Paranaque Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Paranaque

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Not Everyone Who Helps Really Help!

by cyndymc Updated Jun 4, 2009

Because there are so many people in Baclaran during Novena Day (Wednesdays), I sometimes find it difficult to breathe. One time when I heard mass with my mother, I fainted. People rushed to help my mother attend to me. Some were kind enough to fan my face, some offered water, others helped hold my mother's hands as she knelt to examine me.

After I recovered consciousness, we went to have a snack because my mother thought I must have fainted due to hunger... Only then did she realize, she no longer had her wristwatch! We thought, someone who helped hold her hand must have gotten it.

Fortunately, nothing was picked from her bag.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Pickpockets!

by cyndymc Written Jun 4, 2009

Churchgoers in Baclaran are not 100% devotees of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Some have other hidden agenda, to take advantage of devotees who pray with their eyes closed, or leave their bags unattended.

My sister-in-law experienced catching an old woman's hand probing into her pants' pocket. When caught, the old woman pleaded not to be reported to the police, and recited a litany of her life's woes. My sister-in-law was about to have pity on her, but the other churchgoers told her that the old woman was a familiar face in the police detachment; she was a recidivist.

Always be alert of people beside you, especially those who pretend to bump into you...and if you can help it, pray with your eyes open.

• nixca316's Profile Photo

When in public places and public transports

by nixca316 Updated Jun 15, 2008

Hey, Paranaque is generally a peaceful place, but once in a while those bozos, you know, those gangs, syndicates and whoever else that has a twisted brain out there, have these techniques:

1)In the market, mall or wherever else...They'd drop their wallet and money will spill all over. You'll bend to help them, then while doing so, the accomplice will see what he/she could get from you

2)Whenever you're inside a jeepney, an FX Mega Taxi, bus etc., don't use your hightech gadgets please...in a matter of seconds, someone might grab them from you

3)Don't sleep in public transports when you're alone...

It's better to be safe than sorry, right?

=)

• mikoykoy's Profile Photo

Pickpockets

by mikoykoy Written Sep 7, 2006

Beware of pickpockets in Baclaran especially on Wednesdays because there are many devotees who are visiting the shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help. Redemptorist road is full of people and be sure to secure your wallets and handbags.

Instant Answers: Paranaque

Comments

Paranaque Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Paranaque warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paranaque sightseeing.