Mandaluyong Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Mandaluyong

Our Father's Coffee (OFC): Proudly Local

by monina_c Updated Jul 11, 2006

My friend enjoying local coffee

This cannot be properly called a restaurant since their fare is limited to coffee, tea and desserts. But despite its limitations, its turned out to be one of my favorite hang-outs. This cafe is very patriotic! and only serves domestic tea and coffee. Their selection includes coffee from the Cordilleras, Batangas, Cavite and Bukidnon. Same thing with their teas which includes such flavors as hibiscus, tsaang gubat and those herbal/medicinal teas like lagundi, ampalaya, sambong, ginger, etc. Of course one mustn't forget to mention their innovation on the national staple, pan de sal which they call "fun de sal". Fun de sal is good old pandesal flattened into a circle with turned up edge to accomodate toppings like condensed milk, sardines and an assortment of jellies. Very fun to eat.

Favorite Dish: My coffee of choice are Kapeng Barako and Kapeng Benguet sweetened with moscovado. I love their fun de sal topped with condensed milk which reminds me of my favorite childhood afternoon snack. My tea of choice is Tsaang Gubat (I have yet to muster enough internal strength to try thier ampalaya tea !)

Asian Bites: Cheap but Filling

by monina_c Updated Jun 8, 2006

Asian Bites is more like an airconditioned "turo-turo". It serves the usual asian dishes, chopsuey, noodles, sushi, maki, gyoza, tofu and iced tea. It's become a favorite because the prices are really low and lately I've been there for more times than I care to count because I need to stretch out my budget. Some of the dishes they serve like the yakisoba can be shared by 2 pax as the servings are more generous than most. It is also a convinient quick stop for a hot meal if you are in the Ortigas area.

Added attraction is the fact that you can watch the cooks prepare your orders as they have an open kitchen.

Favorite Dish: California maki (you can ask them for extra wasabi) and their yakisoba has a lot of vegetables especially my favorite green bell pepper. These 2 treats you can have for less than P100.

Crustasia at The Podium: Good Tasting Seafood

by monina_c Written Oct 3, 2006

The restaurant is part of the Red Crab chain. The branch at The Podium has nice interior with very Asian feel. The cuisine is a mixture of different Asian influences. I heard all their crabs and seafoods are being delivered fresh each day from Pampanga and Roxas City! The service isn't bad either. :D

Favorite Dish: Everything in their menu looked delicious but I especially liked the following:
    Crab Maritess, Grilled Squid, Steamed Fish, Kankong Salad, Catfish Salad, Steamed Kingfish, Salted Fish Fried Rice, Bagoong Rice, Roast Chicken.

• Business Travel

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Bubble Tea: Tokyo "Invasion" =)

by nixca316 Updated Oct 8, 2008

Visit http://ilovebubbletea.multiply.com and http://www.tokyobubbletea.jp for more details.

We enjoyed our first visit @ Mega Mall though I'm very familiar with this place because of my visits to Japan.

バブルティーを気に入ってくれると!

There is real value for money...RJ has a big appetite and what we usually pay for in several thousands of Pesos in other Japanese restos, we paid only for more than 800 Pesos. Wow! Well, Karate Kid, Teriyaki Boy and Tokyo Tokyo are still a little cheaper, but hey, Bubble Tea is Bubble Tea!

The place has a warm and friendly atmosphere...the food is GREAT and the service is commendable!

我々は、前に戻って

The different kinds of Bubble Tea
    and so much more

Via Mare: Delicious Filipino Food

by monina_c Written Sep 18, 2006

Via Mare in Shangri-la is part of a chain that specializes in serving delicious Filipino food. The restaurant is spacious and clean.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are their pancit malabon, goto and bibingka which is served with shaved coconut meat and matamis na bao . I tried their balut which is served within a puff pastry weird but delicious! :)

Mannang: Modern Pinoy

by monina_c Updated May 18, 2007

Facade of the Restaurant

Mannang is a restaurant that tweaks traditional Filipino dishes to bring refreshing fares to its costumers' tables. The restaurant is clean and the wait staff efficient. Nothing remarkable in its decor. Best of all is the price (e.g. 10 pax dinner only cost around USD40), very reasonable.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are:
    1. Corned Beef Sinigang (see picture)
    2. Shrimp & Mango Salad with Jellyfish
    3. Tofu Sisig
    4. Chili Shanghai (see picture)
    5. Baked Oysters

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Racks: I Love Their Grilled Baby Back Ribs & More!

by cyndymc Written Apr 5, 2011

Racks Salad with Blackened Chicken Strips

One thing I like about the Racks chain of restaurants is the service crew's fast, efficient service. From the time you arrive, you will be escorted to a seat at the restaurant which is totally a non-smoking area. Another plus factor for me is the availability of an in-house restroom. The diners don’t have to walk far to the mall’s public restrooms.

Favorite Dish: Racks is known for its grilled baby back ribs that “melt” in your mouth. It had proven itself in that department; their meats are really tender and their sauce is delicious. For our recent visit however, we tried to shy away from the meats, specifically our favorite Racks Baby Ribs for health reasons. I ordered Salad with Blackened Chicken Strips and hubby got Carbonara. We were both very satisfied with the food!

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Hula-Hula: Seafood and Barbecue House

by yellowbell Written Jan 8, 2007

Davao feast

Seafood Island and Hula Hula Restaurant belong to the same chain of restaurants serving seafood and barbecue. This restaurant is ideal for groups of people as it serves barbecue/seafood for 3-4 people or 5-6 people.

Rice and viands are served in a tray of banana leaves and you'd eat picnic style!

Favorite Dish: Food groups are named after tropical islands:

Bora Bora (for Boracay)
    Davao

*can be a combination of any of the following: grilled tilapia, pork barbecue, rice (bagoong/shrimp paste rice or rice with shreds of crab), kilawing tanigue (raw fish in vinegar), mussels, grilled spareribs, crabs, oysters

Love their mango/orange side dish (atchara style)!

Chez Karine @ The Megamall Fashion Hall: Great Desserts and Drinks

by nixca316 Written Feb 1, 2014

Chez Karine Bakery's 2nd branch opened its doors to the public Tuesday morning at the upper ground floor of SM Megamall Fashion Hall beside Superdry.

The timing is perfect because this weekend is the Lunar New Year of the Wooden Horse. Whatever your belief may be, I'm sure you'll join in the celebration.

These delectable delights welcomed us and we had a feeling of sheer joy. Almost all the favorites from the Serendra branch are here, with some added products that debuted in this branch.

For some reason I thought it was going beyond being a dessert and coffee place, but I was wrong. It's also great to stick to the concept and the Chez Karine desserts and beverages are really fabulous.

THE GOODIES WE TRIED during our visit

MANGO CARAMELLA

Layers and layers of goodness of fresh mango mousse, mango jelly, caramel mousse and chocolate sponge cake. It is surrounded by ladyfinger sponge with nutty cashew crust. (I just had to add the menu description for this one)

Even if I do eat mango based cakes, I am not really a mango fan, but I do love almost anything with caramel. I was a little bit apprehensive to taste this because besides having sugar, the yellow mangoes are also high in fructose. Yet, after having my first bite, I must have to agree with the person who told me that it has the Chez Karine signature. I'll use my dad's description, "Not overwhelmingly sweet."

COTTON SOFT CHEESECAKE

This would surely be one of my favorites here. Sometimes cheesecakes would have the tendency to leave a feeling of dryness on the tongue even if it's delicious. This one does not fall under that category. It also lives up to its name. It's very cottony-soft, not too filling, but it is satisfying. I love the way it melts on my mouth. It could cheer up the loneliest person or add more happiness to the already joyful one.

HOKKAIDO CUPCAKE

If you're familiar with Japanese cakes then you would say this is authentic. It has the goodness of the familiar Japanese cake and filling. My fond memories of Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Kobe and yes, Hokkaido, fill my mind with a single bite. I think for this visit I could say that this is my favorite. 美味しかった

NEAPOLITAN

Neapolitan is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. Aya told me the name of this delightful dessert, but after eating it, I have forgotten what it was, but suddenly thought of my Weight Watchers Ice Cream. When one eats something delicious, he or she usually forgets his or her name. This time, I forgot the name of the cake I've eaten. LOL. It lives up to its name.A true French dessert with the touch of goodness of Napoli(Naples, Italy).

CHOCOLATE AND SALTED CARAMEL MACARON de ICE CREAM (SANDWICH)

The goodness of a French cookies sandwich filled with glacé. Ooh la la. If it weren't dangerously sinful, I could eat a dozen of each flavor. That's how good it is! (My friend and I favor the Salted Caramel flavor even if both are delicious)

MY CHEZ KARINE BLOGS:

Yummy French Desserts @ Serendra Piazza

Chez Karine Bakery at the Serendra Piazza

New Cakes, Tarts, and Macaron Flavors to crave for @ Chez Karine

Chez Karine's Konnyaku Fruit Jelly: What a welcome treat for someone under the weather!

Jatujak: New Favorite :P

by monina_c Written Dec 18, 2007

This Thai restaurant is just a week old. it is small (seats maybe 20 pax) but clean and nicely appointed. Service is fast.

Favorite Dish: Their lemon grass and mint tea and mixed vegetables with tofu curry are going to be my favorites :)

• monina_c's Profile Photo

Krocodile Grille: Eat like a croc!

by monina_c Updated Apr 14, 2008

The restaurant itself is unprepossessing except for the grinning giant styrofoam crocodile hanging from the ceiling! :D They serve Filipino food.

Favorite Dish: I liked their Croc's deviled crispy pata (deliciously spicy) and their pork sinigang. The Aligi pasta is also good.

• allelli's Profile Photo

Galileo Enoteca Deli: Authentic Italian experience in Philippines

by allelli Written Feb 6, 2008

They have one of the biggest selections of Italian wines in the Philippines. Also, They have a very wide selection of cold cuts, cheese and other high-end Italian products. If you like Italian food and recognize terrific value head over to Galileo Enoteca. all the food was good but I found the noodles a bit too al dente.

Favorite Dish: I love there Parmigianno and Grana Padano cheese! that make me back and back again

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Mr Choi Kitchen: One of the popular Chinese Food Stall in Robinsons

by machomikemd Written Mar 19, 2012
    the resto

This is easily one of the More Popular Restaurants in the huge Robinson's Galleria Complex in Mandaluyong City. It can be packed on most days since the Chinese food style here is typically Cantonese type of Cuisine, which is the most popular of Chinese Cuisine in the Philippines. Mr. Choi's Kitchen started here and branched out to Makati City and in Ermita in Manila. They also don't have MSG on their food and the price here is not that much.

Favorite Dish: The price depends on what you would order like an order of Siomai Dumplings will cost 80 pesos an order, Bird's Nest Soup at 250 pesos for a large order, Soy Chicken half order at 220 pesos and more. they have an extensive selection of cantonese Specialties.

Opens from 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Su, M, T, W, Th, F, Sa: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

• Beer Tasting

Secret Recipe®- Mega Mall: Cakes, Good food, Great Coffee, and more

by nixca316 Updated Jul 3, 2012

There are a variety of food that you can order here. From soups, pies, cakes, Asian Dishes, International Cuisine, juices, and the like.

If you are looking for a place with a good atmosphere, but there is value for money, Secret Recipe® is the place to go to. It caters to almost everyone and appeals to almost everyone too.

Your tummies would be filled for less than ten dollars, or somewhere between 250 to 400 Philippine Pesos, but they also have promos like set meals or combos(Cakes and Coffee for only PhP99 or a little over $2.00).

My autistic savant brother who is now with our Lord, loved to dine here, because he felt like a king. So, basing on how they treated my brother, I can safely say that the service is great.

info@secretrecipe.com.ph

Major credit cards are accepted

Sunday to Thursday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
    Friday and Saturday 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Favorite Dish: The cakes, pies, coffee, drinks are their pride and joy. They are very, very delicious. Great for snacks and desserts. I must say that among the pasta dishes, I love the lasagna the best. Their salads are very tasty too.

What about the soups? I'm not so much of a fan, but they are good too. My favorite is the carrot and ginger.

• Disabilities

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Penang Hill, at the Ledge (Shangri-la Plaza): Affordable Truly Asian Cuisine (Malaysian)

by nixca316 Written Jul 3, 2012

Malaysia claims to be truly Asia in ads, so I think that is why the owners of this restaurant chose Asian Fusion over being a purist in Malaysian food.

For around PhP200-300 Pesos, your tummies would satisfied.

The place is clean and service is OK.

Cuisine: Modern Asian (Malaysian, Singaporean, Indian, Vietnamese etc.)

Sundays: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
    Mondays to Thursdays: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
    Fridays and Saturdays: 10:00 am - 11:00 pm

Major Credit Cards are accepted

Favorite Dish: I love the catfish salad, the beef wrap, the kari laksa, the roti canai, the oyster omelets, the gula-melaka, and the nonya fried rice

Instant Answers: Mandaluyong

Comments

Mandaluyong Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mandaluyong restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mandaluyong sightseeing.