Alabang Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Alabang

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Las Paellas Cafe': Craving For Paella?

by cyndymc Updated Apr 14, 2011
    Paella Valenciana

Las Paellas Cafe as the name implies, specializes in paella, a Spanish dish. They offer 3 kinds of paellas: Paella Valenciana, Paella Marinara and Paella Negra. Aside from this, they offer other Spanish, Filipino and Asian favorite dishes. Their all-day breakfast meals and thick, creamy Spanish Chocolate are popular with regular customers.

Las Paellas Cafe is not an intimidating Spanish restaurant. I like the cozy ambience and simple, uncluttered interior with Spanish motif decors.

My only displeasure was when we were ordering our drinks and the waiter turned his back on us without excusing himself when a diner called his attention on something. I was already beginning to get impatient and angry when he returned to the bar but forgot to return to us. Hubby called him and asked if he got our orders for drinks. He said he has not, and I said. "because you turned your back on us to go to another diner without excusing yourself." And still, he didn't apologize for his behavior! If only hubby didn't have a craving for paella that day, we would have left and transferred to another restaurant... My displeasure fizzled out when I noticed he was the only waiter in the cafe'. How could this cafe have only one waiter attending to all the tasks of getting orders, serving orders, taking the bill, serving the bill, serving water, following up orders, etc. I asked him if he was the only waiter; he said there is another one, but he was helping in the kitchen that time. We gave him allowance for his (mis)behavior, afterall, he was only human with limitations.

When the other diners left, we were given more attention and faster service, but I hope management will realize the negative effect of having only one waiter with so many hungry customers to serve during peak hours.

Really yummy foods! Priced reasonably, considering the volume of serving per order ;))

Favorite Dish: I like their Paella Valenciana, Calamares, Caesar's salad and oysters Rockefeller.

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Sai-bachi Festival Super Mall: Affordable Japanese Food

by nixca316 Written Mar 19, 2011

Gyoza on rice noodles (soup)

The place is sort of like a fast food, but the food is delicious and very, very affordable. You can find it beside Save More Supermarket at the ground floor. It is seldom that you would find it empty, most especially on lunch time because office workers love it here.

I think it's NOT the least expensive in Alabang, but it is one of the most affordable Japanese Restaurants in town.

Favorite Dish: The sushi and the soups! As far as I am concerned the taste is authentic Japanese, the price is lower, but not the quality. I think they are not raising the price because they have no problem with turnover... :)

Food is made fresh everyday and they don't serve spoiled food. :)

• Disabilities

• Aussie Cafe and Restaurant: A taste of Australia in the Philippines

by thescene Updated Jan 10, 2011

The Aussie Cafe and Restaurant is located near the South Supermarket in Filinvest Corporate City. Once you enter the staff will greet you warmly. The first thing you notice is the nice interior of the restaurant. The restaurant serves up a selection of steaks and grilled meats which you can try. For a change I tried out their Bondi Fish and Chips and a Victoria Bitter beer. The order took a while to arrive but I reckon it was because they were preparing it from scratch. Once it did arrive the food was a good treat with thick cut chips as well as the deep fried fish. It's not the best Fish and Chips I have ever tried but I guess it will do. The restaurant also offers a good plate of ribs which you can try.

Favorite Dish: Bondi Fish and Chips
    Ribs

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Wendy's Hamburgers: Big Burgers, Freshest Salads & More!

by cyndymc Updated Sep 22, 2010
    Wendy's Hamburger Festival Branch

The Wendy's Hamburgers Branch in Festival Supermall is quite small, but some tables and chairs are set outside to accommodate more people. Service is fast and efficient; the crew's welcome greeting to all diners seem sincere and spontaneous, unlike the routinized (robot-like) spiel of other burger fastfood crew.

Favorite Dish: Hubby likes the Big Classic Double with Cheese, but it is too heavy for me, with the full half-pound of juicy beef loaded with American cheese and the works. I like their Chicken Caesar Salad (with really fresh and crispy lettuce, and crunchy but easy to bite croutons). Alternatively, I usually order their Baked Potatoes.

Yellow Cab: NY Pizza!

by cyndymc Updated Sep 22, 2010
    New York's Finest

Yellow Cab Festival Branch has the same interior motif and menu as other Yellow Cab outlets. However, service is quite slow at Festival Supermall. One time, the service crew also forgot to give us the dressing for the Caesar Salad, and when we asked for it, it took them a long time to give us the Caesar dressing. If not for a craving for their NY pizza and baked potatoes, we woudln't go to this branch.

Favorite Dish: We usually get New York's Finest Pizza which is loaded with Italian sausages, ham, pepperoni, bacon, ground beef, black olives, mushroom, onions, red and green bell peppers. Sometimes, we order the 4 Seasons Pizza. We always get an order of Twice Baked Potato Halves. I like their oven-baked potato halves with cheese & bacon topped with sourcream & cheese.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Mongolian Quick-Stop: Craving for Mongolian BBQ?

by cyndymc Updated Jul 30, 2010
    Szechuan Beef

After watching movies, we usually have late lunch or heavy snacks at Sbarro, but one time that the line was so long, we saw Mongolian Quick-Stop just beside it so we thought we'd give it a try. Their menu board includes freshly-cooked and healthy mix of meat, seafood and fresh vegetables. Diners at Mongolian Quick-Stop can choose their desired fresh vegetables, opt for rice or noodles, choose meat toppings and desired sauce (regular/ spicy/sweet and spicy).

Depending on your appetite, you can opt for the Mongolian Eat-all-you-can (P285) , or the Mongolian Single Bowl (P145), or the Mongolian Quickbox (P80). There is also the vegetarian's choice, Green and Light Mongolian (P95).

For the beef lover, the menu also includes the beef souper noodles, glazed beef, beef bowl, teriyaki beef, Szechuan beef, and garlic beef. Seafood lovers also have several options: seafood souper noodles, seafood bowl, squid teriyaki, tuna teriyaki, Szechuan squid, and Szechuan shrimp. Hot soup is free with meals.

The restaurant is clean but quite cramped, with tables and chairs too close to each other. Hubby complained about the table design; the table moved whenever he moved his long legs.

Favorite Dish: We can't claim to have a particular dish as favorite. The food wasn't bad, but could have been better. Hubby ordered Szechuan beef. He liked it, but he would have liked it more if the dish was not so spicy. I ordered the Mongolian Quickbox with regular sauce. Well, not bad, except that the sauce was a bit salty for me. Perhaps I should have opted for their sweet and spicy sauce.

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Best Coffee Blends & Yummy Cakes

by cyndymc Updated Jun 20, 2010
    Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Alabang Branch

Although small, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Alabang Branch is a cozy place to while away your time for good family and/or friendly chats over delicious coffee cakes and hot or iced coofee blends. It's got wifi connection, too;-)

Because of its growing number of patrons, Coffee Beanery has put up more tables outside of the coffee shop to cater to those who smoke and those who prefer having their coffee al fresco.

Favorite Dish: blueberry cheesecake

North Park: Fusion of Chinese and Filipino Comfort Foods

by cyndymc Updated Feb 28, 2010
    North Park Dumpling

North Park is a simple-looking restaurant, yet many people patiently line up to make reservations for their table. Perhaps like my family, the other diners go for North Park's famous Chinoy dishes (Cantonese cuisine uniquely concocted to suit Pinoy tastes). The menu contains all-time favorites "perfected over time" and served in big, value-for-money portions.

Favorite Dish: Their dumplings are super delicious! Topping my list of personal favorite dishes is their Lechon Macau (tender on the inside; crispy on the outside; goes wth delicious sauce),. I also like their 4 Mushrooms with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce, Beancurd Skin With Broccoli, Salt & Peppered Chicken/ Squid, etc

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Tony Roma's: Yummy Ribs, Steaks & Seafoods!

by cyndymc Written Jan 2, 2010
    My Favorite Sta. Fe Salad

Tony Roma's, an American family restaurant chain world famous for its signature rib products, has simple but cozy interior decoration and a quiet, clean ambience. Tony Roma's also serves a wide variety of flame-grilled specialties like sizzling steaks, classic barbecued chicken, succulent fresh seafood and all time American favorites like salads and hamburgers, baked potato soup, unique onion loaf, and potato skins. It is therefore a place not only for meat lovers but for vegetarians as well.

Favorite Dish: Our family loves TonyRoma's Sta. Fe Salad, onion loaf, baked potato soup, and spicy ribs.

Terriyaki Boy: Fancy Japanese Food At Reasonable Prices

by cyndymc Updated Nov 27, 2009
    Ebi Tempura Bento

Terriyaki Boy branch in Festival Mall, Alabang has the usual "clean look" of a Japanese restaurant. We like the food served at Terriyaki Boy so we usually go to a branch wherever we go. It's been a while since we went to its branch in Festival Mall, though. Reason? While hubby and I enjoyed our food , we saw a waiter come out of the kitchen. Then, a piece of Ebi Tempura fell on the floor and he picked it up and returned it on the serving plate. We told our waitress (and also the restaurant supervisor on our way out) about what we saw. Since then, we tried to curb our urge to eat at their place.

One evening after a good movie, my daughter had a craving for Terriyaki Boy's makis and bentos, so we went there, hoping that all the foods served to us would all be clean (nothing picked from the floor). Alas, the problem was not in the food but the poor, slow service...and they forgot all about our order for Crazy Cali Roll (I went crazy debating that we ordered it). After some time, the waiter found out that the cook indeed thought he had prepared all our orders;-( It also took a long time for them to give us our bill, and after we've paid, it also took a very long to give us the receipt and change. I didn't see any supervisor around. Perhaps, that's why the staff weren't as efficient as before. It's a pity that the staff don't realize what bad customer service could mean to their business.

Favorite Dish: Futo Maki, Philadelphia Roll, Asparragus Bacon, Ebi Tempura

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Old Swiss Inn: classic Swiss Specialties and More

by machomikemd Written Nov 16, 2009

dine

this swiss style restaurant goes a long way and started in 1946 by a swiss national in manila and now have 4 branches. and here at their branch in Alabang in the BMW Showroom , is a 24-hour restaurant that has long been a favorite of yuppies and executives, isn’t just a place for business meetings, conferences and power lunches. Ever since it installed free wireless Internet, the restaurant has had a steady stream of students coming in to read their notes over coffee and fondue, along with nervous young couples on their first date.

Favorite Dish: Fondue Bourguignonne at 900 pesos. The beef cubes are served raw; you have to spear it on your fondue fork and dip it in boiling oil for a few seconds before you can fish it out, glistening in its natural juices, in order to dip it in your favorite sauces (which include pepper, mushroom, tomato concasse, herbed butter and mayonnaise dips flavored with paprika, garlic, curry, mustard, and marmalade). My other favorite is the swiss corned beef which are corned beef sliced rib eye of beef with saurkraut and rice at 425 pesos. Other signature dishes of the Old Swiss Inn include the Raclette (P700), a double serving of melted Swiss Raclette served with marble potatoes, gherkins and pearl onions; fresh corned beef brisket served with sautéed cabbage and boiled potatoes (P350), Zurich Geschnetzeltes (P310), shredded pork with mushroom cream sauce and potatoes; Pepper Steak Swiss Inn (P450), prime beef tenderloin served with green peppercorn sauce; and Bunderteller (P495), a selection of air-dried meat specialties such as prosciutto, dried beef, salami, smoked bacon and Landjaegger sausage.

Opens from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm today. Su, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
    Su, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm

• Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Racks: Tender Baby Back Ribs & More!

by cyndymc Written Sep 18, 2009
    Racks Sampler: Beef, Pork Tenderloin, Baby Ribs

Racks is known for its tender and tasty grilled meats, but it also serves pasta, sandwiches and salad. Racks has couches which my family prefer for comfortable dining and intimate chats over good food, but it also has detached tables and chairs for twosome, foursome or more. The last time we went there, a long table was set for a group of senior citizens who came for lunch and meeting.

Favorite Dish: Racks Sampler, Carbonara, Grilled Baby Back Ribs, Grilled Tenderloin

Fish and Co.: Where Seafood Lovers Get Hooked

by cyndymc Updated Sep 18, 2009

Fish & Co.

I like the ambience of Fish & Co. Alabang Branch because it is so clean, cool (air-con efficient), and though it specializes in seafood, it doesn't have a "fishy" smell. Service is fast and efficient.

Favorite Dish: Calamares
    Fish & Chips
    Baked Oysters

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Italianni's: Italian Food & More!

by cyndymc Updated Jul 15, 2009

Inside Italianni's

One night, my daughter felt so burned out from work, so we had a food trip. First, we had dinner at Itallianni's at Corte delas Palmas. Italianni's has always satisfied our gustatory cravings, as their food is really superb. Interior decor and plating are impressive, service is personalized and efficient, and the ambience of the restaurant is cozy. They give free foccacia bread and prepare the olive oil with balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning for you, so you have something to munch on while waiting for your order.

Favorite Dish: Sicilian Salad, Stuffed Mushrooms, and Mangiano Patter were yummy!

Goto King: Tripe Congee & Other Filipino Foods

by cyndymc Written Jul 14, 2009

Goto King Sisig Meal That Was

Goto King serves different kinds of local congee like "goto" (local congee w/ tripe), "arroz caldo" (Spanish-Filipino congee with chicken), "pospas" (local congee with minced chicken and boiled egg), and other Filipino dishes.

I tried some of their local dishes, but I didn't like them. The "okoy" has more batter than shrimps; the fresh lumpia doesn't use really fresh vegetables; the "sisig " is so-so served with overdone fried egg; the lumpiang togue has very thick wrapper but little filling.

Favorite Dish: I only like their "Pospas" because the congee tastes good, and the minced chicken meat and boiled egg in the pospas are just right for a light snack. When I'm really hungry, I order their arroz caldo.

Instant Answers: Alabang

Comments

Alabang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alabang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alabang sightseeing.