Coron Restaurants

take away pancit

Best Rated Restaurants in Coron

• Restaurants in Coron: Good and Bad Restaurants in Coron

by serendip_finder Updated Mar 1, 2009

Herewith is our opinion on some of the restaurants we have been to in Coron, Palawan, Philippines. All of there are located in the town proper.

For the best food in Coron, Palawan, Philippines, go to Bistro Coron. My family and I always eat there with some of my local friends whever we are in Coron. The interiors as not up to par. But the food is great! Their pizzas a very good. But my fave is the Thai Steamed Fish, with the fish steamed just right, not tough & not too soft, and the thai ingredients are crisp and perfectly proportioned. My wife likes the crab and shrimp dishes. They also have a good, if a bit limited, wine selection.

For the best retaurant and bar ambiance in Coron, go to the Village Lodge, Restaurant and Bar. Perfect island-life interiors, lighting just right, the right background music for the hip and semi-hip crowd. The food is also good. The bar has a wide selection of drinks.

Another place with an interesting ambiance is La Serenata. It was some sordid-looking, but interesting, mermaid scuptures for columns. It is located offshore accessible by a footbridge. It has a 360-degree view of the town's busy waterfront, the bay, and the surrounding islands and mountains. I would rate the food between fair and moderately good.

Another good place in Coron was Old House Restaurant. The "Chicken in a Basket", which is basically a fried checken, is good.

Kawayan Grill is a budget outdoor bar with native dining cabanas set under a big tree. The food is Ok. mostly grilled. Music is mostly pop. The ambiance is great in the evening.

We find Michelangelo italian restaurant overrated. The prices are skyhigh compared to other restaurants in Coron. When we went for lunch there, they were our of so many increadiests--italian rice, sauces, etc. We had to settle carbonara and sandwich. At they food was not that good. It was disappointing. I would not go there again.

Another restaurant in Coron that disappoints is the SeaDive restaurant. I ordered the blue marlin there and it was tough. The sauce was nondescript and too salty. I would prefer not to eat there again.

There are so many new restaurants, bars, and cafes opening up in the Poblacion (town proper) in Coron, there would be a lot of choices, even for the discriminating.

If you visit Coron for holiday, I advise you not to book in an island resort as they tend to be isolated. Instead, book in a good hotel or lodge in the Poblacion (town proper). From there you can arrange daytrips to the different islands, lakes, beaches, divesites, hotsprings, etc. You also have the option of renting a bike, go herseback, or hike to explore the island, including Mt Tapyas, Mt darala, different warefalls, etc. Plus you can exprefience the island lightlife.

Favorite Dish: Bistro Coron - Pizzas, Thai Style Steamed Fish, Crab Dishes, Shrimp Dishes.

Village Bar & Restaurant - Bulalo (Beef Shank Stew)

Old House - Chicke in a Basket

La Sereneta - Grilled Blue Marlin

Kawayan Grill - chicken barbecue

• Beaches
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Sailing and Boating

WINNIE'S: AN EXCELLENT MEAL

by davidjo Written Jun 11, 2014

We dined at Winnie's one night and we were extremely pleased with the food on offer. As well as some local food, seafood there was a decent selection of international food such as lamb curry and Thai chili basil. My wife chose the sinigang soup which turned out to be a very generous portion containing two talikito fish steaks. I chose samosas which were delicious and we shared a crab fried rice. Add on a couple of beers and a juice and the bill was only 500 pesos. The owner was Swiss i believe and the waitress was friendly and gave us free peanuts, free lato (seaweed salad) and free leche flan each.
    Besides the normal menu there is a blackboard with an additional 15 or so meals that are also available.

WINNIE'S Additional items on the menu samosas crab fried rice sinigang

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Hotel Michelangelo: Best Italian and wine on the island

by DSwede Updated Feb 8, 2009

Its a bit further off from the main part of town, so tourists usually only find this place upon recommendations from others. But I will endorse it further by saying that it is among the highlights of my stay in Coron.

The hotel itself is undergoing renovations, so I cannot speak of the rooms, but the restaurant is all open air, immediately off of the water. If you are lucky and the tables are not occupied, you can have your meal only a few steps away from the cooling breezes off the sea.

Favorite Dish: All the food was delicious, particularly the seafood pastas. The Italian owner/chef is a master. We sampled the lasagna, the tagliatelle negre and the savory sashimi tanguige... all of which melted in our mouths.

Put the above together with a salad and a bottle of wine and our bill was still under $40US.

Sister and I enjoying last supper in Coron

• DSwede's Profile Photo

La Sirenetta Restaurant: Dine out over the water

by DSwede Written Mar 6, 2008

La Sirenetta is visible from anywhere on the water and from Seadive Resort. It is built out over the water at the end of a long walking path. There are large mermaids decoratively hanging on each of the restaurant's corners.

The restaurant is open air, with thatched roof. There is a fully stocked bar, functional kitchen, and even a pool table for those coming with no appetite.

Favorite Dish: The daily fresh catch (lapu lapu) is always a good bet. Unlike some of the other restaurants, the fish is always served moist and full of flavor. The portions are large and the prices are reasonable. The tuna steaks were also wonderful!

Delicious food all the way around

MACARIOS RESTAURANT: REALLY DISAPPOINTING

by davidjo Written Jun 11, 2014

We had planned to have a special meal here as they serve a Mongolian BBQ for 280 pesos and had been looking forward to eating here for 3 days. Staff handed out leaflets around town to promote the restaurant as it is a little out of the way. After entering the restaurant we were told that the Mongolian BBQ was no longer available so we left immediately. We noticed that there were no other patrons there.

NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE macarios

DALI DALI: FANCY EATING KOREAN

by davidjo Written Jun 11, 2014

Dali Dali means quickly, quickly and is worth trying this restaurant out. You cannot miss it as the front of the restaurant is covered in photographs of the meals on offer, including the history of kimchee. As the name suggests service was fast and we had two noodle dishes with kimchee, but unfortunately i cannot remember the name . The small restaurant is usually full of Koreans and it is difficult to find a seat as it can only accommodate around 12 people on the 3 or 4 tables.

cannot miss it history of kimchee

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Sea Dive Restaurant: Dine with the sea

by kemisteryoso Updated Jan 20, 2011

Sea dive restaurant has a great view of the Coron Bay and nearby islands so dining here is different from other restaurants in Coron. It is made of light materials with wooden chairs. Guests from other resorts usually dine here because of the free wifi. I am not just sure if the coffee is also free once you dine. I drank plenty of coffee during my entire stay.
    They have big servings of Filipino breakfast and my favorite is the beef tapa with scrambled egg for P180.00 . But the rice is not enough I think there is something wrong in the proportion. I love the taste of their bicol express on top of 2 grilled eggplant but sometimes they serve only one eggplant (which is which). The pancit and pasta servings are good for two but I am not happy about their chicken spaghetti, it was tasteless. Prices start at P150.00.
    Sea dive restaurant also have friendly and very helpful staff especially the group in the morning. I love this group than their evening counterpart actually.
    My fondest memory is having a bottle of beer every time I sit on near the water front while enjoying their free wifi and the nice view of the sea.

Favorite Dish: Free Wifi.. Free Coffee.. Nice view

coffee with the sea Filipino breakfast beef tapa with scramble egg my favorite.. extra strong.

BRUJITA BAR AND RESTAURANT: DELICIOUS THAI CURRIES

by davidjo Written Jun 10, 2014

On our first night in Coron we were rather tired so we chose a restaurant nearby our GH, (advertising veggie food as this was suitable for my wife) and we were not disappointed. Brujita is on the National Highway just 50m from the Coastal Road, which is basically 200m from Coron Bistro, quite near the center of town. The lady who owned the place was from North Luzon and was very pleasant and helpful. There were several other customers there too, some just drinking at the bar and some enjoying their meal. Darts were available and one wall was covered in notices about local tourist spots, agencies and GH's. We decided upon a Thai Veggie curry and Thai chicken curry which was served with rice and a couple of beers. My wife enjoyed her curry and i enjoyed the chicken curry which was especially tasty as the chicken had been grilled first giving it an extra flavor. There were many other international choices on the menu, all at a reasonable price and i would not hesitate in eating here again.

BRUJITA BAR & RESTAURANT darts and info veggie curry chicken curry

LOLO NONOY'S FOOD STATION: TRY THE HALO HALO or PANCIT

by davidjo Written Jun 10, 2014

We popped in here for a snack and chose the halo halo, a Philippine favorite desert which is crushed ice, evaporated milk, dried fruits and sometimes includes ice cream. The place was also famous for its pancit (noodles) and different sized plates were displayed on the wall to give the customer an idea of the different sized portions. As you entered there was a food counter with containers filled with pre-cooked meals---all local favorites. Besides this , there was an extensive menu, all at reasonable prices. This was a restaurant more popular with the locals although there were one or two foreigners dining too. And as for the halo halo------it was fine, tasted worse, tasted better.

as you enter the food station the sign the food counter

BANDO GRILL & RESTOBAR: I WONDER WHAT ELSE IS ROTTING IN THE REFRIGERATOR

by davidjo Written Jun 11, 2014

WE decided to try Bando's Grill and Restobar as it would be an ideal place to watch the sunset, ans although we managed to take some great photos we were extremely disappointed with the food. My wife asked for mixed seafood and it was quite nice but the problem came with my meal---shrimp with pineapple. I kept thinking that the food tasted strange but the restaurant was owned by a Korean so i thought maybe it was just a strange spice that was added to the meal, but just as i was about finished i realised that the pineapple was off. It had come from a can and perhaps the can had been left open in the ref for too long. When we pointed out to the waitress that the pineapple was off and had been opened for too long she said that we were probably correct, but unfortunately the owner was not around.
    My advice is not to go here as who knows what other rotten food they use in their kitchen.

stay away from here the restaurant extensive menu mixed seafood

KAISON FOOD CORP: LOCAL FOOD ONLY but VERY GOOD

by davidjo Written Jun 11, 2014

We popped in here for a take away and found the local food to be good and so did the locals as the place was packed out. We decided on two pancits to take back to the GH and at 60 pesos each it was a bargain. The walls were covered in photos of all the meals that were available here, and most of them looked great. The canteen seemed to occupy two buildings as the kitchen appeared to be next door so the waitress appeared from the street carrying the customer's orders.

the menu the canteen take away pancit

ISLAND DINER: AN ACCEPTABLE BURGER

by davidjo Written Jun 11, 2014

Basically this is a shack offering burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings and drinks. I felt a little hungry during the afternoon so i ordered a burger for 55 pesos and for an extra 35 pesos i up graded so i could get an iced tea and french fries. I was not really expecting much but when the burger came it was quite acceptable. The waitress was a friendly woman and told a few jokes. The burger came with a little flag attached to it which said American Meat so i asked the waitress if it was imported. Apparently the burger shack is owned by a foreigner and when they first opened the meat was imported but no longer.

burger and fries the happy waitress other offers the diner

LA SIRENETTA: DINE WHILE SURROUNDED BY TOPLESS LADIES

by davidjo Written Jun 11, 2014

Actually the posts are sculptured in the shape of mermaids, which happens to be the name of the restaurant in the local language. This very popular seafood restaurant is owned by a Brit/Filipino and is built on columns out at sea which offers great views especially at sunset. Besides seafood there are many other items on the menu, so i chose a chicken cordon bleu which contained imported cheese and ham. My wife chose grilled mahi mahi, a local fish which came with chutney. Both were excellent but also the most expensive meal we ate while we were in Coron, but considering the quality of the food, the beautiful setting in the sea it was well worth it.

mermaid the Sirenetta grilled mahi mahi chicken cordon bleu great view over the ocean

• missmarianne's Profile Photo

Sea Dive Resort: woRST FOOD ever!

by missmarianne Written Jul 26, 2010

we did not actually stay here, but we had our early dinner at their resto which I REGRET the mOSt. We should have eaten somewhere else instead. They have this menu about which and what food to order best discussing the content (ingredients) ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY WILL just SERVE YOU REHEATED LEFTOVER from another dish. Disgusting. When I complained at the waitress, I overheard the kitchen staff laughing at it and making nasty comments about their customer's concerns.

Favorite Dish: I appreciate their apple shake though

• Diving and Snorkeling

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Raphaella's: Pinoy Breakfast

by f8stop Updated Sep 29, 2007

This is inside Darayonan Lodge. We had a yummy Pinoy Breakfast for a fair budget. Great ambiance, too. Sound of soft instrumental music and various windchimes float around while you enjoy good food and impeccable service.

Favorite Dish: i liked the rice meal with egg and longganisa...

Raphaella's
    • School Holidays

Instant Answers: Coron

Comments

Coron Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coron restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron sightseeing.