Paranaque Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Paranaque

Toho Restaurant Antigua since 1888: Affordable AUTHENTIC Chinese Food

by nixca316 Updated Oct 24, 2011

Natalie, one of the owners of the restaurant (I don't know her Chinese name) really knows her stuff...she knows how to bake and is familiar with the traditions of her family...sometimes, she's a bit shy, but she tries her best to make everyone feel welcome in their restaurant.

It's not really a very classy restaurant, but the food's quality is great and super affordable...the servings are big and even without my mom or dad's senior citizen discount or RJ's person with disability card, we are usually happy with our bill.

The servers, well, except during an ultra busy day, they are okay. They try their best to accommodate everyone with a smile. I really could not blame them when the place is filled to the brim.

Major credit cards are accepted

Favorite Dish: Try everything! :)

• Seniors

• nixca316's Profile Photo

SinangagExpress: A satisfied tummy for less than a dollar!

by nixca316 Updated Nov 11, 2008

Tapsilog (courtesy of their archives)

Yummy food that's ultra affordable (most are less than 50 Pesos each)...it's open 24 hours!

A lot of people eat at this place during lunch time and dinner...and if one goes hungry in the middle of the night, they can visit the place and grab a bite.

Oh, they've got delivery too!

Cash basis only

Favorite Dish: Embosilog (embotido---local meat loaf, sinangag (fried rice), itlog (egg))

Pancake House: Serving Healthy food and Delectable Delights

by nixca316 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Long before Francorp handled Pancake House we loved dining at their EVERY BRANCH. The food is great and filling, and there is value for money.

This particular branch is a favorite not because of the proximity(but it is also a factor), but because of the welcoming atmosphere.

The Franchisees, The Reyes Family, decided to renovate the place and for me, it was a great decision.

They are rarely without diners and that just means that they have maintained the quality of the food.

They are also friendly to persons with disabilities and senior citizens

Favorite Dish: They now have healthy stuff and the waffles could be converted to rye or wheat.

The Southern flavors are "to die for" and of course, the different kinds of pancakes.

Gusto Trattoria Siciliana: 1st Sicilian Trattoria in town

by nixca316 Updated Feb 13, 2014

Misto della Casa

Artist Antonino "Nino" Quartana is GUSTO's Executive Chef Everything is a work of art. From every nook, cranny, utensils, paintings, rest room and of course the FOOD, are very visually appealing. The taste is superb. They are all fit to serve in a royal palace, but with the feeling of warmth of mom's home-cooked food.

Chef Nino claims that this is the first trattoria in our country. There are other places that call themselves trattorias, but maybe(hey, I hope the other owners of the other trattorie won't pull my hair) it's the first REAL trattoria. To be safe, let's just say it's the first real SICILIAN trattoria in the country.

THE FOOD WE TRIED:

♡ Complimentary focaccia and eggplant. The bread itself is so flavorful and the eggplant tastes heavenly.
    ♡ Misto Della Casa: Sun dried tomatoes, Panelle/Panella, Bread Sticks, Liver Pate, Quail Eggs with truffle oil

Everything's delicious and would make you want for more

♡Organic Duck Ragu Fettuccine ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
    Words could not describe how I felt when I ate this

♡Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia---The best black ink spaghetti I've ever tasted so far

♡Pasta alla Norma (I love the roasted eggplant and the al dente fettuccine)

♡Being in the crepe business before, I kind of missed our hazelnut(nutella) crepe. This crespella would make you forget your problems and your diet. It's so super delicious!

♡The mango mousse with pistachios on top is delectably delightful. Sounds cliche-ish, but it is! My brother Karl wanted it all to himself.

♡After our meal, Chef Nino made us choose between Limoncello and NegroAmaro. Since I've tasted Limoncello before, I chose a shot of NegroAmaro. :) I was happy with my choice.

Arrivederci GUSTO TRATTORIA SICILIANA!

Owner: Gerlando Giuliana
    11:00 am - 10:00 pm
    Tuesday to Sunday
    Cash Basis only
    They Deliver Mediterranean, Sicilian, Italian, Healthy Food into your homes (+632- 87878)

Pito and Mita: Where family and friends feel at HOME

by nixca316 Updated Jan 9, 2012

Paolo Dela Fuente and Pia Kasilag (OM and Chef)

"It is with utmost regret that we inform you all that Pito & Mita Restaurant is closing its doors effective Monday, January 16, 2012. Thank you very much for your patronage and support over the last year and a half. It has been our pleasure to serve you the way we know how.

We hope to still be able to see you before formally closing after dinner, this Sunday. We would also like to let you know that we will continue accepting food orders and small catering requests even beyond January 15. Just contact Pia Kasilag at +63917.555.3153 for any inquiries.

Thank you again for your continued support. God bless you all!" :(

Pito and Mita was conceptualized by the brother and sister tandem of Paolo Dela Fuente, who asks acts as the Operation Manager and Pia Dela Fuente-Kasilag, the chef. They too are the owners.

It is short for Papito and Mamita, terms of endearment for their parents.

The place is like "your home away from home."

I don't know about you, but no matter how great your mother is in the kitchen when you were little (well, my mom is one of the best cooks I know), whenever you eat at a neighbor's house you feel like eating at a five star restaurant. On the other hand, when you're grownup and in a foreign country, you would long for your mother's cooking.

Pito and Mita caters to both of those emotions and so much more.

It has a homey atmosphere, but the food served is like that of a five star restaurant. It's almost like "mom's cooking"too, if you catch my drift.

Taste wise, it is comparable to the best cuisines all over the world.

Besides Mediterranean dishes, they also serve Asian dishes.

They have two function rooms (1 room can accomodate 15 pax and another can accomodate 10 pax) that can be used for meetings or small get-togethers...or you can use the whole area for a mini party. :)

Operating hours:
    Lunch - 12:00 - 2:30pm
    Dinner - 6:00pm - 10pm
    EVERYDAY

Favorite Dish: Wow! I can now say that this restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in the Parañaque City area. I have been dining there almost every week. Some people even asked me if I own the place or at least, a part owner. No, I'm not. I just love the place...and of course, the food and the service. Having great caring owners adds icing to the already delicious cake!

Lately, I have been dining outside my hometown so I rarely visit this place, but they are always in my thoughts because it's really a nice and cozy place with good food to match.

Every dish that we eat mouthwatering. Just look at the pictures. I may not be a great photographer, but I must say that the food does not only look good, they really taste good too!

My favorites are the Eggplant Lasagna and the Parmesan Crusted Baked Fish.

My mom "hates" artichokes so I did not tell her that the dip was made of spinach and artichoke the first time we wen t there. She kept on dipping the melba toast and even finished it. After finishing it I finally told her that what it was made of. She couldn't believe it. It was so delectable. It's "to die for"!.

The tomato moringa dish is a great vegetarian delight.

Ok, I'm not really vegetarian, but I have made a pact not to eat beef and pork because... :)
    so that pasta dish is a welcome treat.

They also have cakes and other items I have yet to try.

Every week they have specials that you could look forward to.

Last Friday, 29 July 2011, they launched Pito's originals (recipes he inherited from his ancestors).

So what are you waiting for?

Come visit them at 176 Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes, Parañaque City!

They also have delivery (87878) and as of late, they accept major credit and debit cards.

;)

Flavours of China: Not heavy on the pocket

by nixca316 Written Jan 15, 2007

Flavours of China backdrop =)

My mom and I are not always liquid, but we have some money stored somewhere out there ;p. We're very fortunate to have credit cards, but not all places that we love to eat at have this service.

The last time I checked, at SM Sucat, there are only six(6) food establishments that offer this service (Starbucks, Max's Fried Chicken, Red Ribbon, Pizza Hut, _____ and Flavours of China) We only frequent three because of the service (Flavours of China, Max's and Pizza Hut) so let me talk about one of them first.

Flavours of China is one of our favorites not because it's so posh or anything, but because the service is great. Usually, when a food establishment in our country allows credit cards, the prices are way up to the heavens.

This place however is friendly to the pocket. The food is yummy and when you're so used to eating at Greenbelt where almost everything is pricey, it's a welcome treat to find out that the same amount of food gobbled at Greenbelt costs much, much less here.

They have no service charge so it's up to you to give a very gracious or generous tip. They deserve that after all.

You shouldn't discount the fact that my brother RJ, an autistic savant (and one of his talents is to "detect" good food), likes it here too.

Yet, if you're expecting to taste authentic Chinese food, GO SOME PLACE ELSE. So even if I love it there, I'm just giving it a rating of four. I'm also ONLY rating THIS BRANCH (SM Sucat). As for the other branches, I have nothing to say about them yet. \

Flavours of China is the sister of the Tempura Restaurant (I'll write about its ATC branch one of these days) and they have branches at some malls all over Metro Manila and some provinces.

Favorite Dish: The fried noodles and the steamed fish...I also love the siopao (steamed meat roll) and the dimsum...they also serve free prawn crackers (which we forgo because we're allergic to prawns and its cousins)

By the way, most of the dishes can be shared....wow, and for very affordable prices even!

Oh and SM Advantage Card Holders and Prestige Card Holders (like us) get free Pot Stickers for a minimum purchase of P300.00 =) Yum, yum, yum!

Cielin's Cakehouse: The talk of the town

by nixca316 Updated Jun 24, 2012

When this Cakehouse opened a few years ago I thought it was going to be just another bakeshop. Baking and Churning are my specialties so I am very, very critical of those people who claim that they can bake moist cakes and pastries, but do not meet my expectations.

The time I was able to walk in this Cakehouse, I was not disappointed at all. They may not be designer cakes, but the quality of their cakes, bread, and pastries are world class.

Favorite Dish: Moist Chocolate Cake
    Crinkles
    Chocolate Chips
    Cheese Tarts
    etc.

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Gourmet's Palate: Charbroiled burgers never tasted this good!

by nixca316 Updated Jan 26, 2014

Blue Thunder ♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥♥ ☆ ♥

Note: I am keeping this because the place has good memories...they are quitting while they are ahead because the owners wants to rest. Maybe they also want to focus on BAMBA. Whatever their reasons are, I want to say thank you for all the good food, laughter and all.

We looooooove it here. The price is just right and the food, wow! The burgers, the sauces, the shawarma, the dimsum, the rice toppings...wow!

Gourmet's Palate is a cozy place where you and your friends can meet. If you smoke, you can "dine al fresco"---heheheh...if you don't, then you can enjoy the small air conditioned dining "room". I call it a room because it can only serve around 20 people, more or less.

The only sad thing about this place is that it doesn't accept plastic money or travelers cheques. However, since the price is soooooo affordable, you wouldn't mind paying in cash.

BTW, they bake great cakes (and you can order cakes with different designs too) and the bread they use for the burgers is from their "original" homegrown recipe!

They do offsite catering too (they have a wider variety of choices!)

Attire: Casual

Favorite Dish:

Blue Thunder (charbroiled burger)
    Garlic Scream (charbroiled burger)
    Mushroom Melt (charbroiled burger)
    Food for the gods
    Moist Chocolate Cake
    Super Burito
    Beef Shawarma
    Nachos (with all the toppings)

Their sauces are to die for

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Tito Chef Restaurant&All Things Culinary: World Class Cuisine "Just Around the Corner!"

by nixca316 Updated Oct 29, 2012

This baby got me hooked!

This is NOW my favorite restaurant in the area. :)

MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

From the outside it looks like just one of those other posh restaurants in the vicinity, presentable, and all that jazz, but once you enter the place, you would pinch yourself hard before you could believe you are awake. Yes. There is such a place just around the corner.

The place's ambiance is comparable to a hotel lobby(a very beautiful boutique hotel). It is clean and spacious, but often full, not just because it is fairly new, but because of the delicious, mouthwatering food, and the good service.

I can't call the service great yet, but they are getting better everyday.

One thing I know for sure is that almost everyone I know from the area is RAVING about this place.

So why not give them a visit and see for yourself? You won't regret it. While you're at it, why not check their Culinary store below too? :D I heard from the grapevine that it's also going to be a culinary studio or school.

Major Credit Cards are accepted

OPERATING HOURS
    Sunday to Thursday
    10:00am - 10:00pm

Friday and Saturday
    10:00am - 11:00pm

tito_chef@yahoo.com
    Tito Chef @FoodSpotting

Temporarily, they are not open for breakfast everyday, but they do have Great Weekend Breakfasts(launched last on AUGUST 11, 2012)!

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE BLOG ENTRIES I WROTE:

My Blog entry about Tito Chef and his resto.

No, I don't own the place!

Favorite Dish: HERE ARE MY FAVORITES:

CEDAR PLANK GRILLED SALMON: I seldom like eating salmon because of the seemingly high sodium that give me nape pains. For some reason, there are also very few restaurants/eateries that make salmon appealing to me.

How can I not love the very scintillating scent and the very, very delicious taste? Sigh. This baby got me hooked!

Another salmon "dish" melted my heart. SALMON TARTARE. It's served with melba toast, but when I order this, i order it with dinner roll so that my dentist won't scold me. LOL.

The TRUFFLED MUSHROOM SOUP PUREE is one of the best mushroom soups in town.

The CUCUMBER LIME SHAKE is very, very refreshing!

What else?

Oh, the BRAISE OX TONGUE BORDELAISE is not only nicely plated, it is also very mouthwatering.

The salads, the desserts...I could go on and on.

MY ULTIMATE FAVORITES:

BLEU CHEESE ALFREDO, BARBECUE SPARERIBS, and for dessert, it's the MACHA PRALINE TORTE.

They also offering Pot Luck and Take Away Dishes...they cater too!

Call (+632)2380968 for more details

FYI, they are more expensive than average compared to other restaurants in Parañaque, but they are about average among the great restaurants in the vicinity.

Still affordable and there's value for money. :)

Guernica's Tapas Bar & Restaurant: Spanish Food at Barangay BF Homes

by nixca316 Updated Jan 26, 2014

New location(just diagonally across the street):

SM City Sucat Branch
    Ground Floor,
    SM City Sucat Building B,
    Dr. A. Santos Ave.Sucat,
    Paranaque City 1700

Facebook Page

The description was written about the branch at Santana Grove:

I'm a "hopeless" romantic and I must say this place is an ideal "date" place for me. If someone pops "the question" here, I "might" say yes. Haha.

Yes, there are those that look more posh than this, but this place is very, very cozy.

The minute you arrive you feel like you are transported into another country and at times, there's live music you can enjoy too.

They also have an array of the finest wines you can choose from and the service is great too!

All major credit cards are accepted

Operating time:
    Mall hours -10:00am to 9:00pm

Favorite Dish: The Tapas Sampler

Gustos de Tanguigue

Patatas a la Catalan

Lengua Estofada

Callos a la Madrilena

Mejillones y Almejas Horneados En Su Concha

Pavo con Patatas y Setas (Turkey with Potatoes and Mushrooms)

Cordero Asado (Roast Lamb)

Bon Chon Pergola and SM City BF: More than just the famous chicken

by nixca316 Updated Mar 10, 2014

Honey Citrus Seafood Platter

Bon Chon is a fastfood chain that specializes on crispy chicken, but they also cater to the seafood loving crowd.

The taste of their food and sauces are uniquely their own and almost everyone, if not everyone has a smile on his or her face before leaving.

The food is also very, very affordable.

The place is very clean and the servers are very courteous.

Munch Punch Page
    BonChon's Facebook Page

SM City BF Parañaque is open from 10am to 10pm
    The Pergola Branch is open during mall hours

Mongkok, Santana Grove: Affordable Yummy Chinese Food

by nixca316 Updated Aug 19, 2010

We used to have this "posh" resto somewhere in Makati and we had lots and lots of customers. Among other reasons, our resto kind of went "down" when Greenbelt 2 and 3 opened and when Mongkok Dimsum and Noodles invaded the place.

I know our fusion restaurant cannot be compared to this fast food type resto, but somehow, this resto has a captured market.

The office goers love it there because it's clean and they have good service. It's easy on the pocket too.

They are all over the metropolis now and I'm glad they have a branch nearby (Santana Grove).

around 150-500 Pesos per person (not bad, right?)

=)

Favorite Dish: Dimsum and the noodles! =)

• mikoykoy's Profile Photo

Max's Fried Chicken: When it's Max's, it's Fried Chicken

by mikoykoy Written Sep 13, 2006

Logo

Located corner of Roxas Boulevard and Guarra Street in Baclaran, this is the location of the first Max's Restaurant (which also house its corporate office).

Second floor of the building is usually reserved for functions (birthdays, debut, weddings) for exclusivity of the occasions.

Last time I visited the place, they now have live performers/singers.

I heard this branch is open 24 hours.

Favorite Dish: Fried chicken - sarap (delicious) to the bones
    Fresh lumpiang ubod (coconut meat spring roll)

South Dynasty: Yummy Chinese Delights

by nixca316 Updated Oct 8, 2011

The food is great and inexpensive.

This used to be a restaurant where simplicity is bliss. They are temporarily just offering services for food orders, delivery, and catering.

I assure you, they would not disappoint your impeccable or discriminating taste.

Cheers!

Favorite Dish: Pata Tim

Cold Cuts

The different fish dishes

Noodles

Soup

etc.

note: Right now they are just into catering and delivery (they are still thinking if they should still open the restaurant again because they are already very successful in those two "fields")

• mikoykoy's Profile Photo

Dampa Fresh Food: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by mikoykoy Written May 1, 2006

Dampa (or Fresh Food as famously known ) will surely set your diet aside.

Marvel the variety of seafoods available inside the wet market. King crabs, lobster, tiger prawns, oyster, mussels, varieties of fish, seaweeds are items to choose from. Pork and chicken are also available. You can either buy these items and have them cook by restaurants settled around the market or if you wish to just stay inside the restaurant you can let the staff do the buying on your behalf. One of the famous restaurant is in Dampa is Sharmila . Cooking charge start from P40

Since the original location can longer accommodate the number of restaurant, Boracay Sea food complex was also established to allow other businessmen to set up his own restaurant around the area. Julie's Restaurant is one of the most visited in this complex.

Favorite Dish: Kinilaw na Bariles (Tuna sauced in vinegar), Roasted Porkchop. Baked tahong

Instant Answers: Paranaque

Comments

Paranaque Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Paranaque restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paranaque sightseeing.