Coron Island Travel Guide

Kayangan lake, magnificent view
    by gurangna

Coron Island Things to Do

• Snorkeling

Palawan has the best diving and snorkeling sites in the Philippines. Make sure you bring an underwater camera!

• Eat by the beach

I had my birthday lunch at Banol beach and it is the greatest birthday lunch ever! The bankeros cooked the food at the boat. Seafoods in Palawan are the best!

• Kayangan Lake

You should never miss the bliss of seeing the most amazing thing God created - Nature. I had my jaw repaired seeing this wonderful lake. The view made me cry.

Coron Island Restaurants

• Overrated Resto

Great ambience, nice menu but expensive and serves very little. Servers does not pay attention. Ulo ng baboy

• A touch of Filipino resto

I was not able to research more about restaurant and food in Coron. During our first night we decided to go out and look for a place to dine. I saw one establishment which catches my sight for it native hut design and with some local artifacts makes the ambiance so perfect for dinner. The lights were dimmed and you can see a little smoke coming out...

• Good Food but Expensive

I read a lot of good reviews about this restaurant so we had our first meal (late lunch) in Coron here. Including our drinks and tax, our meal set us back P800! Don't get me wrong, the food was delicious! I'm just wondering why their seafood costs so much considering Coron's a fishing village. Must be the price of the ambience. The restaurant...

Coron Island Nightlife

• bek_estanislao's Profile Photo

by bek_estanislao Written Apr 11, 2008

I wish videoke did not arrive at Coron. It destroys the peace and quiet of the night on a place where one should be away from all the hustle and bustle of the city life. To make it worse, the noise comes not from our accomodation but from the nearby accomodation. I think management of Darayonan should be sensitive enough to enclose the videoke in a room so as not to disturb the neighbors.

• Music

Coron Island Transportation

• gala within the town

the minimum fare is 10/pax. but we're really fortunate to meet someone like joey the tricycle driver who drives us anywhere we wanna go. He even play the role of a tourist guide. He never ask an extra charge for what he did for us instead he even returned the change supposedly his tip for the good service he provided. You can contact me if you want...

• Kuya Bing Abis

If you need a car service to and around Coron, please feel free to contact Kuya Bing Abis. A very honest and accommodating man, a typical Coron local. He offers car service to and from the airport going to Coron town. A trip to Calauit can also be negotiated. A man with all smile while touring you around the Town Of Coron.

• getting to Coron from Puerto Princesa

Hi,Check out Superferry, they leave every 8:45 on Sunday mornings. http://www.superferry.com.ph/schedules/schedules.asp?orig=PPS&dest=CRN You can also go to Coron via El Nido. Check out http://www.elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/TravelCenter.html If you need help in accommodations and tours in Coron, email me at gurangna@yahoo.comenjoy

Coron Island Shopping

• Nuttie nuts Cashew nuts

Aling Lita has been in the business for the longest time. She was gracious enough to explain to us the process of making cashew nuts. Cashew nuts (plain, garlic, sugar coated, etc.) from Php 50 to Php 300.

• Toasted Cashew

There are several mom and pop stores at Coron town and near the airport selling toasted cashew.. Really yummy... Cashew tree is found on almost all backyards of people from Coron. One of many fruit bearing trees found. Toasted cashew One hundred peso for one pack

• Coron Island Hotels

0 Hotels in Coron Island

Coron Island Local Customs

• elhombre30's Profile Photo

by elhombre30 Written Dec 9, 2011

page under construction. for now im just uploading photos then will write the review once its uploaded.

Coron Island Warnings and Dangers

• sleepygirl25's Profile Photo

by sleepygirl25 Updated Aug 19, 2010

Well we were out snorkelling near Siete Pecados. I was quite tired so I was just hanging near the boat when I heard my friends happily shouting that they saw Nemo (a clownfish) and then I heard a scream.... a friend of mine saw a jellyfish with a head as big as a coconut swimming towards him. It was funny but do be careful - jellyfish sting hurts!

• Diving and Snorkeling

Coron Island Tourist Traps

• bek_estanislao's Profile Photo

by bek_estanislao Written Apr 11, 2008

Superferry Sailaway packages should have been hassle-free but it's not. First, the agent does not come on appointments. Second, the published rates indicated that full board meals on vessel is included but the delivered ticket indicated NO MEALS. Third, no response given by Superferry when I complained about these things.

Unique Suggestions: Plan your vacation ahead and reserve early to make allowances for any errors.

Fun Alternatives: Try to use the eTicket in superferry website instead and arrange for your own accomodation.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

Coron Island What to Pack

• No ATM's!

Beach Bag, a "rubber ducky" (it's a brand of a bag that can float in the water) as much as possible since exploring the place would be via boat where you can get wet if the waves are strong. To keep all your things / valuables protected. It is advisable to wear your swimming attire upon leaving for Island Hopping. Aqua shoes is a must have when...

• Repellent is a must

backpack is still advisable. no need for trolley bags and suitcase. Please leave your laptop at home, this is a vacation not a conference. You cant avoid wearing shorts and cool clothings in palawan. Its the outdoors so wear what is expected to be worn. OFF! apart from sunblock to save yourself from sunburns, in Palawan it is essential you get a...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Coron Island? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Coron Island Off The Beaten Path

• Concepcion Falls

After the tiring Calauit Safari Trip, if you're travelling by land, ask your guide to take you to Concepcion Falls. the cool water will rejuvinate your senses. There's no entrance fee (for now) so it's worth visiting :)

• Best Time to go to Maquinit Hotsprings

We visited Coron last June 25-29, 2009. Based from our experience, the best time to go to Maquinit Hotsprings would be from 6pm onwards. They're open til 10pm anyway.If you can go there everyday during your stay in Coron, do so. But if you have to limited time, I suggest that you go there during your first night of stay in Coron and the night...

• Watch the sunrise in Mt.Tapyas

This is one of the best things in my trip, but at the same time most tiring. One has to climb 707 steps just to get to the top. But it's all worth it. The view at the top is awesome. To make it better, we went there before sunrise. We just have some minutes to rest before the sun proudly unhid itself from the mountains and rises into the...

Coron Island Sports & Outdoors

• by avicennia Written Jun 10, 2008

Coron Divers

Location: near La Sirenetta restaurant & Coron Reef Pensionne

Rates: Php 3,000 - day trip with 3 dives; Php 2,400 - day trip with 2 dives
    Includes: lunch, equipment, boat, DM
    Excludes: Dive light (Php 500/day), user fees (Php 75 for Barracuda lake, Php 100 for 7 Picados, Php 75 for wrecks)

Daily dive trips depart at 9:00 am - 9:30 am.

10% discount if you bring your own equipment

Contact 09186539854 (Arnie)

I dived Barracuda lake, 7 picados and 3 wrecks with them and had the time of my life! :) Would definitely go back!

Coron Island Favorites

• Sirenetta in Coron

Sirenetta Restaurant in Coron is a "floating" restaurant in the water with a good view. It's very breezy, but the flooring is actually very stable, and the ambiance is quite romantic at night. The price range for their pasta and pizza dishes starts at P200+ each. The staff are attentive, and the food is made to suit for foreign palate.

• Coron in 2 days

You can try Sea Dive Resort ( www.seadiveresort.com ). You can spend one whole day island hopping and another day walking around the town and probably going to Maquinit Hot Spring which you can get via tricycle or boat. The resort can arrange your tours. By taking the WGA Superferry ( http://www.superferry.com.ph/ ) you get to spend two (2) whole...

Have you been to Coron Island? Write about Coron Island to help travelers.

Instant Answers: Coron Island

Comments

Explore Deeper into Coron Island
Banol Beach
Exciting! Found a big starfish
Make friends
One of the Best Snorkeling site in the Philippines
Things to Do
I always want to get to the edge of the boat
Lagoons
Things to Do
Own the Island for a day.
This is truly a Paradise
Things to Do
Strike a pose in the Island
360 D view of Coron at the peak of Mt. Tapyas
My Vote for Best Restaurant in Coron
Banol&CYC Beaches, Cayangan Lake, Twin Lagoons
Island Hopping in Coron
Things to Do
Penetrate the monster - wreck diving
carinderia style
Restaurants
wonderful snorkeling at siete pecados
ambience wins
Island Hopping, Snorkelling, Swimming
Videoke
By Air or Sea
Best 'Lutong Pinoy'
A Must-Try Resto
the Outrigger
Transportation
I never thought kayaking could be easy
Things to Do
Getting there is half the Fun
Visit Culion Island
Things to Do
This Restaurant is where you will dock
Snorkeling
Things to Do
Take a dip in the maquinit hot springs
Island Hopping