Puerto Galera Sports & Outdoors

Blue Ribbon Divers Puerto Galera
    by CEP1863
    Blue Ribbon Dive Shop Puerto Galera
    by CEP1863
    Panaromic view of Sabang from the sea
    by yann.ng

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Puerto Galera

• ahoerner's Profile Photo

Best sites in Mindoro

by ahoerner Written Nov 14, 2004

Sabang and Puerto Galera have some of the best sites for scuba diving in Mindoro and even in the Philippines.

So even if you plan to stay a calm week on the beach, I would suggest doing some snorkelling or even a beginner's diving course.

Underwater, divers can admire a plenty of colourful reefs, many different species of fish, water snakes.

Equipment: You can bring your own equipment or rent it (as I did) on the various shops.

Divers onboard...
    • Beaches

• ahoerner's Profile Photo

Diving in Puerto Galera

by ahoerner Written Dec 12, 2004

Diving in Puerto Galera is a major experience. Departing from Sabang or Small La Laguna, boats full with divers reach more than 40 different diving sites along the coast.

I chose Action Divers as my diving operator... nice staff, John, Hugh and Mr.Roscoe Thomson can help you on everything you need.

Equipment: You can rent everything you need.

Diving in Puerto Galera

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Diving with Blue Ribbon Divers

by CEP1863 Written Aug 2, 2014

There are a plethora of dive centres in Puerto Galera to choose from. I opted for Blue Ribbon Divers and I was not disappointed. Staff were very knowledgeable and the PADI instructors were first class. Jeff, the local dive guide was amazing at finding the many different species of sea life that inhabit these waters. I really enjoy macro diving and I was delighted with the abundance that could be spotted dive after dive after dive. Whatever your preference there are dives to suit here from wrecks to walls to colourful reefs to brilliant muck diving.

Blue Ribbon offer three dives a day and with the boat returning to the centre after each dive, you are free to hop on or hop off as you wish thus completing as many dives as suits your needs. At the end of each dive, there are complimentary hot drinks as well as a hot shower and freshly laundered towels available for all divers.

I had my own gear but the rental gear at Blue Ribbon was pretty new and very well maintained. There was a log there for all to see of when regs had been last serviced which is very good practice.

Overall, this is a dive centre that I would not hesitate to recommend for divers of all levels of ability.

Blue Ribbon Divers Puerto Galera Blue Ribbon Dive Shop Puerto Galera

• thomyorke's Profile Photo

Kayaking at Puerto Galera

by thomyorke Written Apr 7, 2004

One thing that I enjoy doing in Puerto Galera is kayaking. My friend and I usually go a couple of beaches away with no people and resort at all. Just be ready for the days when there are big currents.

Equipment: We borrow the kayak at Jun Resort, a korean owned. They usually charge us 200 pesos for an hour but there was a time when they only let us pay 500 pesos for more than 3 hours of usage.

• yann.ng's Profile Photo

Scuba-diving in PG

by yann.ng Updated Feb 22, 2008

There are many wonderful dive sites accessible from the Sabang beach of Puerto Galera.

We went to the follow dive sites for our:
    - M/V Alma Jane ( depth 30 meters)
    - Hole in the wall ( depth 12 meters)
    - Canyons ( depth 30 meters)
    - LaLaguna Point (depth 3 to 18 meters)
    - Sabang Wrecks (depth 18 meters)
    - Shark Caves (depth 25 to 30 meters)
    - Sinandigan Wall (depth 10 to 30 meters)
    - Verde Island (depth 5 to 60 meters)

My group was assigned to a dive leader called Jef. Jef was really professional and helpful. I am an open-water diver and the dive trip to PG was my first fly-dive after only 1 overseas dive trip in Pulau Tioman, Malaysia 6 years ago and 2 half day dive in Pulau Hantu, Singapore.

Jef was very patient with me and was always keeping a lookout of me to make sure I am doing well and comfortable during my dives. He was also very familiar with the dive sites around PG and was able to find the resident underwater creatures with ease. As I tend to consume air faster than the other divers in my group, Jef would signal to the other dive masters or instructor in my group that he has to ascend with me first while they can continue with the dives for a while more before ascending. He also signals at least twice to make sure they understand what he meant.

Click on the websites below to see more photos shared by my divemates, they took some really good underwater shots from our dives

Some land photos taken by a divemate when a few of them skipped the last dive and rented motorbike to find out more abt PG

Equipment: If you do not have your own diving gears, you can rent it from the dive shop you are doing your dive with.

Mermaid Dive Centre rest area Divers returning to shore after last dive of trip Panaromic view of Sabang from the sea

• Levente_D's Profile Photo

Diving

by Levente_D Written Mar 19, 2005

Puerto Galera is offering some of the best diving spots arround the world and therefore is not a surprise that there are more diving shops than restaurants!
    I made my diving license here and I don't regret it. You can have course in English, German, Swedish, Danish, Japaneese, Korean and other languages ... most of the PADI dive schools are Gold Palm rated ... and the underwater life is outstanding!

Equipment: You can rent everithing there

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Spoiled for choice

by deeper_blue Written Dec 20, 2008

There are so many dive operators in Sabang, and lots of smaller fish to see, dive sites include Monkey Beach, Sabang Point, Sabang Bay, West Escado and Sabang Wrecks.

Equipment: Scuba tank, BCD, flippers, weight belt, mask.

Instant Answers: Puerto Galera

Comments

Puerto Galera Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Puerto Galera sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Galera sightseeing.

View all Puerto Galera hotels