Lucban Warnings and Dangers

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Take It Easy Going Up to Statue of Jesus

by freddie18 Written Aug 18, 2007

Steep Steps at Hands of Jesus

People especially local tourists started to flock to this pilgrimage and make their way to climb the 292 steps. Yes, you can do this, but a piece of advice. Take it easy going up the steps especially during the hot or warm season. Take your time and bring drinking water.

During my latest visit, I have witnessed a couple of visitors who faint due to the hot weather and tiredness when they reached the top. The mountain steps are steep that you need rest at some point.

Take care of yourself. If you feel dizzy, stop and take a rest. You will find NO First Aid Kit.

• Religious Travel

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

Traffic

by Tijavi Written May 18, 2005

Try to avoid getting stuck on the road

Although Lucban is quaint rural community, the same does not hold true during the Pahiyas Festival when the town's population swells to who-knows-how-many thousands more.

Coupled with Lucban's narrow roads and the simultaneous fiestas in four other nearby towns, you get a perfect recipe for getting stuck on the road for hours and hours.

Tips:
    1) If you're using private or rented vehicle, take the alternate route from Metro Manila via Antipolo, through the hills to several Laguna towns (Paete, Pagsanjan, etc.) and finally to Lucban. The bonus is you pass through some of the most scenic roads in Laguna province, offering great vistas of Laguna de Bay (the largest fresh/brackish water lake in the country) and hills that form part of Mt. Banahaw. Also, if you have time, stop by some of towns in Laguna for sightseeing (Pagsanjan, famous for its falls) and shopping (Lumban for its intricately embroidered local fabrics and Paete for the wood carvings).
    2) If you have no choice but to take public transportation, i.e. public buses to Lucena City from Manila, leave Metro Manila a day earlier and spend the night either in Lucban itself or in Lucena City. There are decent lodging options in both towns, although there should be more in Lucena City.

• Religious Travel

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Cutting Trip of Tricycle Drivers

by cyndymc Updated May 15, 2009

We hailed a tricycle to go back to the highway near Southern Luzon Polytechnic University (SLPU)where we parked our car. I instinctively asked the driver if he could bring us exactly where we wanted to go. He said he'll probably just drop us off at the bridge if there was still heavy traffic due to the parade. I said the parade was over, and that my husband joined it so he knew it was finished. The driver mumbled something I couldn't comprehend; I was about to ask him what he said, but my husband motioned for me to ignore him. Feeling tired, I wasn't very "cool" with the rudeness of the tricycle driver, so I approached a traffic policeman and asked if tricycles couldn't really bring us to the SLPU. He summoned the driver, talked to him, and asked us to ride, assuring us that we will be brought to SLPU. But my husband didn't want to anymore. We both thought he might let us ride because he was admonished by the traffic police, but he might just drop us elsewhere when the policeman was no longer in sight. We decided to hail another tricycle. We talked to the driver; he assured us he would bring us to SLPU no matter what...and he did.

• sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

Know the last trip schedule of Jeepneys!

by sweet_sentiments Written Feb 12, 2004
    jeepney

From Sta. Cruz Laguna you'll need to ride a jeep to go to Lucban, Quezon. We were told that we have to reach the jeepney station before the last trip or else we would end up sleeping on the streets. The trip from Sta. Cruz to Lucban, Quezon is 4 hours (as far as I can remember).

Instant Answers: Lucban

Comments

Lucban Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Lucban warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lucban sightseeing.