Sipalay Travel Guide

snorkeler dude
    by buenababe

Sipalay Things to Do

• Snorkeling

If you want to explore Sipalay's underwater, go snorkeling. It offers a wonderful of the fish swimming with you and some corals. It is worth an experience.

• Boating Galore

When you are in Island, you'll appreciate the place more if you'll go boating. In langub, there are other parts of the place that needs to be explored. Boating is also the time where you can reflect and thank God for the beauty of nature and bond with friends. So it is a great opportunity that shouldn't be missed.

• Walking/Jogging along the baywalk

The baywalk or Poblacion Beach at Sipalay is a long stretch of superfine golden sand perfect for those early morning or twilight walks or jogs. My family and I walked the beach around sunset and took jump shot pictures against the beautiful scene.

• Snorkeling

We rented snorkeling gear at Driftwood Village and headed out to sea with a pump boat. We got the local to show us Julienne's Wreck, a ship that split in half and sunk. When snorkeling in the open sea, its much better if you go early in the morning, not at around noon where the waves are bigger. As the boat rocked, my brother, my sister and I took...

• Play in the Sand

So maybe the wet sand in Sipalay isn't white, but its still fun to play with. My family and I love the sand in front of the Takatukah Resort and started building "sand castles". We also buried my dad in the sand!

• Laze Around

There's nothing better to do than laze around on hammocks, reading that book you brought along with you or simply getting that much needed rest.

• Get A Massage

Getting a massage in Sipalay was probably one of the best things to do. Driftwood Village offers full body massages for only P350 an hour. You are led to a small cabana in the resort and given towels to cover yourself while they massage you. The atmosphere is very conducive for a massage and you can take a nap while they're at it.

• Take Walks

Langub is a long stretch of beach with 5 resorts namely Langub Beach Resort, Sulu Sunset, Driftwood Village, Bermuda Beach and Takatukah. Walking to and fro these resorts give you the exercise that you need.

• Swim!

The one thing you MUST do while at the beach is of course, swim! The waters in Sipalay are crystalline so it isn't hard to resist!

• Watch the Sunset

I love sunsets, and Sipalay has a spectacular view. My sister and I spread out sarongs on the sand and watched the sun set and stayed there 'till it was dark and the stars were out.

• Belgian waffles

The singing must have tired them out and made them hungry. Nataasan's belgian waffles with homemade mango jam and chocolate syrup is sooo good!

• Don't let the summer rain spoil your fun

This summer's been a bit strange weather wise. Most of this past week we've been getting some rain so it wasn't a surprise when it started pouring while we were walking on the beach.

• Robinson Cruse

Nope, that's not a typo. It does say Robinson Cruse on the sign and if you're in Sipalay on a Friday night, you might be up for some disco dancing on the beach with the locals and the tourists.

• Maasin

...is a little island on Campomanes bay. The water's shallow enough for a swim and where it starts to get a little deeper, grab a mask and snorkel and enjoy viewing the rich marine life.

• Just get in the water!

The last time I remember seeing my mother in the water must have been when I was 6. It was so nice to see her having fun and enjoying the beach in spite of her hating being out in the sun.

• Family time 1

My niece plays the guitar quite well for a 15 yr old. After a glass of wine, it was easy to sing a few tunes. Nataasan's other guests were lucky that night. They got a free concert.

• Laze around

Hammocks, swings, the cool breeze, and the inviting blue water...all here...and all waiting to be enjoyed.How in the world could we have missed this place in the past???

• Private Beach

If you want a private place to play, Nataasan has this small beach a short walk down the stairs from our bungalow.Whether it's for a safe place for kids to play or a romantic picnic, this little beach is PERFECT!

Sipalay Restaurants

• Various Eateries

Sugar Beach: 1 liter of water for P50-60 P190-250/menu on the average (i guess good for 1-2 Filipinos stomach) serving's big for Filipinos so i guess the price is just OK- Takatuka- Bermuda - DriftwoodSipalay City: P40-60/menu on the average 1 liter of water for P20 - Pat's Restaurant - near the market, turo-turo style (just point which menu you...

• Bad barbecued chicken

We ate at one of the restaurants/stalls here in food park, the name was Patricia's I think and we had tasteless barbecued chicken. Haven't tried the other restaurants though. We also ordered fried rice but what I got was fried rice with scrambled eggs. I mean, who asked for the egg? It was weird. None yet.

• Ambient Restaurant

My family had lunch at Driftwood Village resort and ordered different foods. Refer below for what we ordered. The place had a really nice ambiance, we ate at the loft they created where a long piece of driftwood hung from the ceiling for our table. We also had a pretty view of the sea. We tried the Spaghetti al Gorgonzola(cheese pasta, Tinolang...

Sipalay Nightlife

by tidzy Written Sep 23, 2006

The lights were out in the resort which we stayed in, so my dad, my brother, my sister and I decided to go on a drinking spree at the resort next to ours, Sulu Sunset. Fortunately, the owner had a generator so the place was pretty bright, lights everywhere and there was music. Although I could hardly remember what it was, I'm sure it was foreign.

Dress Code: No dress code, my family and I were wearing the same clothes we wore since that afternoon.

Sipalay Transportation

• Getting to Sipalay

Closest airport´s are Bacalod and Dumaguete, land transportation probably a little better from Bacalod, but there are some interresting places between Dumaguete and Sipalay (Apo island, Tambobo bay). From Clark the closest airport is probably Cebu, from where you can fly to Bacalod or Dumaguete or take a speedboat to Dumaguete. Or take a Philtranco...

• Mangrove River Cruise

Since my family and I stayed at the city proper and wanted to go to Sugar Beach again, we asked around and got some valuable information from our hotel's receptionist. She told us to make a left(from the City) when we see this building with a name "Montilla" on it and go straight. We did as she said and found a bridge. The bridge, when we came, was...

• "Floaty"

Driftwood Village, a resort in Sipalay, let us rent snorkeling gear and a pump boat. It would be much better if you let the staff know if you want to rent their gear and boat before hand so that there would be no conflicts to schedules since they also ferry their guests to and from the resort.

Sipalay Off The Beaten Path

by tidzy Written Sep 23, 2006

Most tourists spend their times lounging on the beaches, sipping cocktails at the bars or eating the food in the restaurants offered, but what these tourists miss are the hidden attractions that locals can show you. My dad has a fondness for talking to the locals, he talked to little kids and we were taken into the barrio where we were led into a cave full of stalactites and stalagmites. Cool? Yes!

Sipalay Sports & Outdoors

by tidzy Written Sep 23, 2006

The long stretch of sand in Langub has many resorts and most of them have put up volleyball nets. Getting a tan while playing is absolutely refreshing!

Equipment: All you need is a volley ball, and that's not so hard to bring. I'm sure the resorts also have equipment that you can rent.

Instant Answers: Sipalay

Comments

Explore Deeper into Sipalay
Map of Sipalay