Coron Island Restaurants

• Sunday Pizza Bonanza at Corto del Mar Hotel, Coron
    Sunday Pizza Bonanza at Corto del Mar...
    Sinugba sa Balay Restaurant
    Sinugba sa Balay Restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Coron Island

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Seadive Restaurant: Well I had a nice meal!

by CEP1863 Written Aug 22, 2014

I was looking for somewhere to eat and found this restaurant. It is accessed via a long and narrow passageway at the side of the Seadive shop on the National Highway. The restaurant boasted good views over the water and so I decided to have a look. Once you have negotiated the passageway, you then need to take the stairs to the third floor of the Seadive accommodation.

Having finally arrived, I was warmly welcomed and quickly seated and given a menu. The menu has a good degree of choice including, importantly for me, vegetarian dishes. I chose a vegetable tempura with rice and settled back to enjoy the view. When my food arrived, it was freshly cooked and well presented. There was a range of vegetables used within the dish and the tempura batter was crisp, light and not at all greasy. All in all I enjoyed my meal but I was surprised that in the time I was there, I was the only diner.

My meal, with two Coke Lights came to 265PHP.

Favorite Dish: Vegetable tempura was very good.

Seadive Restaurant Seadive Restaurant

Winnie's Restaurant: Wide and varied menu

by CEP1863 Updated Aug 20, 2014

My decision to eat at Winnie's was based upon a recommendation from VT member Davidjo's page on Coron and a further recommendation from Karin at the Rock Steady a Dive Centre.

I was greeted with a warm welcome and a complimentary dish of peanuts. The printed menu is quite limited but there is a blackboard on the wall with another 15 - 20 further dishes. These are really varied - fish, shellfish, meat and vegetarian. In the end I opted for spring rolls as a starter and dhal with fried garlic rice as my main course.

The spring rolls were freshly cooked, piping hot and really tasty, a nice start to my meal. My rice and dhal followed and again it was well presented. The dhal was really well cooked and I could really taste the wonderful flavour of the cumin coming through, the garlic rice was not overly garlicky and there was plenty of it. This was followed by a complimentary dish of leche .......... And this was really tasty.

Overall a really good meal and my bill.... with a coke zero to drink, the total cost of my meal was 255PHP which equates to around $6USD. A great recommendation from Davidjo and one that I would heartily endorse.

Winnie's Restaurant, Coron Winnie's Restaurant, Coron Winnie's Restaurant, Coron Winnie's Restaurant, Coron Winnie's Restaurant, Coron
    • Women's Travel

Los Guapos Restaurant: Decent place for lunch

by CEP1863 Written Aug 19, 2014

I stopped off here for a late lunch. Quite a small men with the standard Mexican fare - burritos, fajitas, quesiladas and nachos. There are only three tables and once you have placed your order you can watch the chef prepare your food just behind the tables in a small kitchen area.

I ordered the nachos, they arrived quickly and there was more than enough for at least two people. The food was fresh but for my personal taste I would have preferred to have had the option of having a spicier dressing. A bowl of nachos will set you back 170PHP.

Overall, a decent place for lunch.

Los Guapos Restaurant, Coron Los Guapos Restaurant, Coron

Sinugba sa Balay Restaurant: Pleasant atmosphere

by CEP1863 Written Aug 18, 2014

This was another restaurant recommended by Karin at Rocksteady Dive Centre. I immediately liked the setting as it was spacious with a real outdoor feel and you can see the chefs at work. This is a place that was clearly popular with the locals.

The menu is written on a blackboard and there is a wide range of both meat and fish dishes. There was nothing on the board in terms of vegetarian dishes but the chef said that they would make something for me. I had a mixed vegetable omelette with a Filipino salad. The salad was delicious with a really lovely lemon based dressing and the omelette was light and really well cooked.

My total bill with a Coke Light came to 171PHP which is around $4USD. It is definitely a place that I will return to and one that I would recommend.

Sinugba sa Balay Restaurant Sinugba sa Balay Restaurant

Corto del Mar Hotel: Sunday Pizza Bonanza

by CEP1863 Written Aug 17, 2014

Available all day on a Sunday in the Corto del Mar Hotel is a medium size pizza of any flavour on the menu and a drink (small beer, glass of wine or fruit juice) for 195PHP. This is available to both hotel guests as well as people who are staying elsewhere.

I chose the Quattro Formaggi, it had a nice thin base that was crispy and the topping was fairly generous. Overall, this was quite good value for money.

Sunday Pizza Bonanza at Corto del Mar Hotel, Coron
    • Women's Travel

• elhombre30's Profile Photo

Palayok Restaurant: A touch of Filipino resto

by elhombre30 Updated Dec 9, 2011

I was not able to research more about restaurant and food in Coron. During our first night we decided to go out and look for a place to dine. I saw one establishment which catches my sight for it native hut design and with some local artifacts makes the ambiance so perfect for dinner. The lights were dimmed and you can see a little smoke coming out from the grill area.

We came in and the place was indeed nice. According to the owner, this is a newly opened restaurant just February of 2011.

I strongly recommend, "Palayok" - food are excellent and prices are really reasonable.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are grilled pork, tortang talong, and sinigang na tanigue.

Palayok Restaurant in Coron Palayok Restaurant in Coron Palayok Restaurant in Coron Me and Jess at Palayok Palayok Restaurant in Coron

• La Sirenetta: Good Food but Expensive

by euberbi Updated Apr 4, 2011

I read a lot of good reviews about this restaurant so we had our first meal (late lunch) in Coron here. Including our drinks and tax, our meal set us back P800! Don't get me wrong, the food was delicious! I'm just wondering why their seafood costs so much considering Coron's a fishing village. Must be the price of the ambience. The restaurant stands at the edge of a small pier so you have the view of the waters stretching out ahead.

Favorite Dish: We ordered Chicken Wings a La Sirenetta (Spicy deep fried chicken wings served with our homemade sweet chili sauce) and Gambas Aglio e Olio (baby prawns cooked in olive oil with peppers & spices). They took about 30 minutes or so preparing the food but it was definitely worth the wait!

• Mt. Tapyas Hotel Rooftop Restaurant: What a Nice Surprise

by euberbi Written Aug 5, 2009

I was forewarned about the restaurant's terrible wait time so I really had no plans to eat here but since we were guests at the hotel, it was the most convenient place to eat especially since it was rainy during our stay. We ended up having most of our meals here because the food was great, the prices reasonable and the wait time was not that bad (20 minutes tops). Plus, you can enjoy the excellent view of Coron Bay from here. The staff was friendly and courteous, too.

Favorite Dish: Try the calamares, sinigang and lechon kawali.

• Bistro Coron: My Vote for Best Restaurant in Coron

by euberbi Written Aug 5, 2009

I dragged my husband to this restaurant in the middle of a rainy evening. It was just drizzling when we left the hotel and there were no trikes so we decided to walk and it rained hard before we got there. So, our pants were soaked when we entered Bistro Coron. I was thinking the food better be good. The place was full which can easily happen since it's a very tiny jaunt with I think just six tables and a bar at the back that seats five. We glimpsed a dining area at a separate room but I'm not sure if that is still part of Bistro Coron or some other establishment. But more than its size, I think this place fills up quick simply because of the great food.

Favorite Dish: We had a big bowl (good for 2) of the best mushroom soup I ever tasted for just P90. Then we had a medium-sized pizza for just P249. The pizza was larger than the usual medium and looked really mouth-watering. At the sight of it, one British guy who was done with his meal told his friends, "Oh, we gotta go back here". If they ever did go back for the pizza, I'm sure they won't be disappointed! My only regret was not being able to go back for another meal before we left Coron.

Yummy Pizza at Bistro Coron

calamansi juice: 35
    pineapple juice: 45
    sprite: 40
    diet coke: 40

my travelmates were dissatisfied with the taste, price and service. you couldn't really tell the dissatisfaction in me coz i was there licking the last drop of sauce on the plate (or im just hungry?) the ambience and over-the-water location however makes up for the loss. all customers, as i look at them, are divers, mostly european.

• 05nov05's Profile Photo

Village Lodge: Best 'Lutong Pinoy'

by 05nov05 Written Nov 14, 2007

I love this restaurant as they offer great filipino food. Their price is also very affordable. Since I love Filipino food and 'lutong bahay' type of meal, i enjoyed their cooking plus the staff are very nice and friendly.

Favorite Dish: I love the tinola, bulalo, tuna with lemon sauce, ensaladang talong, and spicy crabs!

• 05nov05's Profile Photo

Bistro Coron: A Must-Try Resto

by 05nov05 Written Nov 14, 2007

It's the best restaurant in Coron! Try all their menus as much as possible as you won't regret ordering it. If we're gonna eat it in Manila, it's gonna be very expensive. Their food ranges from P165-P700.

• edwinic's Profile Photo

Tabing Dagat Restaurant and Inn: This Restaurant is where you will dock

by edwinic Updated Jun 7, 2007

It offers a restful place upon reaching Culion Island which is almost 1 1/2 hr travel from Coron Town.

It also serve the catch of the day. Since it was very near the public market we were able to buy some crabs, have it cooked by the restaurant and feasted on it.

The place is owned by an engineer-turned owner whose parents were leper-settler in the island (he told me so and alex mercado happened to be a school mate in an intramuros university).

The place also serve as a hotel/inn whose price range from 450 to 700 php per room share.

The Oldest Church in Culion

• arni_ph075's Profile Photo

Coconut Grove Restaurant: Dive Link Restaurant & Entertainment Area

by arni_ph075 Updated May 11, 2005

Its the only restaurant at the resort, and most of their packages being offered are inclusive of full board meals..

Al fresco style restaurant with a great view of the pool.. At night its a great venue to meet other resorts guests and share the great places visited..

At dinner they offer buffet meals, always with choice of freshly catched seafoods, chicken and veggies.. Home cooked meals..

Favorite Dish: The grilled fish is really delicious, its fresh catch of the day. Its buffet style for dinner so many servings is okay...

Cocogrove Restaurant

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Kwayan Grill: Overrated Resto

by heydelin Written Feb 1, 2013

Great ambience, nice menu but expensive and serves very little. Servers does not pay attention.

Favorite Dish: Ulo ng baboy

kawayan grill kawayan grill :)

Instant Answers: Coron Island

Comments

Coron Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coron Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron Island sightseeing.