Alabang Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Alabang

Just Thai: Carefully researched Authentic Thai Cuisine

by nixca316 Written Jul 2, 2014

Thai Food is one of my favorite cuisines. Most of the dishes have chili in them and chili has many healing benefits, most especially for diabetics like me.

JUST THAI is located in Molito Lifestyle, a park like dining district just across Alabang Town Center in Madrigal Avenue. The size of the place is just right for cozy gatherings with your family and friends. The place also has a romantic air that makes it conducive for dates and engagements. The servers are friendly and the food is very delicious.

Thailand is also one of my favorite Asian countries and I have many fond memories there. I have walked the streets of Bangkok and I've experienced horrendous traffic even worse than Manila. I've experienced being massaged in Phuket and I've been to her awesome beaches. I've also gone to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, et cetera, et cetera. The cuisine is really fabulous that I keep looking for it here in the Philippines. I have favorites already and I am adding Just Thai to my list.

I am not knew to Just Thai food. I get to taste their food in our bazaars and before going to this branch, I have ordered take out. The taste of their food is authentic. It is obvious that they have carefully studied, tried and tested their dishes before they served them.

It's a pity I couldn't go to their restaurant everyday, but if I could, I would.

If you haven't been there, whether you love Thai food or not, please drop by. It's just beside that fabulous dessert place called Sweet Bella. I assure you that you would have an authentic Thai cuisine experience that is not too heavy on the pockets(Affordable, not cheap).

Molito Lifestyle Center, Alabang +632 808-4058

email: justthai@molito.com.ph

Facebook Page
    Their menu

Favorite Dish:

Tod Mun Pla | ทอดมันปลา-one my "benchmarks" when I visit a Thai restaurant is to check if their fish cakes are any good. This dish passes with flying colors. The batter and the sauce are a great combination.

Thai Fried Chicken- my seven-year-old nephew loves this

Crab Meat Fried Rice- delicious and can be shared

Squid in Garlic and Pepper Sauce(Bplah Pla Muek Kratiem)- The squid is tender and easy to bite. The sauce is delicious.

Tha Kho- Coconut pudding with corn(similar to maja blanca or maja mais) wrapped in pandan leaves. It's a layered delightful dessert.

Melo's -Westgate: Scrumptious food, romantic ambiance, & gr8 service

by nixca316 Updated Jul 1, 2014

The Entrance

We've been fans of Melo's since the late 1980's. I fondly remember the joint celebrations of my uncle and auntie in October...the mouthwatering beef and other delectable delights were favorites during the last of my teen-aged years. From Pasay Road, to P. Guevara, and Greenbelt (If I remember it correctly, Melo's Greenbelt was somewhere near where Starbucks Greenbelt I is), we loved our visits to Melo's.

It's sad that I don't have digitized pictures of the first years and the more recent ones are with my friends(please send me copies). The others are in my files(something's wrong with the external drive, I'm still trying fix it...I was able to save a lot of pictures from different folders already).

Anyways, I'm not here to talk about blasts from the past, but this branch at Westgate.

This branch has a romantic setting and perfect lighting. It's a place where one could plan the perfect proposal or celebrate one's anniversary.

Mom celebrated her 70 something year and we enjoyed everything.

They even sang for her and gave her a chocolate cake with a lit candle to blow. The very, very delicious moist cake with a butterfly design was from Sweet Bella Cakes and Pastries, owned and managed by Melo's eldest daughter, Tintin(Cristina Santiago Rivera), who is also one of the managers of the restaurant chain.

This branch, by the way, is managed and operated by Paul and Caron Macasaet. Caron(Ma. Carolina Santiago Macasaet) is also one of Melo's four daughters and was a playmate of mine, but we haven't seen each other since the 80's and Melo's was not even existing yet. If not for FB, I would just wonder how she is. I am very glad that she's doing a great job in all her businesses.

All four Santiago sisters(Cristina, Carmina, Carolina and Camille) and son, JG, are making their father proud in handling the ins and outs of their businesses.

Melo's-Home of Certified Angus Beef and Wagyu FB Page

Favorite Dish: I think I can surely say that they have the best beefs in town. The way they cook them, prepare them, all the ingredients, and the love they put into it, would surely make the best steaks in this neck of the woods...the foie gras is to die for!

The seafood is also cooked with the same love and effort, making them very, very "juicy".

Sweet Bella creations (the desserts) shouldn't be missed.

and The Waldorf Salad with Duck Breasts is divine.

I'm so happy that they published the recipe so here it is:

Waldorf Salad with Duck Breast

This recipe makes enough for one large serving or two small servings. For a larger serving, increase the amount of ingredients proportionately.

1 duck breast (or substitute chicken breast)
    1-2 tbsp cooking oil
    50 g mixed lettuce (assorted lettuce leaves such as romaine, bibb, etc.)
    2 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts

For the cranberry salad dressing: Makes about 1 cup
    1c canned cranberry sauce (see note)*
    1c water
    1 tbsp sugar

Pan fry duck breast in oil then slice thinly into serving pieces. Arrange lettuce leaves in a salad bowl. Spread duck breast over lettuce. Scatter the walnuts, raisins and apples over lettuce. Add mayonnaise and toss to coat the ingredients.

Drizzle with cranberry dressing. Serve with grilled lamb chops or with steak.

To make cranberry salad dressing: Combine cranberry sauce, water and sugar in a saucepan. Heat while stirring, until cranberry liquefies and mixture is smooth. Drizzle as much as desired over the salad. Store any leftover dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator.

Note: For its cranberry salad dressing, Melo's uses bottled cranberry sauce. However, this may not always be available. You can use the canned jellied cranberry sauce available at supermarkets and follow the recipe above to make the cranberry dressing.

• Luxury Travel

• The Sapphire Lounge - Westgate: Top Notch Food

by Expatinalabang Written Mar 2, 2014

The Sapphire Lounge is a modern bar and restaurant. The varied menu serves everything from high quality bar food, to Australian steaks and US scallops. I have been here a number of times already, and regardless whether I have ordered from the more comfort food side or from high more fine dining dishes, the food and service have been top quality. The drinks are also of a very high standard, but I will tell you more about them in the bar section!

Favorite Dish: The variety on the menu makes it difficult to choose a favorite dish so I will divide it into bar food and the more fine dining options. For the bar food, the all day breakfast is the best I have had in the Philippines, clearly only high class sausages and bacon are used. For a lazy Sunday when I don't want to cook at home, the cottage pie fits the bill. This contains a large quantity of ground beef, topped with creamy mashed potatoes and cheese. Other bar items that hit the spot include the sausage sampler as well as the buffalo wings. One warning here, these do have a kick, just the was I like them!

From the fine dining side, the scallops are a fine starter. Rich, juicy scallops are served on a creamy truffled risotto. For the main course you cant go wrong with the Australian Angus tenderloin. Having spoken to the staff, they told me this is wet aged in transport and not frozen, hence the depth of flavor. My other favorite is the Occo Bucco, which is a Australian lamb shank, that literally falls off the bone.

Desserts are never my most important past to a meal, but both the home made creme brulee and apple crumble are worth a try!

Crimson Hotel's Cafe 8: Great ambience, food and service

by nixca316 Updated Feb 17, 2014

Crimson Hotel FB Page
    Their Twitter account

I wonder if we just entered during a good evening, but everyone was pleasant that night. From the receptionists, to the service crew and even the other diners, everyone seemed cheerful.

There are tables with great views and probably good for proposals of any kind.

The food selections are great too. They don't stick to one theme, so allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised.

If you don't like to eat much, then you can always order a la carte.

MODE OF PAYMENT
    Cash and major credit cards

BUSINESS HOURS:

6AM TO 11PM

Tempura Japanese Grill: Yummmmmmmmy Japanese Food

by nixca316 Updated Feb 9, 2014

Gyuniku Teriyaki

True value for money, that's what TEMPURA offers. They also make you feel like a VIP during your birthday. Not only do you get free ice cream, they will sing to you (a beautifully blended Happy Birthday song...I mean it...they really SING well) and you can even request a song of your choice.

The food? Mouthwatering.

They give also serve free Japanese green tea or rice tea (whatever is available)

All major credit cards are accepted

Seating Capacity: 150 pax

On weekdays the service is superb. On weekends they sometimes mix-up who should be served first...

This is the PUBLIC description of this restaurant (included in their corporate profile):
    Tempura Japanese Grill Restaurant, is born out of the owner’s passion for great food, best service and competitive price. A casual fine dining restaurant offering authentic Japanese foods in a modern Zen concept with its colorful and cushioned furniture and design that surely attracts customers from all walks of life. It offers a wide variety of Japanese foods and offers a very high technology Yakiniku table, a japan made, equipped with grilling and built in exhaust where you can cook your choice of meat ( US beef, chicken, squid and shrimp ) right at your own table less the smoke and odor. Tempura offers a “ real value for your money” by offering items that’s very affordable and continue with it’s policy of NO Service Charge on all of its branches.

Visit their FB Page:

Yakiniku

Any of their Bento Boxes

Ramen Burger

Green Tea Ice Cream

Everything except those with prawns or shrimps (only because I'm allergic to them)

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Gerry's Grill Alabang Town Center: Seafood, Grill,Filipino & other Asian Delights

by nixca316 Updated Feb 9, 2014

Adobo Flakes

Gerry's Grill is a fun place to hang out with your friends. The lighting is kind of dim (but if you're looking for a romantic place where you can propose to your loved one, this is NOT the place, but if you are creative enough, this would do) and the the service is great.

This restaurant offers catering service

For delivery service, call +63(2) 421-1111 (for all branches)

Credit cards accepted: All major credit cards

Favorite Dish: Grilled Squid, pancit bihon (w/o shrimps because we're allergic to them), grilled blue marlin, the scallops, the mussels etcetera, etcetera

• Beer Tasting

Yabu: The House of Katsu

by nixca316 Updated Dec 27, 2013

Menu cover

Crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside is the trademark of all Yabu: The House of Katsu branches.

This is a family Japanese restaurant that specializes on almost anything breaded and this particular branch is, for me, the most pleasing to the eyes and senses.

The servers are very welcoming and helpful. The food is delicious.

Visit their Facebook Page and Website for more details.

Major Credit Cards are accepted

Open:
    11:00 am - 9:00 pm (Mondays to Thursdays)
    11:00 am - 10:00 pm (Fridays)
    10:00 am - 10:00 pm (Saturday to Sundays)

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Seoul Koreana: Authentic Korean Grill and Restaurant

by machomikemd Updated Nov 7, 2013

You cannot deny the large korean presecence in the Philippines as there are now many korean restaurants sprouting up around the metropolis as huge number of south korean expatriates and tourists are going to the Philippines and this restaurant's seal of authenticity is that half of the diners of this Korean Grill and Restaurant are South Koreans and is owned by a south korean expatriate. you cannot get as authentic as that. this Restaurant is located at the West Gate Area of Alabang and is always packed with diners who love their charcoal type of korean grilling various korean meats and seafood plus assorted korean noodle, soup and meat dishes.

opens: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday

Favorite Dish: they have ala carte meals and lots of korean grilled specialties which you can grill at their charcoal griller in the middle of your table, plus they give you assorted kimchi and you can get the korean rice wine, soju and the famous south korean ice cream brand, melowna.

grilled meat dishes starts at 300 to 600 pesos, depending on the meat cuts and the quantity and seafoods at 400 to 800 pesos, again depending on the quantity.

the only drawback is that they don't have my favorite south korean beers like Hite, Cass or OB.

• Beer Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Yakimix: Korean-Japanese Buffet

by machomikemd Written Nov 7, 2013

Yakimix is an emerging popular Fusion of Grilled Japanese and Korean Specialties and more. They have several Branches along the Metro Manila area (and this is their branch at the Alabang Town Center) and the Wait Line here during lunch and dinner will be about an hour! The place is that popular due to the reasonable price of their Buffets. The owners have another Buffet Concept called the Buffet 101 (more of the international Buffet Kind) at the Mall of Asia in Pasay City. Yakimix offers assorted Japanese and Korean goodies that can be grilled at the smokeless grill located at your table or you can partake of the set dishes at the assorted buffet table and they offer assorted Kimchis, Sushi, Sashimi, Fried Rice and Soups. The assorted meats and seafoods and the assorted sauces and grilling bastes are endless and are from sweet to sour to spicy to salty. No wonder that these Buffett Resto is tops!

the Price of a Lunch and Dinner Buffet here is 680 pesos and you add 80 pesos for unlimited drinks.

opens: 11:00AM-3:00PM, 5:30-11:00PM everyday

Favorite Dish: assorted japanese and korean goodies like samgyeopsal, sushi, maki, yakitori, bulgogi, yakitori Japchae, plus chinese dimsums and more.

P.F. Chang's- Alabang Town Center: USA's famous China Bistro is in TOWN

by nixca316 Updated Jun 23, 2013
    Oolong Marinated Chilean Sea Bass

Before this branch was opened, we saw the staff being trained and prepared from afar. I think I even witnessed the dry-run. I took note of things and wondered if the training did sink in their minds.

I must say it did because the staff are evidently well-trained. They are courteous and very efficient. The service is personalized and you will feel "at home". (My favorite among them is Ynes)

You can tell them about your allergies and they will customize the food for you.

The architecture and interior design of the place are stupendous.

The ambiance? Great!

I know that in the States it promotes "affordable class", but let's face it. Here, occasionally, the lower middle class can dine in, but this is more for the upper middle class and the top brasses. (In my opinion)

Major credit cards are accepted

Favorite Dish: The lettuce wraps are oh so yummy. So are the noodles, the veggies(including the mushrooms), and the dumplings. We also love the delicious designer desserts.

The Oolong Marinated Chilean Sea Bass is worth the wait and worth the price. From the sauce, to the veggies, to the fish, all I can say is Ooh la la!

Check the their FB Page: PF Chang's, Philippines

Check their "mother ship": GRCI

Kenji Tei Ramen House, ATC: Authentic Ramen and more

by nixca316 Updated Dec 18, 2012

私の両親

This branch used to be in BF Homes. It was just a small Ramen House, but it was very popular in the area because of its AUTHENTIC taste/flavor and noodles.

Since most of their clients frequent Alabang Town Center anyways, they moved to the cinema complex, where there is almost always heavy foot traffic.

The interior design is very pleasing to the eyes and their service is superb.

The food is very, very delicious too!

Mall hours
    All major credit cards and cash are accepted

California Maki
    Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
    Cheese Gyoza---this is a must try!

The different Ramens most especially:

Shoyu
    Miso Butter Corn
    Chasu Miso

The noodles have a "perfect bite" and the soups seasoning and flavoring are just right. My dad says, compared to one of Ramen places in Metro Manila, it's much, much better. The other Ramen place serves super salty ones.

Wee Nam Kee: Hainanese Chicken Rice and so much more

by nixca316 Written Dec 18, 2012
    Chinese Style Beef Tenderloin(Yummy!)

I've been to other branches, but it was the first time mom and I tried dining at this branch.

The first thing I've noticed was the alertness of the servers. True, some of them weren't aware of our allergies, but I was impressed when the others served us soup while waiting.

Usually, we could equate that to lack of coordination, but considering we only have informed a couple, the servers who served the soup where quick to respond to the "needs" of their clients. The people whom we informed were also there in a flash to stop them.

The place is clean, simple and perfect for casual dining.

The food is GREAT!

RESTAURANT HOURS
    Sunday to Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
    Friday and Saturday: 10:00am - 10:00pm

They accept cash and major credit cards

Abe, Alabang Town Center: LJC's Legacy

by nixca316 Updated Nov 13, 2012

What I love about LJC Restaurants is the fact that they give back to the community or help charitable institutions.

True, it is not entirely selfless because you have to buy certain products so that they could help more, but beyond that, without the cameras and the newspaper headlines, they go out of their way to make people happy.

Abe, heartily dedicated to the man the late Larry J. Cruz looked up to...his father...is one of those restaurants that give back to the community/society.

THE FEEL OF THE PLACE

You cannot miss this place. Since it's in the Lifestyle Strip, people will surely notice it.

It's a bit intimidating, but maybe not as much as PF Chang's, but still...

Anyways, that's on the outside.

Inside, the place is nice and inviting.

Everything is about Abe: His exploits, his favorite dishes and everything else about him.

THE FOOD AND THE DRINKS

Served here are mostly Pampangueño delights and some fusion dishes. The drinks are refreshing too. Probably it's because of the many years of the LJC group in the restaurant industry.

Operating Hours:
    Monday to Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm

Cash and Major Credit Cards are accepted

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Acaci Café (Acacia Hotel, Manila): Buffet(am nn pm) and a la carte :)

by nixca316 Updated Oct 16, 2012

Located in the South of Manila, Acacia Hotel, is slowly becoming one of the most happening places in the area.

It's their anniversary month and they give freebies to the October celebrators until the end of the month.

Later this year, there will be another dining area, but right now, they do have the Lobby and the Acaci Café.

This place is usually known for their fantabulous buffets.

There is enough elbow room and the servers are very, very courteous.

People are raving about the selections and the freshness of the products. The taste and presentation are very, very competitive.

Here are some thoughts of their "happy campers" :

ACACIA HOTEL: BUFFET AT ACACI

DENCIO.COM:Acaci Café is the Newest and Hottest Buffet In Alabang!

Acaci: The Newest Buffet Dining Spot in the South

Mode of payment:

Cash and Major Credit Cards

BREAKFAST BUFFET

LUNCH BUFFET

DINNER BUFFET

• Luxury Travel

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Tony Roma's: Savory, Succulent...wow!

by nixca316 Updated Oct 12, 2012

I have first tasted Tony Roma's ribs and steaks at the Universal Studios, Hollywood. I was so happy that they now have two branches in the Philippines. One at Glorietta 4, Ayala Center Makati City and at Alabang Town Center.

Alabang

Store Info:
    2044-2045 2nd Floor Expansion Wing Ayala Alabang Town Center
    Muntinlupa City
    P. (63 2) 771 1388
    F. (63 2) 771 1788
    Official Website

Hours of Operation:

Sunday to Thursday: 11.00am to 10.00pm (Last order: 9.30pm)
    Friday to Saturday: 11.00am to 11.00pm (Last order: 10.30pm)

Email Tony Roma's Alabang

Ribs.Seafood.Steak.

Mouthwatering and delicious!

They have pasta too!

Visa/Mastercard accepted.

HongKong Shanghai Bank credit card owners/users have a special discount

Instant Answers: Alabang

Comments

Alabang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alabang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alabang sightseeing.