Coron Restaurants

take away pancit

Most Recent Restaurants in Coron

BIG MAMA'S: ANOTHER DECENT RESTAURANT

fish and chips

The first day we passed by this restaurant and decided to give it a miss, but we were in the area a couple of days later and decided to eat there. The restaurant was basic but the service was fine, beers were cold and the food good. My wife ate a Filipino favorite, sinigang which is a tamarind soup with fish. I went for the fish and chips which was not exactly the same as UK fish and chips but the taste was good. The chips were actually slices of potato while the fish was breaded fillet cut into strips. There were many items on the menu, including a few international dishes, all at a reasonable price.

DALI DALI: FANCY EATING KOREAN

cannot miss it

Dali Dali means quickly, quickly and is worth trying this restaurant out. You cannot miss it as the front of the restaurant is covered in photographs of the meals on offer, including the history of kimchee. As the name suggests service was fast and we had two noodle dishes with kimchee, but unfortunately i cannot remember the name . The small restaurant is usually full of Koreans and it is difficult to find a seat as it can only accommodate around 12 people on the 3 or 4 tables.

MACARIOS RESTAURANT: REALLY DISAPPOINTING

NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE

We had planned to have a special meal here as they serve a Mongolian BBQ for 280 pesos and had been looking forward to eating here for 3 days. Staff handed out leaflets around town to promote the restaurant as it is a little out of the way. After entering the restaurant we were told that the Mongolian BBQ was no longer available so we left immediately. We noticed that there were no other patrons there.

LA SIRENETTA: DINE WHILE SURROUNDED BY TOPLESS LADIES

mermaid

Actually the posts are sculptured in the shape of mermaids, which happens to be the name of the restaurant in the local language. This very popular seafood restaurant is owned by a Brit/Filipino and is built on columns out at sea which offers great views especially at sunset. Besides seafood there are many other items on the menu, so i chose a chicken cordon bleu which contained imported cheese and ham. My wife chose grilled mahi mahi, a local fish which came with chutney. Both were excellent but also the most expensive meal we ate while we were in Coron, but considering the quality of the food, the beautiful setting in the sea it was well worth it.

ISLAND DINER: AN ACCEPTABLE BURGER

burger and fries

Basically this is a shack offering burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings and drinks. I felt a little hungry during the afternoon so i ordered a burger for 55 pesos and for an extra 35 pesos i up graded so i could get an iced tea and french fries. I was not really expecting much but when the burger came it was quite acceptable. The waitress was a friendly woman and told a few jokes. The burger came with a little flag attached to it which said American Meat so i asked the waitress if it was imported. Apparently the burger shack is owned by a foreigner and when they first opened the meat was imported but no longer.

KAISON FOOD CORP: LOCAL FOOD ONLY but VERY GOOD

the menu

We popped in here for a take away and found the local food to be good and so did the locals as the place was packed out. We decided on two pancits to take back to the GH and at 60 pesos each it was a bargain. The walls were covered in photos of all the meals that were available here, and most of them looked great. The canteen seemed to occupy two buildings as the kitchen appeared to be next door so the waitress appeared from the street carrying the customer's orders.

BANDO GRILL & RESTOBAR: I WONDER WHAT ELSE IS ROTTING IN THE REFRIGERATOR

stay away from here

WE decided to try Bando's Grill and Restobar as it would be an ideal place to watch the sunset, ans although we managed to take some great photos we were extremely disappointed with the food. My wife asked for mixed seafood and it was quite nice but the problem came with my meal---shrimp with pineapple. I kept thinking that the food tasted strange but the restaurant was owned by a Korean so i thought maybe it was just a strange spice that was added to the meal, but just as i was about finished i realised that the pineapple was off. It had come from a can and perhaps the can had been left open in the ref for too long. When we pointed out to the waitress that the pineapple was off and had been opened for too long she said that we were probably correct, but unfortunately the owner was not around.
    My advice is not to go here as who knows what other rotten food they use in their kitchen.

WINNIE'S: AN EXCELLENT MEAL

WINNIE'S

We dined at Winnie's one night and we were extremely pleased with the food on offer. As well as some local food, seafood there was a decent selection of international food such as lamb curry and Thai chili basil. My wife chose the sinigang soup which turned out to be a very generous portion containing two talikito fish steaks. I chose samosas which were delicious and we shared a crab fried rice. Add on a couple of beers and a juice and the bill was only 500 pesos. The owner was Swiss i believe and the waitress was friendly and gave us free peanuts, free lato (seaweed salad) and free leche flan each.
    Besides the normal menu there is a blackboard with an additional 15 or so meals that are also available.

LOLO NONOY'S FOOD STATION: TRY THE HALO HALO or PANCIT

by davidjo Written Jun 10, 2014

as you enter the food station

We popped in here for a snack and chose the halo halo, a Philippine favorite desert which is crushed ice, evaporated milk, dried fruits and sometimes includes ice cream. The place was also famous for its pancit (noodles) and different sized plates were displayed on the wall to give the customer an idea of the different sized portions. As you entered there was a food counter with containers filled with pre-cooked meals---all local favorites. Besides this , there was an extensive menu, all at reasonable prices. This was a restaurant more popular with the locals although there were one or two foreigners dining too. And as for the halo halo------it was fine, tasted worse, tasted better.

BRUJITA BAR AND RESTAURANT: DELICIOUS THAI CURRIES

by davidjo Written Jun 10, 2014

BRUJITA BAR & RESTAURANT

On our first night in Coron we were rather tired so we chose a restaurant nearby our GH, (advertising veggie food as this was suitable for my wife) and we were not disappointed. Brujita is on the National Highway just 50m from the Coastal Road, which is basically 200m from Coron Bistro, quite near the center of town. The lady who owned the place was from North Luzon and was very pleasant and helpful. There were several other customers there too, some just drinking at the bar and some enjoying their meal. Darts were available and one wall was covered in notices about local tourist spots, agencies and GH's. We decided upon a Thai Veggie curry and Thai chicken curry which was served with rice and a couple of beers. My wife enjoyed her curry and i enjoyed the chicken curry which was especially tasty as the chicken had been grilled first giving it an extra flavor. There were many other international choices on the menu, all at a reasonable price and i would not hesitate in eating here again.

• Bistro Coron: Bistro Coron = FOOD POISONING

by Siargao_Mom Written Dec 30, 2013

This is my first ever negative review. I generally see the positive in people and situations no matter the circumstance. After my experience at Bistro and still ill after a week i feel it is my duty to warn the public.

Being in the service industry striving for excellence and customer satisfaction should always be the goal. Every restaurant will make mistakes. it comes with the job, yet one can redeem themselves by acknowledging error and taking responsibility. After eating at the Bistro i spent the whole night violently vomiting, with diarrhea and in excruciating pain / fever. The following morning i stumbled back to the bistro. When i approached the management they admitted that the chicken they served me was raw because they didnt have time to defrost while busy over the dinner rush. When i explained how ill i was to the owner rudely approached while waving his hands in the air, "there is nothing i can do". Disturbed by his obvious lack of concern, i asked if he could at least reimburse me for the food that got me sick or for antibiotics. What came next should cause anyone considering to eat there to stay FAR away. He laughed and in a loud voice he said, "get out of my restaurant!!!" When i tried to take a picture for this review he violently rushed at me trying to physically throw me out. Although tempting to gather the little strength i had to defend his unwarranted attack i chose not to stoop to his level. After visiting the toilet again with my stomach convulsing in pain i made a report to police, sanitary and tourism. In the process i was told that many people have complained of food poisoning. The kitchen is filthy, toilets look like they are never cleaned and no water to wash or flush. In any other country this establishment would be shut down a long time ago and the owner held accountable for his actions. If you value your health please choose and support a filipino owned place rather than a foreigner who thinks he can get away with anything he wants because he has money.

• Kawayanan Grill and Restaurant, Coron: Kawayanan Grill and Restaurant, Coron

by dawnangeles Written Jan 11, 2013

Great food, nice place and accommodating staff. Its the only restaurant in Coron that I know accepts credit card. After 5 days of staying in Coron and eating out, this is the only restaurant that accepted credit card.

The food was also great. Love their mixed sea foods and pancit among others. Fastest service that we ever experience in all the restaurants we visited (and we visited and ate at 6 different restaurant before we found this great place). In other restaurants, it took a while for the food to arrive.

They have a nice outdoor area and the staff were really great. They look after the needs of the dinners.

Favorite Dish: Most of their dishes are great. We went back to the place for another taste of their mixed sea food plate.

• Coron Bistro and Bar: Coron Bistro and Bar, Coron Palawan

by dawnangeles Written Jan 11, 2013

Ok tasting food, but with only 2 staff (1 at the bar and the other serving the sitting dinners). So the staff looked very harass with all the dinners they have to serve. They were not so accommodating, maybe because of that. It takes a while for the food to arrive as well.

Next day, we wanted to order pizza and just take it out so we won't have to deal with the noise in the restaurant. But the staff in the bar told us they don't allow take out order of pizza since they don't have a lot of pizza dough, but we can have the pizza if we get a table in the restaurant and eat it there.

I don't get it. We're buying the same pizza and paying for it. But if you take it out, they won't sell it to you but if you eat it in the restaurant, then you can have it. .... Tsk .. tsk .. tsk...

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Trining Bacsa and Restaurant: Try their Kaldereta

by kemisteryoso Updated Nov 6, 2011

I had one of my lunch here because I'm running out of money :). Located just beside Jackie's Videoke just right outside Sea Dive Resort. Their viand starts at P40.00. Try their Beef Kaldereta, I love the taste.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Sea Dive Restaurant: Dine with the sea

by kemisteryoso Updated Jan 20, 2011

Sea dive restaurant has a great view of the Coron Bay and nearby islands so dining here is different from other restaurants in Coron. It is made of light materials with wooden chairs. Guests from other resorts usually dine here because of the free wifi. I am not just sure if the coffee is also free once you dine. I drank plenty of coffee during my entire stay.
    They have big servings of Filipino breakfast and my favorite is the beef tapa with scrambled egg for P180.00 . But the rice is not enough I think there is something wrong in the proportion. I love the taste of their bicol express on top of 2 grilled eggplant but sometimes they serve only one eggplant (which is which). The pancit and pasta servings are good for two but I am not happy about their chicken spaghetti, it was tasteless. Prices start at P150.00.
    Sea dive restaurant also have friendly and very helpful staff especially the group in the morning. I love this group than their evening counterpart actually.
    My fondest memory is having a bottle of beer every time I sit on near the water front while enjoying their free wifi and the nice view of the sea.

Favorite Dish: Free Wifi.. Free Coffee.. Nice view

Instant Answers: Coron

Comments

Coron Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coron restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron sightseeing.