Bagong Silang Travel Guide

Bagong Silang Favorites

• Very busy but I liked it!!!!

by dudders53 Written Feb 23, 2012

Favorite thing: I went to Bagong Silang in September 2011 and will be returning in May 2012. I went because I met a woman on the internet she lived with her family in Bagong Silang.
    Bagong Silang is in the North of Metro Manila, it is part of Caloocan North.
    I stayed with her family in her home because there were very few hotels in Bagong Silang.
    I arrived in Manila late evening so the journey to Bagong Silang was about 40 minutes maybe a bit more. In the daytime the journey is much longer, it can take 3 hours or more!!!
    I travelled by taxi which was reasonably priced.
    I have to say that Bagong Silang has very few foreign visitors, there are no tourist attractions.
    The place I stayed in was a family home, there were many , many people living in homes crammed into the locality. I have to say the friendliness of the people there was overwhelming. On the day I left about 30 children walked with me to the taxi to wave me goodbye. There were markets and a mall realatively close by and it was an amazing cultural; experience being in Bagong Silang. The family i was with were very protective when we left the immediate surroundings of there home, I think they were concerned that maybe I would be mugged. During the week I was there I only saw one other westerner. he wasan Irishman married to a local filipina and I have to say he sounded very happy and contented with life!

Fondest memory: The absolute friendliness of everyone I met, they were truely amazing people! It was an honour to spend time with them.
    We did travel to some of the tourist attractions in Manila but it takes long time to get to them because of the traffic jams!
    There is the amusement park of Star City, the beautiful aquarium at Ocean Park, the beautiful sunset over Manila Bay!
    I felt safe in Manila becuase of the family I was with and there friends but I wouldnt have been so confident travelling without a filipina guide!

• Singles