Climb Mt Tapyas, Coron

Mt Tapyas with the cross on top
    by anliz99
    Cross on top
    by anliz99
  • Climb Mt Tapyas
    by kemisteryoso
  • kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Climb Mount Tapyas

by kemisteryoso Updated May 26, 2011

I hiked Mt. Tapyas around 5 PM after I had my pansit merienda at Jackie's Restaurant. I reached the summit where the big cross is located in 30 minutes but some will take 1 hour to get into the top, it depends on your level of fitness. I am still healthy though I was soaked in my own sweat. I lose my extra pudding along the way :) It is around 723 big steps so you must have the determination. The trail was cemented with railings that you can use for support when you are tired. At the summit I saw the whole view of the little town of Coron and the bay with islands and islets around. I also love the sunset over Sangat Island. It is advisable to climb early in the morning or around 5 Pm in the afternoon. There is no entrance fee and open 24 hours.

• anliz99's Profile Photo

Climb Mt Tapyas

by anliz99 Written Apr 20, 2009

Cross on top

Just walk around town and look for the sign or ask a tricycle driver to bring you there. It's 700+ steps going up so it's not an easy walk. But there are a lot of benches that you can use as 'pit stops'.

Best time to go is early in the morning or late afternoon near sunset.

You'll get a great view of the entire Coron town. There's also a huge cross on top.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing

• drunkenmaster4's Profile Photo

Climb Mt. Tapyas

by drunkenmaster4 Written Jun 28, 2007

Mt. Tapyas has a high viewdeck where you can see Coron and its surrounding islands. A picturesque sight! The view deck has a huge cross watching over Coron. You would need 30 minutes to climb up and down the view deck.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Coron

Comments

Hotels Near Climb Mt Tapyas
3.5 out of 5 stars