Bagong Silang Travel Guide

family home

Bagong Silang Favorites

• Johnnyd53's Profile Photo

by Johnnyd53 Written Jan 5, 2012

Favorite thing: I visited Bagong Silang in October 2011, my wife and her family live there.
    It is in Caloocan North, at the far north of Metro Manila.
    My flight arrived late in the evening and the journey by car to Bagong Silang was straightforward, there was very little traffic. But in the daytime it is very very different!!!!It took nearly 3 hours to reach the airport!!!!
    My wife and her family live in an area which is very crowded, there is much poverty. My Wife insisted that I go put only with her and her family. they worried about me a lot thinking bad things could happen.I have to say I found the people to be amazingly friendly but there is always that risk in a poverty hit area that bad things can happen!
    I did see a few hotels dotted around but not many and the quality of them looked very basic.
    There are numerous markets and shops, the markets selling amazing produce!
    Be very careful with taxis anywhere in Manila, I was lucky because my wifes family had transport arranged so we were able to travel to other areas of Manila without problems,
    Bagong Silang is a great cultural experience but dont expect any luxury!!!

Fondest memory: The friendliness of the people I stayed with and near was remarkable! When I left there must have been20 or more children waving me goodbye!! They had all appeared fro the neghbours homes!!!!

My wife and I at home! the family home in Bagong Silang family home family outing rizel park
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Bagong Silang

Comments

Bagong Silang Travel Guide
Map of Bagong Silang