Paranaque Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Paranaque

Gatchi Restaurant and Coffee Shop: 24 hour bar

by machomikemd Updated Nov 7, 2013

an all day and all night restaurant cum cofee house cum bar that caters primarily to the hordes of call center agents working at night at the burgeoning out sourcing industry in the philippines and it located at the busy Santana Groove Strip Mall in Sucat Road in Paranaque City. The dish here is simple and unpretentious and is budget friendly. they also have beers and cocktails for the people who drink at night and in the morning as this joint is patronized by the call center agents who usually have their nightlife ironically during the day as they work the graveyard shift.

opens: 24/7

Favorite Dish: their assorted smoothies, costing 120 pesos. average cost of a simple meal with rice at 180 to 250 pesos an order and beers at 90 pesos a bottle.

gatchi's blueberry smoothie mango smoothie club sandwhich eating
    • Wine Tasting

Pares Sa NAIA Avenue: famous Pares in NAIA Road

by machomikemd Updated Nov 7, 2013

this hole in the wall, located at the NAIA Avenue along Sucat in Paranaque City and is just beside the notorious Starfleet Massage, is a budget comfort food heaven. even the glitzy types living in the exclusive subdivisions in the area go here to eat at their cheap but filling and really delicious filipino comfort food in an unpretentious but clean setting which is open 24 hours a day.

Favorite Dish: the beef pares, which is their specialty, it cost 80 pesos an order with free soup and the beef pares fried rice. they also have the bulalo pata at 80 pesos an order, mami at 70 pesos an order, lomi at 80 pesos an order and more varieties of filipino comfort food.

the Pares the stall soup pares order

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Flaming Groundz Steakhouse: budget Steakhouse (now closed)

by machomikemd Updated Nov 7, 2013

budget steaks in the BF Homes Subdivision area of Paranaque City, however, on my recent trip to the BF homes area, I found out that this budget joint is now closed and is now replaced by a bicycle shop.

Favorite Dish: the budget steaks that costs only 220 pesos (however they are tough and chewy).

the site me menu steak cordon bleu

Bamba Bistro: International and Local Cuisine

by nixca316 Written Oct 21, 2013

La Bamba was the song Chef Tina's father used to sing to her whenever she was sad, close to tears, or crying...a comfort song...a song to make her smile or at least stop crying

BAMBA BISTRO
    #55 Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes, Parañaque City
    Tel No.:519-7097
    Their Facebook Page
    bambabistroph@gmail.com
    HOURS: T, W, Th, F, Sa, Su: 11:00AM - 10:00PM (Closed on Mondays)
    Estimated cost per person: PhP500.00-800.00
    Cash basis only(for now)

My friends and I love the little burger joint beside Yamaha School of Music, GOURMET'S PALATE Charbroiled Burgers(I haven't updated my so-called "review"). The place is nothing fancy, but lots of people come and go because of their delicious burgers, Shawarma and other gastronomic delights.

I often wondered why the owner was content in keeping the place like that, but I also thought to myself that maybe it was to keep the price affordable. They have another branch beside RED LION PUB, but somehow, in my opinion, the smaller one beside Sinagtala, where the Legardas live, is more popular.

My friend, Elena Tagao, highly recommended dining at BAMBA BISTRO to me last August, but for some reason, it took time for me to do so.

Last night, when my friend Linda Pijuan invited us to dinner out of the blue and asked us where we wanted to go, I suggested that we should try eating at Bamba.

Without knowing that this is Chef Tina's place, I felt like a child in a candy store when I entered the place. I must admit that even if Tito Chef Restaurant and All Things Culinary is still my favorite Parañaque City restaurant, Bamba Bistro is now a candidate for being my second favorite. When Elena said that she loved the attention to details, she was not exaggerating. I think the place is divided into three(3) sections: The smoking area, the bakery(Betina's Kitchen...non-smoking too), and non-smoking area.

The people dining seemed to be enjoying themselves. With a smile here and there, it was obvious that they were happy with their orders.

This place is very cozy and the whole family can enjoy the eclectic menu choices. In my opinion, this is NOT a place for dating, but then again, that's just me.

Anyways, try to visit them from Tuesday to Sunday, from eleven in the morning to ten in the evening. I assure you, you won't get disappointed.

I highly recommend:

Vanilla Bean Pannacotta served with burnt sugar and walnuts PhP120.00

Without knowing that the owner of Gourmet's Palate Charbroiled Burgers is the Chef, I ordered the BAMBA BURGER. Wow! I'm so happy that I did because it's super delicious! PhP220.00

Roasted Tomato Soup with Gouda-wiches PhP180.00

Huevos Flamencos PhP180.00
    "Delight in every bite"
    Chorizos, ground beef, ham, chili and egg

Warm Apple Pie Crumble a la mode PhP150.00
    My favorite apple Pie is still the one my friend Ma Cristina Angela Valera Jimenez makes, but this one, for me, could be the second best. I love it! I love the vanilla ice cream too. Truly, a perfect combination.

Roasted Tomato Soup w/ Gouda-wiches Huevos Flamencos Bamba Burger <3 <3 <3 Vanilla Bean Pannacotta

Magnum Opus Fine Coffees: Probably the best coffee in town

by nixca316 Updated Sep 25, 2013

When you name something your MAGNUM OPUS, you either are full of yourself or simply sure of yourself. I believe that when Jonathan Choi (and friends) decided to name his coffee place and gallery, he was the latter.

8 out of 10 people in the south(those that have tried their coffee) choose them over all those FAMOUS brands.

I've been passing by their place without noticing it. Probably because I have very poor peripheral vision. Yet, I have been hearing about how great their coffees are.

I've read some blog entries:
    1.Jonathan's Greatest Work: Magnum Opus Fine Coffees
    2.8 Reasons why Magnus Opus Fine Coffees Should be Your Next Destination for a Caffeine Fix
    3.Magnum Opus Fine Coffees: The Art of Science and Coffee
    4.Magnum Opus Fine Coffees: Brewing Works of Art with Single Origin Specialty Coffee etc.

Finally, after a hearty dinner at Crazy Katsu, Jinkee brought me here. I had a great time.

Favorite Dish:
    Belgian Heart Breaker-I fell in love at the first sip. I took a whiff and I was blown away by the nice aroma. As I continued drinking, I knew this was now my favorite drink. Hot chocolate with two shots of espresso. From the smell, the texture and the test, I must say that it's truly heavenly!

Fudge Zilla-This is very chewy and the sweetness is just right

The HOT Belgian-This is JinkeeR's favorite. She orders this every time she visits

JinkeeR, Myself and Jonathan Choi The Hot Belgian Belgian Heartbreaker

Crazy Katsu: Breaded Pork, Sukiyaki and more

by nixca316 Updated Sep 24, 2013

OPEN : Mon~Thurs 11am~10pm Fri & Sat 11am~11pm Sun 11am~10pm

My friend was craving for their Chicken Katsu(one of their best sellers) so she invited me to tag along that rainy Wednesday evening.

She has been there before and somehow she could not get the wonderful taste of their Chicken Katsu out of her mind.

We started with their refreshingly delicious Miso Soup.

While savoring the soup and waiting for our katsus I noticed that coeds and yuppies were having fun hanging out.

Finally, our orders arrived.

At first I found the my tonkatsu to be mediocre, but when I added the Japanese mayo and the special sauce, I was transported to cloud 9. The sauce was delicious!

My friend enjoyed her Chicken Katsu and after we finished our meal, I know that it wouldn't be our last time.

Miso Soup Tonkatsu Chicken Katsu

Solaire Resort & Casino Food Court: Budget Food at Solaire Resort and Casino

by machomikemd Written Apr 3, 2013

the food court of the luxe Las Vegas Style Casino called Solaire Resort & Casino, located at Pagcor Entertainment City is included in my paranaque pages as it is located in Paranaque City!

if you feel a little bit stingy on eating good food while on a strict budget ( I know you have more moolah to spend on the gaming tables and slot machines, right!) on a gambling spree at solaire, fear not as they have a moderately priced food court inside the premises, located in the middle of the lobby alongside the slot machines. the food court houses 6 types of cuisine, offering simple meals like asian fusion, japanese, american, patisserie, chicken dishes and chinese food. prices of the meals costs 120 to 300 pesos and the drinks at 50 to 150 pesos. the selections are quite limited as they don't want to lure customers away from the more luxe restaurants inside the complex.

opens: 24/7

according to their website:

At the Food Court, the food is extraordinary, and the prices are too! Chef Hisham has created six unique dining experiences that are sure to please even the most discriminating tastes. Patisserie offers tasty pastries, muffins and coffee. New York style pizza and burgers are the inspiration behind the menu at Americano. Chicken Lickin’ delights with eight different ways to enjoy chicken. Pan Asian brings together the best comfort food in the east. Get your noodle on at Hong Kong, or satisfy your Japanese cravings at Sapporo. So many incredible choices, and with one location, you can select them all.

Favorite Dish: the dishes are simple but flavorful, they have assorted ramen dishes at 120 to 200 pesos an order, chinese pork ribs and barbecue dishes at 200 to 250 pesos an order, chicken dishes at 120 to 200 pesos an order, assorted pizza, pasta and burgers and then some.

• Business Travel
    • Casino and Gambling

Sieg's: Diner cum Bar

by machomikemd Written Apr 3, 2013

Sieg's Diner is an institution in the Dona Soledad Avenue area of Better Living Subdivision. The place is a nondescipt two storey building with a simple signboard outside and the ambiance inside is plain but it packs them crowds specially in the evenings due to the tasty meals that the diner serves like pasta's, local specialties like sizzling sisig, tapa, inihaw na pusit, international dishes like chicken teriyaki, tempura and a lot more. the place also has a separate area fro Karaoke and Bar for people who like to drink. prices here are reasonable.

Hours M, T, W, Su: 11:00AM - 1:00AM
    Th, F, Sa: 11:00AM - 2:00AM

Favorite Dish: their best sellers are the pork sisig at 220 pesos an order, the beef salpicao at 240 pesos an order, gamba's ala sieg's at 250 pesos an order and more. local beers by the bucket costs 400 pesos.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Army Navy- Burger + Burrito: Local Tex-Mex Chain (2)

by machomikemd Written Apr 3, 2013

Part two of my Amry Navy Tips with more pictures.

One of the Popular Locally Owned Tex Mex Fast Food Chain is the Army Navy- Burgers + Burrito which is a relative newbie in the mexican and tex-mex fast food scene at it was founded only in 2009 but now has more than 35 branches around the Metro Manila Area and around the Philipines! the restaurant has a military barracks type of ambiance where the restaurant is built like a galvanized iron lke quonset hut and set up with a few tables and chairs inside and outside the fast food area. the area is a typical fast food joint but there are no waiters as you order at the counter and then wait for your number to be called and have your meal after a few minutes as they cook their meals from scratch.

opens: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, everyday

Favorite Dish: they have a modest selection of meals like the bully roy burger which are priced 160 pesos for 1 patty and 200 pesos for 2 patties and 240 pesos for 3 patties. Humongous Breakfast Burritos with topping such as carne asada and longganisa at 165 to 195 pesos an order, soft and crunchy tacos at 90 to 160 pesos for single and double; starving sailort 12 inch sandwich at 235 pesos an order, fearless fried chicken at 175 pesos with rice included and a lot more. they special drink is the Libertea iced tea at 75 pesos for a large order.

enter quezadilla crunchy tacos fearless fried chicken fries

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Army Navy- Burger + Burrito: Local Tex-Mex Chain (1)

by machomikemd Written Apr 3, 2013

This will be a two part tip with more pictures of the meals

opens: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, everyday

front counter libertea starving sailor bully roy burger

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Countryside Steakhouse: Now a Popular Budget Steakhouse (2)

by machomikemd Written Apr 2, 2013

Part two of my tips with more pictures

Countryside Steakhouse started as a nondescript hole in the wall steakhouse in the City of Dasmanrinas Cavite in the 1980's and it became popular to the university and medical students of the University Town of Dasmarinas Cavite due to it's tasty and budget sizzling steaks, chicken wings and a lot more (it was my favorite as I was a medical student then in Dasmarinas Cavite) and on a revisit to BF Homes in Paranaque, I was surprised that they now have a branch here! (they now have 17 branches around Cavite Province and in Metro Manila, they are really getting popular!). Since this was my comfort food during my medical school days, I have to rekindle my love affair with this steakhouse! you see, while I am a steak connosiuer that tasted the very best of them like the grade 5 kobe beef, matzuzukaya beef, black angus beef, australian wagyu, chilean wagyu and more, I still have a liking to the local philippine steaks like sizzling plate and the countryside steakhouse which are comfort food for me!

according to their website:

It was in the year 1984 when Peter and Anita Clorina started their first restaurant on the corner of Ramirez St. and Don Placido Campos St. in Dasmariñas, Cavite. The first ever Countryside was just a typical “carinderia.”

It became a hit among students from nearby schools. Seeing this, the enterprising couple stopped serving beer and the simple “carinderia” was then converted into a fast food restaurant called Countryside Tapsi-Steak House. The new look came with a new menu, whose specialties were T-bone steak and “tapsilog.” The servings were moderate-sized and the prices ranged from budget to affordable. There was a constant demand to expand operations, so Peter and Anita decided to borrow a modest amount of funds from a livelihood co-operative. They then set up Malihan Branch in 1990, just a few blocks away from their maiden venture to cater to their ever increasing customers, still made up mostly of students.

The business also got a new name: Countryside Steakhouse and Restaurant. With five children to send to school, husband and wife took another five years before they could open their third branch. This one was located in front of De La Salle Medical Center. From that day on, in addition to the loyal patrons of students, office workers from several establishments in the area and many other customers from all walks of life came to dine and judge the signature taste for themselves. With a goal to invade the market outside their home, the entrepreneurs established their fourth branch in Imus, Cavite.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Armed with the faith that the once humble business will still go places, the couple formed Countryside into a corporation with Pete and Nitz Foods, Inc. as its corporate name. At present, every branch is continuously witnessing improvement, not only to make the actual dining setting a delight but to maintain the quality service and good taste that keep people coming back for more. Several additions have been made to the original menu and there are now PMC Countryside Steakhouse and Café and PMC Countryside Burger House (which is ready to serve 24 hours). For over 20 years, Countryside has managed to build a reputation of quality and consistency, and this is what has kept them strong in a highly competitive food service industry.

Favorite Dish: Their sizzling steaks are really cheap, my favorite sizzling porterhouse steak costs 240 pesos an order with sizzling gravy (laced with lard to make it yummy!) and fried rice. an order of sizzling chicken wings (again with gravy laced with lard) at 140 pesos an order with rice. they also have other hearty meals like the sisig, beef tapa, porksilog, longsilog, tuna steak, burger steak and more.

Hours M, T, W, Th: 10:00AM - 10:00PM
    F, Sa, Su: 10:00AM - 11:00PM

inside sizzling chicken wings sizzling t bone steak fried chicken eating

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Countryside Steakhouse: Now a Popular Budget Steakhouse (1)

by machomikemd Written Apr 2, 2013

according to their website:

The rest, as they say, is history.
    This will be a two part tip with more pictures.

Hours M, T, W, Th: 10:00AM - 10:00PM
    F, Sa, Su: 10:00AM - 11:00PM

outside iced tea menu garlic fried rice sizzling tenderloin tips

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Tito Chef Restaurant&All Things Culinary: World Class Cuisine "Just Around the Corner!"

by nixca316 Updated Oct 29, 2012

This is NOW my favorite restaurant in the area. :)

MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

From the outside it looks like just one of those other posh restaurants in the vicinity, presentable, and all that jazz, but once you enter the place, you would pinch yourself hard before you could believe you are awake. Yes. There is such a place just around the corner.

The place's ambiance is comparable to a hotel lobby(a very beautiful boutique hotel). It is clean and spacious, but often full, not just because it is fairly new, but because of the delicious, mouthwatering food, and the good service.

I can't call the service great yet, but they are getting better everyday.

One thing I know for sure is that almost everyone I know from the area is RAVING about this place.

So why not give them a visit and see for yourself? You won't regret it. While you're at it, why not check their Culinary store below too? :D I heard from the grapevine that it's also going to be a culinary studio or school.

Major Credit Cards are accepted

OPERATING HOURS
    Sunday to Thursday
    10:00am - 10:00pm

Friday and Saturday
    10:00am - 11:00pm

tito_chef@yahoo.com
    Tito Chef @FoodSpotting

Temporarily, they are not open for breakfast everyday, but they do have Great Weekend Breakfasts(launched last on AUGUST 11, 2012)!

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE BLOG ENTRIES I WROTE:

My Blog entry about Tito Chef and his resto.

No, I don't own the place!

Favorite Dish: HERE ARE MY FAVORITES:

CEDAR PLANK GRILLED SALMON: I seldom like eating salmon because of the seemingly high sodium that give me nape pains. For some reason, there are also very few restaurants/eateries that make salmon appealing to me.

How can I not love the very scintillating scent and the very, very delicious taste? Sigh. This baby got me hooked!

Another salmon "dish" melted my heart. SALMON TARTARE. It's served with melba toast, but when I order this, i order it with dinner roll so that my dentist won't scold me. LOL.

The TRUFFLED MUSHROOM SOUP PUREE is one of the best mushroom soups in town.

The CUCUMBER LIME SHAKE is very, very refreshing!

What else?

Oh, the BRAISE OX TONGUE BORDELAISE is not only nicely plated, it is also very mouthwatering.

The salads, the desserts...I could go on and on.

MY ULTIMATE FAVORITES:

BLEU CHEESE ALFREDO, BARBECUE SPARERIBS, and for dessert, it's the MACHA PRALINE TORTE.

They also offering Pot Luck and Take Away Dishes...they cater too!

Call (+632)2380968 for more details

FYI, they are more expensive than average compared to other restaurants in Parañaque, but they are about average among the great restaurants in the vicinity.

Still affordable and there's value for money. :)

This baby got me hooked! Chicken Marsala Desserts and Wines Duck Confit a l'Orange I just had to have a picture with TITO CHEF :)
    • Wine Tasting

Raaz Mahal: Punjabi Cuisine (Now closed...) :(

by nixca316 Updated Oct 14, 2012

Raaz Mahal roughly means secret palace, so I guess it means that the owners have unravelled the secret recipes of the royal family.

The restaurant does look like a palace and you would definitely not miss it when you pass Aguirre Avenue.

SCHEDULE:
    Mon - Fri: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
    Sat - Sun: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
    6:00 pm - 11:00 pm

MODE OF PAYMENT:

Cash and Major Credit Cards

-0-0-0-0-

Raaz Mahal is owned by the Arshad Family

They serve Punjabi Cuisine and is a RestoBar. (Serves Indian and Pakistani Cuisine)

Punjabi cuisine (Punjabi: ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਪਕਵਾਨ, Urdu: پنجابی پکوان) is food from the Punjab region of northwestern India and eastern Pakistan. It can be non-vegetarian or completely vegetarian. One of the main features of Punjabi cuisine is its diverse range of dishes. Home cooked and restaurant Punjabi cuisine can vary significantly, with restaurant style using large amounts of ghee, clarified butter, with liberal amounts of butter and cream, with home cooking concentrating on mainly upon preparations with whole wheat, rice and other ingredients flavored with masala. Within the Punjab region, there are different preferences. People in the area of Amritsar prefer stuffed parathas and milk products. In fact, the area is well known for quality of its milk products. There are certain dishes which are exclusive to Punjab, such as sarson da saag. The main masala in a Punjabi dish consists of onion, garlic and ginger. Tandoori food is a Punjabi speciality especially for non-vegetarian dishes. Many of the most popular elements of Anglo-Indian cuisine - such as Tandoor, Naan, Pakoras and vegetable dishes with paneer - derive from the Punjab.

Favorite Dish: Vegetable Biryani-Biryani, biriani, or beriani is a set of rice-based foods made with spices, rice (usually basmati) and meat, fish, eggs or vegetables. The name is derived from the Persian word beryā(n) (بریان) which means "fried" or "roasted".[1]
    Biryani was originated in Iran (Persia) and it was brought to South Asia by Iranian travelers and merchants. Local variants of this dish are popular not only in South Asia but also in Southeast Asia, Arabia, and within various South Asian communities in Western countries.

I love their Biryani rice...the mixed of the spices and the bite of the rice is simply Swaadish(delicious/very tasty)!

Onion and Potato Pakoras(garbanzos/chick pea batter...something like hummus in flour, potatoes, onion) with tamarind sauce...I love the combination of the pakoras and the tamarind sauce. Simply delish!

Fish Curry Just imagine the best chiken curry, but change the meat into fish. :)

Papadum or simply papad- thin and crispy flat bread served with yogurt chutney with coriander...their version simply melts in your mouth and it's very, very delicious too!

Raaz Mahal Caramel Cake (with pistachios on top)3 3 3 At first we thought this was the Gulab Jamun Celebratory Cake, but it turned out to be the Raaz Mahal Caramel Cake. The Gulab Jamun traditional celebratory desserts are roundish small sweets.

Strawberry Lassi Strawberry flavoured yogurt drink

Mutton Korma/Lamb Curry Delightful!

Sabzi simply means Vegetarian... Raaz Mahal's sabzi is mixed veggies cooked in herbs and spices. ;)

Strawberry Lassi Papadum/Papad

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Okiniiri Japanese Restaurant and Izakaya: Reasonably priced great food! Oishi!

by nixca316 Written Oct 11, 2012

There's just something about this place that would make you want to enter when you drive along Aguirre Avenue. It is very, very inviting.

Once you enter the place, you would not regret a single thing. The service is fast, without compromising the quality and taste of the food, unless the thing you order requires longer cooking.

When you start eating you would want to concentrate on the food that you eat because they are very, very mouthwatering.

Sigh.

From the simplest appetizer, to the soup, to the main dish, the desserts, and even the beverages, you would not be disapppointed.

Opens 11:00 am to 10:00 pm (Sunday to Saturday)

Major credit cards and cash are the modes of payment

Instant Answers: Paranaque

Comments

Paranaque Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Paranaque restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paranaque sightseeing.