Romblon Things to Do

• Things to Do
    by thermopilas
  • Coconut ice candy, i think this kid likes it.
    Coconut ice candy, i think this kid...

Most Recent Things to Do in Romblon

Ice candy

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

Coconut ice candy, i think this kid likes it.

Ice candies can be found all over the country not just Romblon. I think. Flavors include coconut, mango, cantaloupe, etc. Condensed milk is mix with the diced, chop, or scraped fruit. It's siphoned on a cellophane. Then put in the freezer. Think of it as the Filipino version of a popsicle.

Sarsa

by thermopilas Updated Dec 3, 2005

One of my favorite food which is I think only can be found in Romblon because I've ask Filipinos from other provinces and they have never heard of this dish.. Sarsa is made from coconut with chilis and very tiny shrimps caught in the river/streams. It is wrap in a coconut leaf and then boiled. When I go to Romblon, I always eat this. I ask my relatives and friends to watch out for people who sell this. They usually just go around town and yells, "Sarsa, sarsa, sarsa." Hmmm, can't wait to go back and eat this again, with rice of course. :)

by thermopilas Written Dec 3, 2005

Lambiyong

Lambiyong are small fish, can be eaten either boiled with I think some vinegar. But I like them fried. With rice, of course. :).

Instant Answers: Romblon

Comments

Romblon Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Romblon things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Romblon sightseeing.