Coron Island Sports & Outdoors

One of the Rocksteady dive boats
    by CEP1863
    Rocksteady Dive Centre
    by CEP1863

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Coron Island

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Diving with Rocksteady Dive Centre

by CEP1863 Written Aug 21, 2014

Coron is a fantastic place to go wreck diving as there are a number of Japanese WW2 wrecks within a reasonable distance from Coron. There are many dive centres to choose from with the town and much is up to personal choice. I chose Rocksteady Dive Centre as it had been recommended to me by a fellow PADO pro who had dived there himself.

I dived with Rocksteady for four days doing a total of 12 dives. I had a fantastic experience and I found the staff to be very professional and safety conscious but still with a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Throughout my time diving, I was guided by Bong, one of the DMs at Rocksteady and without doubt, he led me on a number of spectacular wreck dives. Rocksteady are generous in terms of how they staff the boats and dive guides are carefully matched to customers by Karin, the owner, based on the level of experience each diver has. For me, this meant that I was able to do a number of good penetrative dives without experiencing the silt been kicked up by other less experienced divers.

I used my own gear, but rental gear appeared to be in good condition. The boats were well maintained and quite spacious and a good lunch was provided each day by the crew on board the boat. Without doubt, this is a good centre to dive with if you are diving in Coron and one that I would not hesitate to recommend or return to. A five star experience!

Equipment: All equipment can be rented but in addition, I would recommend taking, a hat, towel, sun glasses and sun screen. The boats are big enough for people to take personal effects such as camera and for them to stay dry.

One of the Rocksteady dive boats Rocksteady Dive Centre
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Diving in Coron

by avicennia Written Jun 10, 2008

Coron Divers

Location: near La Sirenetta restaurant & Coron Reef Pensionne

Rates: Php 3,000 - day trip with 3 dives; Php 2,400 - day trip with 2 dives
    Includes: lunch, equipment, boat, DM
    Excludes: Dive light (Php 500/day), user fees (Php 75 for Barracuda lake, Php 100 for 7 Picados, Php 75 for wrecks)

Daily dive trips depart at 9:00 am - 9:30 am.

10% discount if you bring your own equipment

Contact 09186539854 (Arnie)

I dived Barracuda lake, 7 picados and 3 wrecks with them and had the time of my life! :) Would definitely go back!

Instant Answers: Coron Island

Comments

Coron Island Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Coron Island sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron Island sightseeing.