Coron Restaurants

by kemisteryoso
    by missmarianne

Best Rated Restaurants in Coron

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Bistro Coron: Craving for Pizza or Pasta in Coron, Palawan?

by f8stop Written Sep 8, 2007

If you've had your fill of the local dishes of coron and want a bite of something european like pizza or pasta, you can try the menu in bistro coron. friendly staff and owner. it's a bit humid as this is near the port / market / ocean but it's still a pretty comfortable place to eat, rest a while and engage in a bit of chitchat.

Favorite Dish: We sampled the burgers, the carbonara, and the seafood pasta which all tasted good. And we finished it off with frothy, creamy, mango shake!!!

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • School Holidays

• Jean-Noel's Profile Photo

Bistro Coron: By far the best in town

by Jean-Noel Updated Mar 23, 2008

With some friends at Bistro Coron

Bistro Coron, the best in town, is a rather small restaurant owned by Bruno, a retired French anthropologist, who is also doing the cooking. Just next doors, Bruno also ceeps a bar where, sometimes till late in the night, local academics, globetrotters and expats hobnob with diving tourists. Around 1976 (during the Marcos regime) Bruno started an anthropological research on an authartic tribe living in a remoted area of the forest of south Palawan.

Favorite Dish: We tried several meals, on different days and everything was excellent. If, like me you enjoy deserts, try the Chocolate mousse. They also serve a very good fresh Mango juice.

• Study Abroad

• Bistro Coron: Bistro Coron = FOOD POISONING

by Siargao_Mom Written Dec 30, 2013

This is my first ever negative review. I generally see the positive in people and situations no matter the circumstance. After my experience at Bistro and still ill after a week i feel it is my duty to warn the public.

Being in the service industry striving for excellence and customer satisfaction should always be the goal. Every restaurant will make mistakes. it comes with the job, yet one can redeem themselves by acknowledging error and taking responsibility. After eating at the Bistro i spent the whole night violently vomiting, with diarrhea and in excruciating pain / fever. The following morning i stumbled back to the bistro. When i approached the management they admitted that the chicken they served me was raw because they didnt have time to defrost while busy over the dinner rush. When i explained how ill i was to the owner rudely approached while waving his hands in the air, "there is nothing i can do". Disturbed by his obvious lack of concern, i asked if he could at least reimburse me for the food that got me sick or for antibiotics. What came next should cause anyone considering to eat there to stay FAR away. He laughed and in a loud voice he said, "get out of my restaurant!!!" When i tried to take a picture for this review he violently rushed at me trying to physically throw me out. Although tempting to gather the little strength i had to defend his unwarranted attack i chose not to stoop to his level. After visiting the toilet again with my stomach convulsing in pain i made a report to police, sanitary and tourism. In the process i was told that many people have complained of food poisoning. The kitchen is filthy, toilets look like they are never cleaned and no water to wash or flush. In any other country this establishment would be shut down a long time ago and the owner held accountable for his actions. If you value your health please choose and support a filipino owned place rather than a foreigner who thinks he can get away with anything he wants because he has money.

• BISTRO CORON: DONT BE FAKE, BAD FOOD HIGH PRICE!!!

by globalpinoy Written May 18, 2010

Bad Ambience- in fact not even sure what ambience it have,,, trying hard to be French or Italian.. whatever....so close to the road which you can hear the noise of the cars/tricycle passing by and the dust getting in the restaurant then to your food.

Bad Pizza- we order "Hawaiian" and it taste like the frozen pizza you can buy in the supermarket and re-heat it in the oven.

Don't offer tap water- We try to ask if they offer water from the faucet its part of our usual routine when we try new restaurant...they said they dont offer water from the faucet because their water is dirty... the waitress ask us to just order from their drinks bar... then we ask ourself... if their water is dirty... could the pasta we order dirty too? as thats what the kind of water they have... or they just want to make more money from the customer???

Bad Service- We order some take away... and they charge us 10 pesos for the styropor container... after we paid more than 1,000 PHP for our food, 4 persons... isnt that enough for them to earn to cover for the container? What pissed us off is since we paid extra 10 pesos for the take-away container, it should have spoon or fork.. but unfortunately.... it dont have... how the hell do they expect someone to eat a take away, what a poor quality, poor restaurant.. I heard the owner is Italian... but I've been to Italy many times and pizza dont taste like that.....

Favorite Dish: Hell no!!!... I will never ever come back to this restaurant..... and I will never recommend this to my friends.....so DONT BE FAKE!!!! plus bad service... they only have 1 waitress to serve for the whole place.....is this a part of the cost cutting???? or just poor serviced.....

• School Holidays

• BISTRO CORON: Discusting!

by globalpinoy Written May 18, 2010

Favorite Dish: Nothing.. pizza is bad,,, pasta is bad... so discusting...

• Beer Tasting

• iclee's Profile Photo

Banol beach refreshment stand: Where's the restaurant?

by iclee Written Sep 13, 2010

When you do island hopping in Coron and its surrounding islets, be sure to bring enough cold drinks because unlike in Boracay where you can find coconut peddlers/boatmen, there is just a small refreshment stand in Banol Beach serving small bottles of Coke, Royal, Sprite and some unknown brand for PHP25/bottle.

It is manned by someone from the indigenous tribe of Coron.

Favorite Dish: None

• Beaches

• Coron Bistro and Bar: Coron Bistro and Bar, Coron Palawan

by dawnangeles Written Jan 11, 2013

Ok tasting food, but with only 2 staff (1 at the bar and the other serving the sitting dinners). So the staff looked very harass with all the dinners they have to serve. They were not so accommodating, maybe because of that. It takes a while for the food to arrive as well.

Next day, we wanted to order pizza and just take it out so we won't have to deal with the noise in the restaurant. But the staff in the bar told us they don't allow take out order of pizza since they don't have a lot of pizza dough, but we can have the pizza if we get a table in the restaurant and eat it there.

I don't get it. We're buying the same pizza and paying for it. But if you take it out, they won't sell it to you but if you eat it in the restaurant, then you can have it. .... Tsk .. tsk .. tsk...

• Kawayanan Grill and Restaurant, Coron: Kawayanan Grill and Restaurant, Coron

by dawnangeles Written Jan 11, 2013

Great food, nice place and accommodating staff. Its the only restaurant in Coron that I know accepts credit card. After 5 days of staying in Coron and eating out, this is the only restaurant that accepted credit card.

The food was also great. Love their mixed sea foods and pancit among others. Fastest service that we ever experience in all the restaurants we visited (and we visited and ate at 6 different restaurant before we found this great place). In other restaurants, it took a while for the food to arrive.

They have a nice outdoor area and the staff were really great. They look after the needs of the dinners.

Favorite Dish: Most of their dishes are great. We went back to the place for another taste of their mixed sea food plate.

Instant Answers: Coron

Comments

Coron Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coron restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron sightseeing.