Coron Island Restaurants

Lolo Nonoy's
    by heydelin
  • Kare kare, chicken curry and adobong pusit
    Kare kare, chicken curry and adobong...
    kawayan grill

Most Recent Restaurants in Coron Island

• elhombre30's Profile Photo

Palayok Restaurant: A touch of Filipino resto

by elhombre30 Updated Dec 9, 2011

Palayok Restaurant in Coron

I was not able to research more about restaurant and food in Coron. During our first night we decided to go out and look for a place to dine. I saw one establishment which catches my sight for it native hut design and with some local artifacts makes the ambiance so perfect for dinner. The lights were dimmed and you can see a little smoke coming out from the grill area.

We came in and the place was indeed nice. According to the owner, this is a newly opened restaurant just February of 2011.

I strongly recommend, "Palayok" - food are excellent and prices are really reasonable.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are grilled pork, tortang talong, and sinigang na tanigue.

• La Sirenetta: Good Food but Expensive

by euberbi Updated Apr 4, 2011

I read a lot of good reviews about this restaurant so we had our first meal (late lunch) in Coron here. Including our drinks and tax, our meal set us back P800! Don't get me wrong, the food was delicious! I'm just wondering why their seafood costs so much considering Coron's a fishing village. Must be the price of the ambience. The restaurant stands at the edge of a small pier so you have the view of the waters stretching out ahead.

Favorite Dish: We ordered Chicken Wings a La Sirenetta (Spicy deep fried chicken wings served with our homemade sweet chili sauce) and Gambas Aglio e Olio (baby prawns cooked in olive oil with peppers & spices). They took about 30 minutes or so preparing the food but it was definitely worth the wait!

• Mt. Tapyas Hotel Rooftop Restaurant: What a Nice Surprise

by euberbi Written Aug 5, 2009

I was forewarned about the restaurant's terrible wait time so I really had no plans to eat here but since we were guests at the hotel, it was the most convenient place to eat especially since it was rainy during our stay. We ended up having most of our meals here because the food was great, the prices reasonable and the wait time was not that bad (20 minutes tops). Plus, you can enjoy the excellent view of Coron Bay from here. The staff was friendly and courteous, too.

Favorite Dish: Try the calamares, sinigang and lechon kawali.

• Bistro Coron: My Vote for Best Restaurant in Coron

by euberbi Written Aug 5, 2009

Yummy Pizza at Bistro Coron

I dragged my husband to this restaurant in the middle of a rainy evening. It was just drizzling when we left the hotel and there were no trikes so we decided to walk and it rained hard before we got there. So, our pants were soaked when we entered Bistro Coron. I was thinking the food better be good. The place was full which can easily happen since it's a very tiny jaunt with I think just six tables and a bar at the back that seats five. We glimpsed a dining area at a separate room but I'm not sure if that is still part of Bistro Coron or some other establishment. But more than its size, I think this place fills up quick simply because of the great food.

Favorite Dish: We had a big bowl (good for 2) of the best mushroom soup I ever tasted for just P90. Then we had a medium-sized pizza for just P249. The pizza was larger than the usual medium and looked really mouth-watering. At the sight of it, one British guy who was done with his meal told his friends, "Oh, we gotta go back here". If they ever did go back for the pizza, I'm sure they won't be disappointed! My only regret was not being able to go back for another meal before we left Coron.

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo

calamansi juice: 35
    pineapple juice: 45
    sprite: 40
    diet coke: 40

my travelmates were dissatisfied with the taste, price and service. you couldn't really tell the dissatisfaction in me coz i was there licking the last drop of sauce on the plate (or im just hungry?) the ambience and over-the-water location however makes up for the loss. all customers, as i look at them, are divers, mostly european.

• 05nov05's Profile Photo

Village Lodge: Best 'Lutong Pinoy'

by 05nov05 Written Nov 14, 2007

I love this restaurant as they offer great filipino food. Their price is also very affordable. Since I love Filipino food and 'lutong bahay' type of meal, i enjoyed their cooking plus the staff are very nice and friendly.

Favorite Dish: I love the tinola, bulalo, tuna with lemon sauce, ensaladang talong, and spicy crabs!

• 05nov05's Profile Photo

Bistro Coron: A Must-Try Resto

by 05nov05 Written Nov 14, 2007

It's the best restaurant in Coron! Try all their menus as much as possible as you won't regret ordering it. If we're gonna eat it in Manila, it's gonna be very expensive. Their food ranges from P165-P700.

• edwinic's Profile Photo

Tabing Dagat Restaurant and Inn: This Restaurant is where you will dock

by edwinic Updated Jun 7, 2007

The Oldest Church in Culion

It offers a restful place upon reaching Culion Island which is almost 1 1/2 hr travel from Coron Town.

It also serve the catch of the day. Since it was very near the public market we were able to buy some crabs, have it cooked by the restaurant and feasted on it.

The place is owned by an engineer-turned owner whose parents were leper-settler in the island (he told me so and alex mercado happened to be a school mate in an intramuros university).

The place also serve as a hotel/inn whose price range from 450 to 700 php per room share.

• arni_ph075's Profile Photo

Coconut Grove Restaurant: Dive Link Restaurant & Entertainment Area

by arni_ph075 Updated May 11, 2005

Cocogrove Restaurant

Its the only restaurant at the resort, and most of their packages being offered are inclusive of full board meals..

Al fresco style restaurant with a great view of the pool.. At night its a great venue to meet other resorts guests and share the great places visited..

At dinner they offer buffet meals, always with choice of freshly catched seafoods, chicken and veggies.. Home cooked meals..

Favorite Dish: The grilled fish is really delicious, its fresh catch of the day. Its buffet style for dinner so many servings is okay...

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Kwayan Grill: Overrated Resto

by heydelin Written Feb 1, 2013

kawayan grill

Great ambience, nice menu but expensive and serves very little. Servers does not pay attention.

Favorite Dish: Ulo ng baboy

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo

restaurant in town: carinderia style

by Rastarigo Written May 5, 2008

rice 10
    1.5 coke 45
    halohalo 35

Instant Answers: Coron Island

Comments

Coron Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coron Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron Island sightseeing.