Coron Restaurants

take away pancit

Best Rated Restaurants in Coron

• Restaurants in Coron: Good and Bad Restaurants in Coron

by serendip_finder Updated Mar 1, 2009

Herewith is our opinion on some of the restaurants we have been to in Coron, Palawan, Philippines. All of there are located in the town proper.

For the best food in Coron, Palawan, Philippines, go to Bistro Coron. My family and I always eat there with some of my local friends whever we are in Coron. The interiors as not up to par. But the food is great! Their pizzas a very good. But my fave is the Thai Steamed Fish, with the fish steamed just right, not tough & not too soft, and the thai ingredients are crisp and perfectly proportioned. My wife likes the crab and shrimp dishes. They also have a good, if a bit limited, wine selection.

For the best retaurant and bar ambiance in Coron, go to the Village Lodge, Restaurant and Bar. Perfect island-life interiors, lighting just right, the right background music for the hip and semi-hip crowd. The food is also good. The bar has a wide selection of drinks.

Another place with an interesting ambiance is La Serenata. It was some sordid-looking, but interesting, mermaid scuptures for columns. It is located offshore accessible by a footbridge. It has a 360-degree view of the town's busy waterfront, the bay, and the surrounding islands and mountains. I would rate the food between fair and moderately good.

Another good place in Coron was Old House Restaurant. The "Chicken in a Basket", which is basically a fried checken, is good.

Kawayan Grill is a budget outdoor bar with native dining cabanas set under a big tree. The food is Ok. mostly grilled. Music is mostly pop. The ambiance is great in the evening.

We find Michelangelo italian restaurant overrated. The prices are skyhigh compared to other restaurants in Coron. When we went for lunch there, they were our of so many increadiests--italian rice, sauces, etc. We had to settle carbonara and sandwich. At they food was not that good. It was disappointing. I would not go there again.

Another restaurant in Coron that disappoints is the SeaDive restaurant. I ordered the blue marlin there and it was tough. The sauce was nondescript and too salty. I would prefer not to eat there again.

There are so many new restaurants, bars, and cafes opening up in the Poblacion (town proper) in Coron, there would be a lot of choices, even for the discriminating.

If you visit Coron for holiday, I advise you not to book in an island resort as they tend to be isolated. Instead, book in a good hotel or lodge in the Poblacion (town proper). From there you can arrange daytrips to the different islands, lakes, beaches, divesites, hotsprings, etc. You also have the option of renting a bike, go herseback, or hike to explore the island, including Mt Tapyas, Mt darala, different warefalls, etc. Plus you can exprefience the island lightlife.

Favorite Dish: Bistro Coron - Pizzas, Thai Style Steamed Fish, Crab Dishes, Shrimp Dishes.

Village Bar & Restaurant - Bulalo (Beef Shank Stew)

Old House - Chicke in a Basket

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Hotel Michelangelo: Best Italian and wine on the island

by DSwede Updated Feb 8, 2009

Sister and I enjoying last supper in Coron

Its a bit further off from the main part of town, so tourists usually only find this place upon recommendations from others. But I will endorse it further by saying that it is among the highlights of my stay in Coron.

The hotel itself is undergoing renovations, so I cannot speak of the rooms, but the restaurant is all open air, immediately off of the water. If you are lucky and the tables are not occupied, you can have your meal only a few steps away from the cooling breezes off the sea.

Favorite Dish: All the food was delicious, particularly the seafood pastas. The Italian owner/chef is a master. We sampled the lasagna, the tagliatelle negre and the savory sashimi tanguige... all of which melted in our mouths.

Put the above together with a salad and a bottle of wine and our bill was still under $40US.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

La Sirenetta Restaurant: Dine out over the water

by DSwede Written Mar 6, 2008

Delicious food all the way around

La Sirenetta is visible from anywhere on the water and from Seadive Resort. It is built out over the water at the end of a long walking path. There are large mermaids decoratively hanging on each of the restaurant's corners.

The restaurant is open air, with thatched roof. There is a fully stocked bar, functional kitchen, and even a pool table for those coming with no appetite.

Favorite Dish: The daily fresh catch (lapu lapu) is always a good bet. Unlike some of the other restaurants, the fish is always served moist and full of flavor. The portions are large and the prices are reasonable. The tuna steaks were also wonderful!

Sea Dive Restaurant: Dine with the sea

by kemisteryoso Updated Jan 20, 2011

Sea dive restaurant has a great view of the Coron Bay and nearby islands so dining here is different from other restaurants in Coron. It is made of light materials with wooden chairs. Guests from other resorts usually dine here because of the free wifi. I am not just sure if the coffee is also free once you dine. I drank plenty of coffee during my entire stay.
    They have big servings of Filipino breakfast and my favorite is the beef tapa with scrambled egg for P180.00 . But the rice is not enough I think there is something wrong in the proportion. I love the taste of their bicol express on top of 2 grilled eggplant but sometimes they serve only one eggplant (which is which). The pancit and pasta servings are good for two but I am not happy about their chicken spaghetti, it was tasteless. Prices start at P150.00.
    Sea dive restaurant also have friendly and very helpful staff especially the group in the morning. I love this group than their evening counterpart actually.
    My fondest memory is having a bottle of beer every time I sit on near the water front while enjoying their free wifi and the nice view of the sea.

Favorite Dish: Free Wifi.. Free Coffee.. Nice view

• missmarianne's Profile Photo

Sea Dive Resort: woRST FOOD ever!

by missmarianne Written Jul 26, 2010

we did not actually stay here, but we had our early dinner at their resto which I REGRET the mOSt. We should have eaten somewhere else instead. They have this menu about which and what food to order best discussing the content (ingredients) ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY WILL just SERVE YOU REHEATED LEFTOVER from another dish. Disgusting. When I complained at the waitress, I overheard the kitchen staff laughing at it and making nasty comments about their customer's concerns.

Favorite Dish: I appreciate their apple shake though

• Diving and Snorkeling

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Raphaella's: Pinoy Breakfast

by f8stop Updated Sep 29, 2007

Raphaella's

This is inside Darayonan Lodge. We had a yummy Pinoy Breakfast for a fair budget. Great ambiance, too. Sound of soft instrumental music and various windchimes float around while you enjoy good food and impeccable service.

Favorite Dish: i liked the rice meal with egg and longganisa...

• School Holidays

They have Nido soup: Jackie's Videoke and Restaurant

by kemisteryoso Written Sep 19, 2010

One of the local restaurant that offer food for a very cheap price. They offer variety of big servings of Pancit. They also offer Nido soup for P250.00. Prices of their viands start at P40.00. They also offer Filipino breakfast for P70.00. I tried their pansit bihon for P50.00 before my hike to Mt. Tapyas. I need some carbo for this. :)

There is also a videoke for music lovers at night.

• anliz99's Profile Photo

Darayonan Restaurant: Darayonan Restaurant

by anliz99 Written Apr 14, 2009

This is where we had our breakfast and some of our lunch. Food is good and price is reasonable. I think they have a different name to the resto but the only thing you need to remember is that it's in Darayonan Lodge :)

La Sirenneta Sea food restaurant.: Sea food Resto above water

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

aerial view of la sirenetta

It is a restaurant built above water. I saw this one from Sea Dive Resort and planned to have my dinner there. But when I saw the wooden path that was built above the water that looks weak and old that gave me the idea that it is not safe to cross for a lone traveler in a dark night. I changed my mind. I didn't see any railings that you can hold on to and no light to guide your path. Maybe one can visit this restaurant during lunch time. I think it is good to dine here since it is a water front restaurant with a nice view of the sea and islands. It is obvious they are offering seafood :)

Coron Bistro and Bar: Pizza and burger

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

A resto bar owned by a french guy named Bruno. It is a small place frequented by foreigners. A small group can also drink here other than eating. Their specialty is Burger and Pizza which costs P180.00 It is good for 2 persons that's why I carried some on my way to the resort but I like the Pizza of Hard Koch kafe more in Bantayan Island. One can also try other menu like Spicy chicken wings, baked mussel and pasta. Meals cost 140 pesos and above and they also offer breakfast.
    I have this strange conversation with their waitress. I asked her while giving my order why she's not smiling that makes her looks unfriendly and she told me that they are prohibited to do so and that is a very strict order. I don't know why. It's very strange for me.
    They also sell map of the Calamianes group of islands for P500.00 and souvenir shirts for P1000.00 . Yes it is very expensive because they said it was printed in France.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Lolo Nonoy's Food Station: Don't miss the Bulalo!

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

They offer simple menu and mostly Filipino food. It is a typical local restaurant with very simple decorations. Tables were set inside bamboo cottages. The price is very reasonable and my favorite is their Bulalo and Beef Kaldereta. Their Kaldereta is just 40 pesos per serving. The restaurant closes early so don't go beyond 9 PM.

Kawayanan Grill Station: Garden setting

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

Kawayanan locally means Place where there are plenty of bamboos. This is a resto bar made of light materials like bamboo with a garden setting. The entrance is decorated with vines and plants. It has a bar located at the center they offer variety of both local and foreign dishes. I just ordered sisig and drunk 2 bottles of beer when I was here. Drinks here cost 50 pesos above and meal prices start at P130.00. They have a band that plays twice a week plus one can sing on a videoke located at the right side of the grill. It is also a nice place to hang out with good crowd.

Old house: Heapy spaguetti

by kemisteryoso Written Sep 18, 2010

It is a small bar and restaurant along the National Highway walking distance from Coron Bistro. It can only accommodate small crowd plus only offering local drinks. I tried their spaguetti and it is good for 2 persons. My stomach can't accommodate all. I saw some regular meals being serve too. Prices of Meals start at P120.00.

Favorite Dish: Spaguetti

Japanese: Oishi desu ne?

by kemisteryoso Written Sep 18, 2010

This if for Japanese food lovers. It is a small restaurant located along the highway in Bankwang area going to the airport. I scanned the menu and they are offering simple Japanese food like sushi. Not comparable to any big Japanese restaurant in Manila of course at least Coron have a simple one. Prices start at P130.00. I am not a fan of Japanese food but you can try it yourself if you will visit Coron.

Trining Bacsa and Restaurant: Try their Kaldereta

by kemisteryoso Updated Nov 6, 2011

I had one of my lunch here because I'm running out of money :). Located just beside Jackie's Videoke just right outside Sea Dive Resort. Their viand starts at P40.00. Try their Beef Kaldereta, I love the taste.

Instant Answers: Coron

Comments

Coron Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coron restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron sightseeing.