Pililla Travel Guide

our house from the balcony
    my cousin, Ariel in deep thought
    old and priceless

Pililla Things to Do

my cousin, Ariel in deep thought

by anne_vdns Written Mar 7, 2005

Being an ols soul (as confirmed by Cousin's friend), I love everything that is beaming with history & culture. That's why, I am very much fond of our old church and everything in it.

The new parish mortuary is something new in town. It is newly renovated but has maintained it's vintage character.

• Architecture

old and priceless

by anne_vdns Written Feb 2, 2005

The house is believed to be as old as the church. And just like the church, it survived several renovations. The house is made of adobe, hence the term - Bahay na Bato (house made of stone).

My cousins tell me that we can have a tour inside the house for free and the caretakers are very accommodating. I have to check it out for myself though.

During childhood, urban legend has it that this house is flocked with spirits and ghosts, because it's often abandoned. But now, the owner have seen to it's restoration and added to this small town's treasures, bless him.

• Architecture

the church's bell tower

by anne_vdns Updated Jan 25, 2005

The church is more than 400 years old. Built in 1572 under the supervision of franciscan priests. The first church was built made of bamboo and cogon. Numerous renovations was made in the past four decades. Antique saint statues are some of the church's treasures. The church serves as the town peoples sanctuary during World War II. The church remain dear to devoted Catholics in this town which is about 70% of its population.

Pililla Restaurants

• Dining Area 2 more images

by jsiasoco Updated Jul 17, 2009

The restaurant is situated on top of the mountain ranges overlooking Laguna bay. Everything you see is green which makes the place very refreshing.

Favorite Dish: Here are some of their specialties: Bicol express, native tinolang manok cooked with coconut meat, bulalo and sinigang na hipon.

• Eco-Tourism

at Bulawan, Jan 2, '05

by anne_vdns Updated Jan 17, 2005

Food here is guaranteed fresh since the location is in the province. Very provincial setting. Perfect for long serious conversations.

Service is a little slow, though. Because they cook/prepare it once you order the food.

Insects are a main problem because the restaurant is built atop the lake.

Favorite Dish: Inihaw (grilled) platter

• Pililla Hotels

0 Hotels in Pililla

Pililla Shopping

• anne_vdns's Profile Photo
    shot from outside the store

by anne_vdns Written Jan 25, 2005

The shop is owned by my cousin and offers a wide variety of woodworks made rom Paete. Laguna. Proudly Philippine-made.

What to buy: wind chimes
    wooden calendars (the ones you can re-arrange the dates according to month)
    decorative wall hangs
    wood baskets painted with flowers
    towel racks
    napkin holders
    wooden ladels
    key holders
    dissc racks
    wall clocks
    stools

What to pay: wind chimes - 50 Pesos (small), 150 Pesos (big)
    wooden calendars - 700 Pesos
    wooden ladels - 60 Pesos
    key holders - 50 Pesos
    disc racks - 450 Pesos
    wall clocks - 300 Pesos
    stools - 150 Pesos (small), 300 Pesos (big)

Pililla Local Customs

• anne_vdns's Profile Photo
    my uncle doing the honors of chopping the lechon

by anne_vdns Written Mar 20, 2005

Every Filipino gathering is never without a lechon. Pork roasted in flaming coals and served crispy or with lechon sauce.

In our family, every gathering – wedding, birthday, anniversary, baptism or the yearly family reunion is never without a lechon. As soon as the buffet is opened, we would all grab our plates and line up first for our helping of the lechon. Of course we all preferred the crispy pork skin. Yummy!!! But careful here… this truly delicious delight is a “no-no-no” for people with a high cholesterol level, it might trigger something fatal. Like they always say, everything is best in moderation.

The traditional lechong pinoy!

Pililla Favorites

church interior

by anne_vdns Written Jan 25, 2005

Favorite thing: The Sunday mass celebrations are one of the reasons I go home. Mass schedule are as follows :

Monday to Saturday : 6:00 am
    Sunday : 6:30 am, 8:00 am and 6:00 pm

Mass offerings and special mass can be arranged through the parish office.

Fondest memory: My parents were married here. I was baptised here and so as my sister & my brother.

Instant Answers: Pililla

Comments

Pililla Travel Guide
Map of Pililla