pandan Island