Paranaque Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Paranaque

***amachi 下町 SM City BF P'que: Japanese Chasu House

by nixca316 Written Feb 11, 2015

下町 ***amachi Japanese Chasu House,
    2nd Floor (beside Toho and facing Una Rosa)
    SM City BF P'que
    Tel. No.(02) 4018762

Note: ***amachi 下町 is the traditional name for the area of Tokyo including today the Adachi, Arakawa, Chiyoda (in part), Chūō, Edogawa, Kōtō, Sumida, and Taitō wards, the physically low part of the city along and east of the Sumida River. The food served in this restaurant are made from the traditional recipes from this general area. This is their second branch in this country. The first branch can be found at The Podium((02) 571 4568), Mandaluyong City.

We already have favorites inside SM City BF, but this place is a welcome addition. The place is clean and welcoming. The service is good and the food is delicious.

You can have a semi-private meeting or party for 18 pax in one corner room

For a minimum order of PhP300.00, they deliver for free(nearby areas like BF Homes, Ireneville, Teoville, Garcia Village, Goodwill 2 and 3, RGV, Jackielouville, Sampaloc 1 and 2, Tahanan Village, Maywood and Fourth Estate)

ありがとう

Beef Curry Ramen Ikasumi Ramen Donburi Set F Volcano Ramen

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Lucky Noodles: Pan Asian Noodle Resto of Solaire Resort & Casino

by machomikemd Updated Dec 9, 2014

Want something different after a night of gaming and not in the mood into fine dining. You can either head to the food court of the Solaire Casino or at the Lucky Noodles Restaurant of the Casino, which is located along the ground floor beside the high limit section of the Casino. Lucky Noodles offers Pan Asian different kinds of Noodles, both hot and cold, ranging from the Japanese Ramen or Udon Noodles, to the Vietnamese Pho, to the Korean Jjiampong, to the Thai Pad Thai, the Filipino Pancit or the Malaysian Laksa to name a few. they also have various pan asian short orders like dimsums, japanese gyoza, beef and chicken satay, fried chicken, hainanese chicken rice, beef tapa and a lot more of South East Asian and East Asian Goodies.

average price of a meal per person is about 500 pesos and up.

Opens 24/7

Favorite Dish: they also have a large selection of Asian Beers and Korean Soju and Japanese Sake.

Various Japanese Ramen from 400 pesos and up, Udon Noodles at 420 pesos and up, Macanese Roast Pork with Rice from 280 pesos and up, Vietnamese Lemongrass Fried Chicken at 350 pesos and up and a lot more.

according to their website:

Fortune has shined on this haven for Asian gastronomy with its sumptuous soups, noodles and rice dishes. The open kitchen with a dining counter allows you to watch our chefs in action and whet your appetite for our Asian comfort food. Located directly off the casino floor, this quick and casual retreat is always buzzing with energy. And lucky you; it’s open 24 hours a day so you’ll always have a chance to indulge.

• Beer Tasting
    • Casino and Gambling

Lydia's Lechon, Baclaran: Almost 50 years of legacy

by nixca316 Updated Nov 10, 2014

When I was little I had a pet pig. I would feed it and sometimes talk to it. One day, during my birthday, I couldn't find my pet. That day, I had a big birthday party and it was really, really fun until they served the lechon. My poor pig died that day and I cried.

I got over it, of course. It was still not a favorite dish, but someone(this was during the Marcos regime---her lechon was a favorite of the family of the former dictator) started raving about this phenomenal person who started her business with a few hundred Pesos near a church called Our Lady of Sorrows at F.B. Harrison in nearby Pasay City. I was still a little girl back then, but I was awe struck, even without seeing her yet. That was the 1970s and only by word of mouth.

I think it was in the 1980s when her brand became a household name because of EAT BULAGA and other noted variety shows, but she was already known in the 5 star hotel circle and famous restaurateurs were already getting her services.

The brand I knew as a little girl was Lydia's Native Lechon. I saw stalls all over the city in the shape of a house. You could order there, I believe, a whole lechon for your parties, but you can also get slices of lechon with their famous sauce.

For Spanish speaking readers, I must tell you that everything roasted that way is called lechon here and not only suckling pigs. Even chicken, beef or whatever else can be called lechon here.

Anyways, from humble beginnings in 1965 selling lechon at a side walk in Baclaran, to five star hotels, to TV shows, in 1986 they opened somehwere near this current location, slowly getting bigger. Now, in its current location, it's a place where friends and family could hang out, eat delicious native dishes(for non-pig eaters, they offer sea food and other delights too...they also sell Halal sauces---which is uncanny for places that sell pig...yes, Halal...they also have beef...you just have to mention that you cannot eat pork ever...by the way, the Halal approved sauces are exported in Dubai and elsewhere), drink buko juice, eat delicious native desserts or fruits, etc. It's a lovely sight to see families and friends eating together, sharing stories of life and love. Laughter fills the air without being boisterous, because once they are served the delicious food, they go silent for awhile to savor the mouthwatering dishes.

Oh, may I mention that they also have an air conditioned function room for parties?

One thing I noticed about the place is that everyone seems to be treated as family.

The owner, the matriarch Ms. Lydia de Roca, even if she doesn't manage the place anymore (they have something like 30 branches all over), is still very much "hands on". From 12 midnight to 4 in the morning, she watches over the roasting of the pigs (and cows, whatever the case may be) and she still makes the special sauces, etc.

If you see her in person, you wouldn't guess that she is almost seventy(70) years old. She looks so young.

The secret of her beauty besides her beauty regimen is always being grateful to the Lord and His mother, Mary.

Email Address

Ms. Lydia de Roca even looks younger in person ;-) Non-pork (Halal) sauces Different mouthwatering local dishes in array Earlier this was even jam-packed! ;-) Boneless suckling pig with Paella inside

Serye Cafe Filipino-Santana Grove: The Legacy of Aling Asiang and Mama Sita

by nixca316 Updated Aug 21, 2014

Aling Asiang’s Best Kept Memories and Recipes

Clara Reyes Lapus, President of Mama Sita Foundation

Mama Sita's Official Website

I chose to put the links on top to introduce to you two great women of our history who became a part of almost every Filipinos kitchens and homes: Aling Asiang and her daughter, Teresita (Mama Sita).

Since I'm not on my PHILIPPINES page, which I have to update soon, I will just focus on this branch found at Santana Grove.

It is a bit pricier than the other restaurants in the whole Parañaque City, but I think about average, if it's only the area we are going to talk about.

They have wines, teas, coffees, cakes, known Filipino dishes and some International favorites.

Favorite Dish: I love the Sweet and Sour Lapu Lapu, Kare Kare, Sinigang, and the barbecues the best.

Serye is the anagram of Reyes, the family name that brought to us the famous Aristocrat Chicken with java rice, Reyes Barbecue, Mama Sita's sauces, etc.

Gerbu's Burgers n' Tacos: A new Diner in town

by nixca316 Written Aug 14, 2014

After watching the life of St. Rita of Cascia, Jinkee and I went to meet up with a friend somewhere in BF Homes. After that short meeting(he was with a bunch of people), I felt a bit hungry, but I only had PhP300.00 in my pocket. I was thinking of dropping by Family Mart, Mini Stop(we eventually did, to buy pasalubong) or 7-eleven, but for some reason, we got attracted to the promo at Tea Talk: Chops and Pops for only PhP70.00. Unfortunately, the only thing available was chicken, but I did not want to drink antihistamines. Come on, I didn't even eat the chicken macaroni soup served at the parish center that smelled soooo delicious because I did not take my medicines. Thankfully, there was GERBU'S right beside it.

I thought we were only going to split a burger(because I thought the prices were steep), but I was pleased to know that we could order a burger and a taco plus we had enough change to give a little gratuity and still buy an affordable sandwich or sandwiches at Mini Stop. ;-)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

*We enjoyed GERBU'S TACO with and without the sauces.

*GERBU'S FAVORITE burger is very mouthwatering. We enjoyed it with and without the sauces too!

216-B Aguirre Ave. BF Homes
    Parañaque

(02) 501 0616

Owner

Gerbu's Favorite Burger Gerbu's Taco Wise Sayings with my friend, JinkeeR

• nixca316's Profile Photo

The Girl + The Bull: A secret that is no longer one ;-)

by nixca316 Updated Jul 2, 2014

When people talk about a place that seems to be so great, it's either an understatement or a hype. This one falls into the category of an understatement. No words can describe the greatness of this place.

It's a casual dining restaurant that serves great unforgettable food.

Traditional food with twists seem to be overrated, but their food is actually delicious and you would talk about them for days.

Before setting foot in this restaurant, a lot of people have already told me how they enjoyed their times there. I was wondering if I would have the same experience.

I bet each experience is unique, and I believe mine was one as well. Yet, I still had a great time. I enjoyed the service, I like the place and the food is oh so delicious.

If you are not a keen observer, you wouldn't easily find the place, but when you do, I assure you, you would have a great time.

I advise you to give them a call to reserve some spaces because it easily gets full and to think it's mostly word of mouth.

It's a place that even the northern folk would want to visit.

Yes. It's THAT great.

The ones that we have tried so far:

Jamon Serrano-a perfect marriage of ham, sunny side eggs and vegetables

Wild Arugula Salad- Another great salad dish

Buttermilk Fried Chicken- my friends super love this

Iced Tea- house blend, with a tinge of orange

Pork Belly Confit-another sinfully delicious delight

I first tasted this on my birthday at Magnum Opus Fine Coffees. Jonathan Choi, the owner, shared it with us and even put a candle for me to blow. It's his favorite dessert there and it's called FAUX TWIX. Thanks to my bestie, too, for driving me there and for buying me one of the best coffees in town.

The first time I tried this chocolate ganache, I was very sad My friend said it would wash all my worries away, even temporarily. It sure did. I felt happy after eating it. Thanks. You know who you are.

Facebook

STORE HOURS
    12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
    They are closed on TUESDAYS and WEDNESDAYS.
    Last food orders are taken 30 minutes before closing time.

RESERVATIONS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED
    Contact them at +63 905 572 2556

Website

Thankfully, besides cash, they also accept Visa and Mastercard

Jamon Serrano Pork Belly Confit Faux Twix Chocolate Ganache

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Gourmet's Palate- Now closed: Charbroiled burgers never tasted this good!

by nixca316 Updated Jun 20, 2014

Note: I am keeping this because the place has good memories...they are quitting while they are ahead because the owners wants to rest. Maybe they also want to focus on BAMBA. Whatever their reasons are, I want to say thank you for all the good food, laughter and all.

We looooooove it here. The price is just right and the food, wow! The burgers, the sauces, the shawarma, the dimsum, the rice toppings...wow!

Gourmet's Palate is a cozy place where you and your friends can meet. If you smoke, you can "dine al fresco"---heheheh...if you don't, then you can enjoy the small air conditioned dining "room". I call it a room because it can only serve around 20 people, more or less.

The only sad thing about this place is that it doesn't accept plastic money or travelers cheques. However, since the price is soooooo affordable, you wouldn't mind paying in cash.

BTW, they bake great cakes (and you can order cakes with different designs too) and the bread they use for the burgers is from their "original" homegrown recipe!

They do offsite catering too (they have a wider variety of choices!)

Attire: Casual

Favorite Dish:

Blue Thunder (charbroiled burger)
    Garlic Scream (charbroiled burger)
    Mushroom Melt (charbroiled burger)
    Food for the gods
    Moist Chocolate Cake
    Super Burito
    Beef Shawarma
    Nachos (with all the toppings)

Their sauces are to die for

Blue Thunder ♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥ Nachos galore! Moist Chocolate Cake ♥ ☆ ♥ ♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥ PILE Girls Mushroom Melt ♥ ☆ ♥  ♥ ☆ ♥  ♥ ☆ ♥

• nixca316's Profile Photo

My Little Buttercup Bakery and Cafe: Our family's favorite place in SM City BF P'que

by nixca316 Updated Jun 20, 2014

My family feels at home here. The service is great and the food is delicious. They even have a kiddie corner where the younger kids could watch movies or anything to keep them busy. It's a place where you can enjoy all day breakfast, sip coffee or tea, buy cupcakes, order designer cakes, eat different kinds of pasta, eat juicy burgers et cetera, et cetera.

It is very conducive for a long conversation, so I guess it's a good date place too.

You won't miss this. It's located at the second floor in between Manna Cafe and Thousand Cranes Shabu-Shabu. It's also near the escalators leading to the cinemas.

It's open everyday from 10 in the morning to 9 in the evening(Mall hours).

The only setback is, they don't accept credit cards yet.

Oh well.

You win some, you lose some.

Foodspotting page

Everything is just so scrumptious and it's hard to choose a favorite dish, but I'll try to name some. We often order the FISH and CHIPS, the different burgers...we love the steak...my nephew loves their Chicken Tenders/Fingers.

My favorite cupcake is the ENSAY cupcake. It's a very moist cupcake and ensaimada rolled into one. I really didn't ask what the cupcake was made of, but I think it was something custard-like and buttery with drops of vanilla...it's just a guess. They're entitled to their secrets. What I know is that this is very delicious.

My favorite Pasta Dish is the creamy pesto. I love the marriage of the al dente pasta with the creamy pesto mixture.

My nephew enjoys their French hot chocolate and we love their very aromatic coffee. Incidentally their coffee is so delicious.

Their choices of teas are good too.

Ensay Cupcake Kiddie Corner Cafe Mocha Baby Back Ribs

Bon Chon Pergola and SM City BF: More than just the famous chicken

by nixca316 Updated Mar 10, 2014

Bon Chon is a fastfood chain that specializes on crispy chicken, but they also cater to the seafood loving crowd.

The taste of their food and sauces are uniquely their own and almost everyone, if not everyone has a smile on his or her face before leaving.

The food is also very, very affordable.

The place is very clean and the servers are very courteous.

Munch Punch Page
    BonChon's Facebook Page

SM City BF Parañaque is open from 10am to 10pm
    The Pergola Branch is open during mall hours

Honey Citrus Seafood Platter We were early, but some were already ahead of us Sweet Potato Fries Fish Taco Bulgogi Noodles Soup

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Sophia's Cuisina Mediterranean Deli and Restaurant: A Wonderful little taverna at The Pergola Mall

by nixca316 Updated Feb 23, 2014

Yes! Finally, since last Valentine's Day, Sophia's Mediterranean Cuisine is now at the Pergola Mall (Elsie Gatches side, near the Barangay BF Homes Hall, facing Zagu). In our opinion, the dining area is just similar in size compared to their former location at Phase 3 and now, more people would be able to try their wonderful menu selections.

Besides proximity, I love the feel of the place. The servers have cute uniforms and they serve with a smile. Chef Mervyn checks on his clients once in a while and so does his wife, Josie.

The food is still great and there's great value for money.

THE OLD BLOG
    Chef Mervyn Whitfield's Story
    Fab Chef's Spicy Story
    Food-Fever: Chef Mervyn Whitfield

When we learned that one member of our "trio" was not available that night of the 4th of December, we decided to go "Resto Surfing" along Aguirre Avenue. We wanted to try a place place where we have not eaten before. There were lots of fairly new places so we could not decide. Upon reaching El Grande we decided to make a U-Turn then "browsed" the avenue again.

For some reason both of us craved for something Mediterranean that night. We could have gone to Le Souk, but it looked so crowded, and at least one of us has been there before. We continued our search until we "discovered" SOPHIA'S CUISINA.

Rolly, the one who served us with gusto, recognized my "Big

Sis". It took as a few minutes to realize that the man who

welcomed us was THE Chef Mervyn Whitfield(there are links

above just in case you do not know who he is),

the former chef of the Beatles, and that Sophia's Cuisina is not really new. It used to be at West Gate, Alabang, but a few months ago, they decided to transfer to 225 Aguirre Avenue, Phase 3, BF Homes, City of Parañaque.

Unlike their former Taverna, this one is homier and has a

great atmosphere. We were very lucky that the owners were

there that night. There were other diners, but they were

almost done when we arrived.

Josie, the very gracious wife of Chef Mervyn, chatted with us a bit. It is easy to tell that she is very unassuming and has a good heart.

The food is great!

Cash and major credit cards are accepted

Favorite Dish:

Ibiza Burger- Juicy Spanish burger with chorizos, lettuce, onions, mayonnaise(you can request to remove the mayo if you like) with fries on the side with the option to dip in ketchup

For its caliber, PhP175.00 is very reasonable. Every bite is a glimpse of heaven.

Ravioli Verde- Home made pasta(Chef Mervyn's), Spinach, Bleu cheese and other special ingredients

As a bleu cheese addict(I know, I know, not everyone loves bleu cheese, but I do), this passes with flying colors.

Kataifi- Selling point, not as sweet as Baklava(I like Baklava too, but it's too sweet for me). It is also called Kenafeh, also spelled knafeh, kunafeh, or kunafah,Greek: κα(ν)ταΐφι kadaïfi/kataïfi) is a Levantine cheese pastry soaked in sweet sugar-based syrup, (Chef Mervyn used honey---yes!)

Spaghetti all'amatriciana -alla matriciana (in Romanesco) is a traditional Italian pasta sauce based on guanciale (cured pork cheek), pecorino cheese, and tomato. Yummy! The pasta, I don't know if it's obvious here, is al dente...the sauce is divine!

Falafel Platter with Pita, Fries and Hummus- Delicious! Reminds me of New York!

Mango Panna Cotta-After being disappointed with a so-called "Panna Cotta" somewhere along the same avenue, we were satisfied with this one. ❤❤❤ (Although we have a favorite panna cotta in the City of Parañaque, this one is good too!)

The Baked Lasagna- For only PhP 99.00, you will be able to enjoy this very scrumptious BAKED LASAGNA! ❤❤❤

with Chef Mervyn, Big Sis Carol & Josie Whitfield Spaghetti all'amatriciana Falafel platter with hummus, pita and fries Baked Lasagna Kataifi

The Urban Farm: For a soft Opening, they are doing great

by nixca316 Updated Feb 23, 2014

THE URBAN FARM
    President's Avenue corner 4 Adelfa, Tahanan Village, Barangay BF Homes, Paranaque City
    (02)8238495
    ZOMATO
    FACEBOOK
    The Urban Farm by Mrs. Mommaholic

Cash Basis only

Operating Hours: 11 AM to 10 PM (Mon-Thu), 11 AM to 11 PM (Fri-Sun)

THE SIDE STORY

January 25, 2014
    My Big Sis, Carol and I were not intending to dine here the first time we did. We were on a tight budget and so we were aiming to go to Sen Lek, its next-door neighbor.

Before reaching Sen Lek, we saw that THE URBAN FARM was now on dry-run.

The place looked so visually appealing and we were curious as to why no one was eating there. Was it expensive? How would we know if we would not enter, right?

So we did.

We were welcomed and served well. A little while later, another group arrived.

A little while later we talked with the owners. We then learned that this was the management that used to run DONG JUAN, but...

Anyways, the place was Christened a few hours before and everything looked promising.

My first photographs were a bit blurry(the ones below the page), but we enjoyed every moment. The food was not expensive at all and we're hoping people would know about it.

There were forgivable slips, but for a dry-run they did well.

For some darn reason healthy food are usually expensive, but thankfully, it is not so in THE URBAN FARM. The menu selection, though not final yet, offers very delicious food that is not bad for you.

Not everything is vegan or vegetarian, but rest assured, everything was carefully researched and developed.

As I mentioned before, the place was very visually appealing. There is also a light feeling in one's heart when one enters the place.

The place is also very clean and has a positive atmosphere.

From the appetizers to the desserts, everything is healthy.

Some of the food were conceptualized and created by a Board Certified Herbalist named Liz Dorothy Echiverri Baes.

The desserts are very healthy. Yes, they are NOT without sugar, but they are made with the freshest ingredients.

They also sell alkaline salt, tea leaves by the bottle, mixed nuts and cookies.

We were the first ones to arrive for lunch, but a little while later, like the first time, another group arrived.

THE FOOD

POTATO BALLS- These are humongous! I read about them from MrsMommaholic's blog about The Urban Farm so I told myself I would definitely try these on my next visit. I was not disappointed. Not only are they big, they are very delicious too. The wonderful combination of the bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese and other ingredients dipped in the mix of aioli and salsa is simply DIVINE.

THE SUMMER CITRUS SALAD or simply CITRUS SALAD is good to be shared by three people. It is a mixture of salad greens, fruits and breaded calamari with citrus vinaigrette. It is sheer delight.

HERBAL COFFEE-This is their herbalist's very own concoction of herbal coffee. It was a little on the sweet side, but it was good. I was able to finish it to the last drop.

PASTA with SUMMER HERBS and TOMATOES- Another concoction by their herbalist. It is made with vegetables, healthy pasta, tomatoes and four(4) summer herbs.

HOISIN QUESADILLAS- Quesadillas with ham and chicken in hoisin sauce. it is good to share.

PINEAPPLE CARROT CUPCAKE- Made with a delicious blend of pineapple and carrot. It is not dry.

They serve healthy food, but not entirely vegetarian. They claim that everything is organic. The cows eat grass and are not injected with antibiotics or other chemicals.

Pasta with Summer Herbs and Tomatoes Summer Citrus Salad Potato Balls Malunggay Pumpkin Cupcakes w/ maple cream frosting

Gusto Trattoria Siciliana: 1st Sicilian Trattoria in town

by nixca316 Updated Feb 13, 2014

Artist Antonino "Nino" Quartana is GUSTO's Executive Chef Everything is a work of art. From every nook, cranny, utensils, paintings, rest room and of course the FOOD, are very visually appealing. The taste is superb. They are all fit to serve in a royal palace, but with the feeling of warmth of mom's home-cooked food.

Chef Nino claims that this is the first trattoria in our country. There are other places that call themselves trattorias, but maybe(hey, I hope the other owners of the other trattorie won't pull my hair) it's the first REAL trattoria. To be safe, let's just say it's the first real SICILIAN trattoria in the country.

THE FOOD WE TRIED:

♡ Complimentary focaccia and eggplant. The bread itself is so flavorful and the eggplant tastes heavenly.
    ♡ Misto Della Casa: Sun dried tomatoes, Panelle/Panella, Bread Sticks, Liver Pate, Quail Eggs with truffle oil

Everything's delicious and would make you want for more

♡Organic Duck Ragu Fettuccine ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
    Words could not describe how I felt when I ate this

♡Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia---The best black ink spaghetti I've ever tasted so far

♡Pasta alla Norma (I love the roasted eggplant and the al dente fettuccine)

♡Being in the crepe business before, I kind of missed our hazelnut(nutella) crepe. This crespella would make you forget your problems and your diet. It's so super delicious!

♡The mango mousse with pistachios on top is delectably delightful. Sounds cliche-ish, but it is! My brother Karl wanted it all to himself.

♡After our meal, Chef Nino made us choose between Limoncello and NegroAmaro. Since I've tasted Limoncello before, I chose a shot of NegroAmaro. :) I was happy with my choice.

Arrivederci GUSTO TRATTORIA SICILIANA!

Owner: Gerlando Giuliana
    11:00 am - 10:00 pm
    Tuesday to Sunday
    Cash Basis only
    They Deliver Mediterranean, Sicilian, Italian, Healthy Food into your homes (+632- 87878)

Misto della Casa Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia Pasta alla Norma Organic Duck Ragu Fettuccine Mango Mousse

Guernica's Tapas Bar & Restaurant: Spanish Food at Barangay BF Homes

by nixca316 Updated Jan 26, 2014

New location(just diagonally across the street):

SM City Sucat Branch
    Ground Floor,
    SM City Sucat Building B,
    Dr. A. Santos Ave.Sucat,
    Paranaque City 1700

The description was written about the branch at Santana Grove:

I'm a "hopeless" romantic and I must say this place is an ideal "date" place for me. If someone pops "the question" here, I "might" say yes. Haha.

Yes, there are those that look more posh than this, but this place is very, very cozy.

The minute you arrive you feel like you are transported into another country and at times, there's live music you can enjoy too.

They also have an array of the finest wines you can choose from and the service is great too!

All major credit cards are accepted

Operating time:
    Mall hours -10:00am to 9:00pm

Favorite Dish: The Tapas Sampler

Gustos de Tanguigue

Patatas a la Catalan

Lengua Estofada

Callos a la Madrilena

Mejillones y Almejas Horneados En Su Concha

Pavo con Patatas y Setas (Turkey with Potatoes and Mushrooms)

Cordero Asado (Roast Lamb)

Lengua Estofada Patatas ala Catalan Tapas Sampler
    • Disabilities

Manna Cafe and Bakery: Bread and food from heaven

by nixca316 Updated Jan 26, 2014

Note: The Bakery still exists and has a branch at SM City BF Paranaque, but the restaurant has morphed into KAFE YEN

Normally, when we go caroling, we would at least sing for three households or groups. Unfortunately, some of our hosts had other appointments(some just sent envelopes and other "gigs" were postponed), so we were only able to sing for one household and their neighbors.

Since the night was still young some of us decided to have dinner somewhere near. We gave some suggestions, but somehow all of us wanted to try something new. Well, at the very least, somewhere we have not tried before.

We went restaurant surfing along Aguirre Avenue and found MANNA CAFE. There were some people in the battery, but the cafe was empty, They were preparing for a wedding anniversary celebration to be held the next day at 4pm. This made us doubt the quality of the food at first, but since we were already there and hungry at that, so we decided to stay.

Since they didn't yet accept credit cards, we were on a limited budget so we just chose stuff that seemingly gave value for money.

When our orders arrived, we were amazed that the food was plated well and were very, very delicious. We just had to compliment the Chef.

Chef Robert Guevarra. He had a nine(9) year stint at Antonio's...yes, that place where you have to reserve for days or weeks or months(depending on your ability and timing) before finally dining there...then earlier this year, when he was offered to be Head Chef "here" at Manna Cafe, he had to leave Antonio's. Since there's this consultant(*Chef Off) who is also a chef, this very humble person considers himself as a Sous Chef.

One Sycamore Food Ventures and Ephesians Management Corporation:Manna Cafe and Bread Shop are sisters of The Coffee Republic & Asian Noodles and More

*Chef Off (That’s short for Nasawoothoff Thomapoon, Thai Executive Chef) is the consultant and business partner of Mr.and Mrs. Rafael of Davao and LA. He is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. He used to be at the helm of Kafe Yen, an award-winning family-owned eatery in Bangkok. (info taken from this website: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/13191/for-claire-dela-fuente-who-loves-to-eat-a-fourth-resto)

Favorite Dish: ❤English Style Fish and Chips❤
    ❤Pesto Pan de sal ❤
    ❤❤❤Three Cheeses Baked Lasagna❤❤❤

Chef Robert Guevarra English Style Fish and Chips Three Cheeses Baked Lasagna Pesto Pan de Sal

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Yakumi: Luxe Japanese Restaurant of Solaire Casino

by machomikemd Written Nov 7, 2013

I have to include this luxe japanese restaurant of Solaire Resort and Casino here as it is located in Manila Bay Part of Paranaque City.

Yakumi Japanese Restaurant if Solaire Resort and Casino along Manila Bay is the showpiece and very expensive Japanese Restaurant of the Casino. It was the brainchild of Japanese Chef Norimasa Kosaka, who specializes in Japanese Kaiseki Cuisine and the main draw of this Luxe Japanese Restaurant is that many of their fresh Japanese Seafood are flown directly from Tsukiji Market of Tokyo everyday via aircraft, hence the astronomical price.

Opens: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday

according to their website:

Whether it’s sushi, sashimi, robatayaki or the freshest fish and crustaceans, world-class ingredients are the highlight of this Japanese restaurant featuring an expansive open kitchen. Chef Nori imports his ingredients almost entirely from Japan and blends traditional techniques with modern presentations to woo all your senses. Enjoy two private teppanyaki rooms for intimate occasions. Ask our sake sommelier for his recommendation to compliment your meal. One delicious bite and you’ll think you’re in Tokyo.

Favorite Dish: as this restaurant specializes in Kaiseku cuisine, expect the prices to be expensive and that many of the seafood ingredients to be astronomical, like hokkaido caught king crab will cost 7,500 pesos an order, blue fin tuna sashimi at 900 pesos an order, an 8 ounce Kobe Rib Eye Steak at 4,500 pesos an order, kurobota stewed pork at 1,200 pesos an order and more.

prepare to spend at least 2,000 pesos per person.

• Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Paranaque

Comments

Paranaque Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Paranaque restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paranaque sightseeing.