El Nido Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in El Nido

• davidjo's Profile Photo

boat to Coron

by davidjo Updated Aug 26, 2015

Montenegro has just started a daily trip from El Nido to Coron. The journey takes 4 hours and costs a hefty 1,700 pesos, but is still 500 pesos cheaper than the other boat. I think this bat is no longer running but when i was in El Nido in April 2015 there were boats making daily trips for a similar price except for Saturdays

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

From Port Barton to El Nido

by lotharscheer Updated May 5, 2015

Jeepneys to Roxas leave at 8 am from Port Barton, be early to get a decent seat, and arrive 10 or later depending on the road condition, 150 Pesos. They stop in Roxas first at a minibus stop, the minibus (coming from Puerto Princesa) was then 350 Pesos and 4 hours to El Nido, comfort depends a lot where you sit.
    Alternativ you can go off the Jeepney at the turnoff, and wait there for the next bus to El Nido, friends paid from there to El Nido for a non aircon bus 180 Pesos, I paid for El Nido to Puerta Princesa 350, aircon bus maybe 450 Pesos. The bus is in my opinion more comfortable but a bit slower.
    In the opposite direction in order to do it in one day you might have to use a very early minibus or charter.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• davidjo's Profile Photo

BUS TO PUERTO PRINCESA

by davidjo Updated Apr 17, 2015

Rorobus and Cherry Lines have several trips a day trips a day to and from Puerto Princesa leaving from 4 am, until 10 pm. The trip takes 5 -6 hours and costs 450 pesos. Roro buses are green and cherry Lines are red. Not sure about the Roro but Cherry lines have wi-fi.
    Shuttle vans also operate the same route and cost from 500-700 pesos.

• shavy's Profile Photo

Tricycles are common transportation around

by shavy Written Feb 7, 2015

El Nido town is very small walking is pretty easy, if staying in the center walking from one place to another is the only way. The common transportation in town is tricycle. If staying outside town like in Corong-Corong the normal fare is P50 but some drivers are not honest they charge tourist more than normal tariff. Do not let them fooled you

Tricycle can be hired as well, talk the price before getting in. Drivers can demand a high price, negotiation is always recommended. Other options to get around is to rent a motorbike, you can get a motorbike for P 700 a day on the frontline. But if you walk to the main street of " Rizal street" you can get it for P500 if you have some bargaining skill

The road in El Nido is well maintained, which is easy to drive with a motorbike. If you have your own wheel you can find your self a secluded beach such as Nacpan Beach and Duli Beach, this beaches are in the northern part of El Nido. If one renting a motorbike maps will be given to you where you find few attractions in the area.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• shavy's Profile Photo

Van from Perto Princesa to El Nido and vice versa

by shavy Updated Feb 7, 2015

Going to El Nido can be annoying and exhausting at least if one willing to pay an expensive flight from Manila straight to El Nido. We flown to Puerto Princesa which is the gateway to El Nido. Flying from Manila to Puerto Princesa it only takes about an hour and fifteen minutes.

During the booking of our accommodation in El Nido, I also request a van transfer from Puerto Princesa and luckily they were able to arrange it for us. We arrived in Palawan on Christmas day, is the busiest day in Palawan many locals spend their holiday season in Palawan especially to El Nido.

We arrived in Puerto Princesa airport, while my partner waiting our luggage to come, I went outside the terminal, looking for the van I book in advance, I thought they will be standing there with our name such as other van/minibus company. Some of the van canvasser trying to get me into their transport but I said I already book one.

My partner is already out the terminal with our luggage, while I still didn't see our van/minibus contact and I did not have patient of waiting, so I ring our hotel in El Nido and let hem know that we are already in Puerto Princesa. And so, they answer just stay where you are I call the van company

It didn't take long we saw someone coming with our names, he said, come with me he took us to a small office just outside the terminal. He said I have a big problem all our vans are gone already to El Nido, many of the locals hired the entire van. He say no worry I'll make sure you get to El Nido today.

So we keep on waiting I don't know where he went, and when he came back he took our luggage to van/minibus waiting area. And he put us to a van which there was passengers waited inside. He apologize for the inconvenience I said to him okay, no worry, we're safe and I just smile even though I was a bit disappointed! but I do understand the situation. Christmas day is pretty busy day, so I'm aware of it to next time

I remember the driver of this van, he tried to get me into his van but I said no we already have a van. (He smiling when he saw me), I said to him well, you got me after all. This is the only van available. The van company I book earlier is all gone. But there are buses as a second option but it'll take so much longer to get to El Nido. By van it only took us 5 hour and 30 minutes while bus it can take to 7-8 hour

The van has no luggage rack, and it suppose a van for 13 passengers, but there were only 9 passengers. He can't take the maximum capacity because he has no luggage rack on the roof. He throw all the luggage inside which is very cramped.

We have the back seat where all the suitcase and the backpack, we can hardly stretch our legs it was a disaster, we were so glad after 2 hour he stops. First he stop at the bank for ATM machine there were passengers requested to withdraw cash before heading to El Nido. He stop twice on the way for bathroom use and for snack bar. We paid 700 peso for the van with hotel drop off. This van belong to "Fort Wally" company

Some part of the road to El Nido is very bumpy, with our experience of setting at the back of the van is not a good idea. So try to have a seat in front where you feel less the bump. That is what we did coming back, we took a seat behind the driver

Coming back from El Nido to Puerto Princesa was not a problem, we book the van from our hotel for 500 peso. Most van coming from El Nido is bigger and more leg space. They used "Lexus van" which is bigger van than one from Puerto Princesa. Town of El Nido has many offices offer a van transfer for 500 peso. The one we have from our hotel it was normally 600 peso but I said to the front desk, why outside offering a van for 500. So, they gave us the outside price

Van from El Nido to Puerto Princesa Van from PPS to El Nido
    • Kayaking

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Banka (outrigger boat) to Coron Coron

by lotharscheer Updated Nov 23, 2014

There is everey day (weather permitting) a Banka to Coron Coron, about 8 hours 1600 Pesos per person, and once per week a boat via Coron Coron to Manila. From Coron Coron there are Bankas to San Jose, Mindoro.

• pres_16's Profile Photo

Ride Eulen Joy Express

by pres_16 Updated Feb 21, 2014

The long road to and from El Nido takes 6 hours travel time. You'll pass on some unpaved roads so just be patient coz happiness awaits you when you arrive at El Nido. Round trip ticket costs P1,200 (as of January 2014).

• Judithdistal's Profile Photo

BOAT EL NIDO - CORON - EL NIDO

by Judithdistal Updated Jul 6, 2012

Montenegro shipping line runs a fast craft between El Nido and Coron. Trip takes 5 hrs. and the boat is air-conditioned. Only their booking office near the pier sells these tickets.

Other OUTRIGGER BOATS do regular trips between El Nido and Coron several days a week. These boats take min. 8 hrs. and are only advisable in good weather and calm sea.

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Going to Palawan

by JaneCajuguiran Written Aug 9, 2011

It has not rained heavily for the past 5 days but that doesn't mean it won't. I would suggest you take a flight 2 or 3 days earlier than your scheduled flight to Aust. There are many advantages to this. Among them is that you can go see other places in Luzon.
    flights get easily cancelled or delayed in Palawan because the planes are small.

• Private Van to El Nido w/ Sabang sidetrip

by marisol8243 Written Jul 22, 2011

As we plan our El Nido trip, we opt to either ride a public van at Fort Wally's for 600/pax or hire a private van. Time flexibility and travel comfort are factors we consider that made us decide to choose the later.

After hours of searching the net we came across Gerald Mosquera’s van for hire at Puerto Princesa. He is a very accommodating guy who always answers every inquiry promptly. Since we are a big group, 35 adults and 11 kids, on a Do-It-Yourself travel, he is a real big help on us. We do inquiry over the phone and email and everything went smoothly. He even assisted us on securing our underground river permit and arranging our buffet lunch. I highly recommend this guy, he’s always on time with our schedule and serves as our driving tourist guide. He’s contact number is 0917-562-2339.

On our way to El Nido, we are so thankful that we choose to hire a private van. Traveling from Puerto Princesa to El Nido by land is like riding a roller coaster for 5 hours. You’ll never know when the zig-zag road, sharp curves and up & down motion will end. Children could have been very dizzy if we opt to ride passenger-compacted public vans.

van for hire going to El Nido 14 seater van

• jc_jamesc's Profile Photo

My shuttle Van for your Palawan transportation

by jc_jamesc Written Aug 3, 2010

Hi Guys, if you need a van or a shuttle service to take you to your destination here in Palawan specially going to El Nido from Puerto Pricesa. Please dont hesitate to text, call(+639186779661) or pm me @ jc_jamesc@yahoo.com. This is Karl the owner and driver of Nissan Urvan Van.

My Van

• gerryexide's Profile Photo

Puerto Princesa to El Nido

by gerryexide Written May 15, 2010

There are two ways to get to El Nido, Palawan. Either you go via PP or straight to ElNido via ITI plane. The latter is an expensive option (for us).
    We took an aircon van from Fort Wally San Jose Terminal for PhP600(one way).This is cheaper because this is already part of our booking with elnidoboutiqueandartcafe. Walk in rate will be much higher by a few hundred pesos.. The trip will take about 5-6 hours with lunch stopover at Roxas. The road conditions are almost 80% ok with rough/dusty road from Roxas all the way to El Nido. But maybe in 2 years time this will all be ok. (as there road construction on going from Roxas to Taytay). There are sea scenery from Roxas.
    We would recommend this mode of transpo if you have plenty of time and wants to maximize your money.. If you want to hire the van privately, you could contact Roy at # +639392526488/+639263950969

• DSwede's Profile Photo

El Nido to/from Coron by boat

by DSwede Updated Jul 21, 2009

I came up to El Nido by jeepney and later flew to Coron/Busuanga. However, the very same day I did that, two of my friends came by the boat (M/V Jessabel) and we all met for a few days.

They said the boat was very rough. The winds made the trip take 10 hours. They said that the seats were not comfortable and had to take clothes out of their bags to sit on and add cushion.

Boat leaves ~5 times week (weather and season depending) and cost is approx 2200 PHP. Most hotels and travel desks in Coron and El Nido will help with bookings.

• Van from Puerto to El Nido w/ Sabang Sidetrip

by yhenex Updated Apr 15, 2009

We hired a van for a return trip Puerto Princesa-El Nido-Puerto and with Side trip to Sabang. The cost was at 14K. He owns a nice Hi-ace van. He is a quite person but what's important is that he can take you to your destination safely.

• Tomas&Carol's Profile Photo

Rent a bike!

by Tomas&Carol Updated Jan 16, 2009

Rent a bike at Pit Stop. You find the shop 20 meters around the corner from Squidos on the street towards the municipal hall / market.
    Arnaud, the friendly French, has about 10 well maintained (!) motorbikes, 125 and 200 ccm Hondas. Ask him for sightseeing tips, visit outlaying villages, beaches or simply get motorized for your stay. You can rent a Pajero for a one-way trip to Puerto Princessa or a jeep for a rougher tour.
    Bike rental was 700 / day; you may get a nice discount, if you take the bike for two weeks or so, just ask. This is particularly interesting, if you intent to stay outside El Nido, e.g. at Islandfront in Corong-corong and want to be mobile.

Dulai, the cleanest beach, 25 km north washed out road in front of an army detachment bridges are sometimes tricky planting rice, egrets feast on fresh field

Instant Answers: El Nido

Comments

El Nido Transportation

Reviews and photos of El Nido transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for El Nido sightseeing.