Tanay Things to Do

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Go See Majestic Daranak Falls

by cyndymc Updated Feb 6, 2009

Main Daranak Falls

Have a joy ride from Manila and go to Daranak Falls, known as one of the most beautiful natural formations of the Philippines. After witnessing Daranak Falls' enchanting beauty at the foot of Tanay mountain, I guarantee you'll feel so envigorated and ecstatic. My husband and I were so ecstatic after actually seeing the two Daranak Falls (the majestic "big one" which is 14 meters high, and an equally beautiful veil-like smaller falls), hearing them roar as they cascade down the catch basin, feeling the mist kiss our faces..'twas an unforgetable experience!

• Adventure Travel
    • Mountain Climbing

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Climb Uphill And Be Enchanted by Batlag Falls

by cyndymc Written Feb 6, 2009

Main Batlag Falls

We reached Batlag Falls by foot from Daranak Falls. We opted to cross the makeshift wooden bridge instead of wading through the river to reach the other side of the mountain. Since Batlag Falls is in a private property, we had to pay another P20/person to be allowed access to the compound. Then, we walked uphill through a paved slope until we reached the concrete stairs leading further up. At the end of the stairs, I was surprised to see a desolate-looking park with cottages that have seen better days. At the right end,I noticed portalets which looked new. There were no directional signs at all, and overgrown bushes made it difficult for us to see where to go next to reach the falls. We were really at a loss, but we could hear the roar of the falls, so we thought it couldn't be that far.

We finally discovered the stairs leading down to the sound of the falls. As we descended, I couldn't help but gasp at such enchanting sight of so many beautiful catch basins,pools and streams. The feeling was like getting lost, then finding a paradise. The falls was already in sight,but there were no paved paths nor small bridges leading to it. We had to wade through the cold waters and traverse wet,slippery soil and rocks. Fortunately, there were a lot of stones/rocks, fallen logs and exposed roots of trees that helped make it easier for us to wade and walk.

I couldn't help but stop often, not to rest, but to take pictures of catch basins, cascading waters, clear pools and streams, beautifully gnarled trees and interesting plants. It's such an awesome sight, I couldn't even think of words to describe them.

Just like Daranak Falls,there are two falls in Batlag- the majestic main falls which is big and wider, and a smaller veil-like one that is equally beautiful! This is one place I'll never forget. There is so much positive energy in the area, very healing to the mind and body. I wouldn't mind getting lost again in a place like this.

• Adventure Travel
    • Mountain Climbing

• StefanosS's Profile Photo

Daranak Waterfalls

by StefanosS Updated Nov 15, 2006

Daranak waterfalls, Tanay, Rizal

About 65 km far from Metro Manila center (Rizal park), near Tanay, you can find the Daranak Falls, 14 meters high. It is a government-owned park and is located at Bgy. Tandang Kutyo at the foot of the Tanay mountains. It is a refreshing area, with natural vegetation, ponds and streams cascading through rocks, complemented with a recreation area of nipa huts and a cafe-restaurant overlooking the falls. At the time of my visit there was no entrance fee, as the area was under reconstruction.

Follow the main road from Manila to Morong, Tanay and Pililla (Manila East Road). On the 57th km there is a cross-road with two gasoline stations (Shell and Flying V), turn left following the signs to Sampaloc straight uphill for about 4-5km. You will find a big sign pointing left to Daranak Falls. You have to drive for about 3km more and you will arrive at the parking area of Daranak at the end of this road. Although, the last kilometer needs an off-road car (like a jeep type or farmers' type).

Many movies and adv clips use this place for shooting.

• National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Tanay

Comments

Tanay Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Tanay things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tanay sightseeing.