Saint Bernard Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Saint Bernard

Big Fish 'Tuna'

by namiewa Updated Jan 18, 2008
    this is it

Favorite thing: See, this is my home town i grown up in here and now I’d love to visit every time if i can. Well, anyway every time i came visit here i took pictures not that good but still i can use it as one of the pictures i posted here. My town is the biggest part of St. Bernard, lots of people live here but mostly the way they can get income is to catch fish small or big fish. So if they catch big fish they sure clean it yet before they sell it at the markets which mean you'll be able to see them how they're going to do it and not to mention you can take pictures too.

Fondest memory: I'll always love to visit here even though there's not much to tour but to the place you'd like since kid would keep calling you. And I am talking those beaches, rivers, falls etc.. Every time you visit each corner of this town you sure can take a good picture which will remind you the old days has to pass by. Also those kids calling your name and asking where you heading at that it seems they know you and those sweet innocent smiles of them are really cute.

Guinsaugon Cross

by namiewa Written Nov 28, 2007

Favorite thing: Going to the place where the mudslides happen here in Saint Bernard is the thing your heart feels like someone squeezes it. I really cant explain what I felt when I visit this place with my sisters and friends. You’ll see this tall cross beside the river where you will go to across it before walking the huge area of the town that buried the whole place. But before entering the area you need to sign your name first at the Army book for incase. Because of the disaster where the entire place buried this cross represent that many people died in this area. From here you need to walk like 5 minutes to the main area of the place.

Fondest memory: Reminds of what happen on that day that killed hundreds of people.

Climb and Jump into 'd Water

by namiewa Updated Nov 28, 2007

with cousins n' friends!

Favorite thing: This Mangrove three is where you can climb and jump into the water with your friends together? YES together! As we are real closed to the ocean each town had their beaches except those towns in the mountains. The place where I constantly go with my friends when I was a teenager is this one and only Sabang in Saint Bernard. Here the water was mixed water from ocean and water from river come simultaneously and gives to people have fun from swimming and playing in the nook.

Fondest memory: since i was a teenager i used to go here with my friends and mostly people come in this area to have fun from swimming etc. But now, its all changed they prefer to go swimming near of their houses as you walk like 20 mintues to get in Sabang beach.

• Study Abroad

1st Alumni Homecoming 1951-2007

by namiewa Updated Aug 5, 2007

batch '79 (not born at this year yet!)lol

Favorite thing: The teachers together with some older people in Himbangan Elementary School organized a homecoming for all those who graduated at this school from 1951 to 2007. The first school in our area of Saint Bernard So. Leyte who planned and done like this which is totally awesome. So start from this year 2007 Alumni Homecoming will be celebrate every year of July 14th one whole funny day at the school and whole night disco. It start of a mass then after a parade for all the former students, lunch with your batch in your booth and the best part is the contest or shall we call parlor games. Big party night at school time for everyone to dance and then to crown the Alumni King and Queen and it lasted ‘til 2 am in the morning.

Fondest memory: It was really great to be back home plus the alumni is really fantastic. I have seen many older people that time who attend the alumni. Everyone has each booth and foods it was totally fun I am like going to this booth coz people who know me call to eat lunch and I am like ‘no thank you I will just take a picture of you guys’ then go back to my batch cute booth. See looking of those people whom you haven’t seen yet were totally cool I am like who’s this people? Are they from my home town?. But well I know they graduate in my place. So here start the parlor game which is really crazy and funny! Older people vs those younger one as long you know the game hit it there!. We also have a contest for the muse and prince charming to raise the batch banner. Its batch has a banner represent what year you graduated. Luckily I didn’t win but I am having fun everyone where shouting trying to chair their muse to win that game my classmates were like laughing at me coz I want my partner to raise it up am not good of it!..Then here comes the night time to shake our booty every one enjoyed it more the less every one were drunk hahaha. I am like going to my sis batch or friends’ batch then back to our table but I end up dancing with the batch 91’ “my sister Miya’s batch” coz they are jolly! And some of them were my closed friends. So I am hoping I can attend next year alumni.

• Festivals
    • School Holidays

Easter Sunday in the Beach

by namiewa Written Jun 23, 2006

huge ocea and sunny day !

Favorite thing: I cant think of anyone who doesn’t look forward to summer time. Summer is many things to many people. For some it is a season of friendship nurturing the old and making new ones. Its during this hot hot months when endless gimmicks are planned from beach trips, sleep over, watching movie, and bonding gigs etc. For me its also the best time to discover other part of places in your country or other part of the country. Well, I spend mine with full of laughter. With your family and friends around! Wow! Wish it still summer.

Fondest memory: Mostly people here celebrate their Easter Sunday at the beach, simple and fun. We dont have egghunt here but everyone is having fun for their own way of celebrating the holiday. You'll find mostly kids swimming around am not kid already but as i love swimming so here i am hahaha while the older people are just keep talking and drinking.

• Sailing and Boating

Before Sunrise

by namiewa Written May 9, 2006

view before sunrise

Favorite thing: Here’s the view before sunrise in my home town. As you can see its still dark but at the back of the mountain is starting the day light. Maybe if there is no mountain you’ll see the sunrise at the horizon. Here you’ll see the sunrise on top of the mountain. Well, even that? You’ll still find really great sunrise we have there. But at this time lets talk about before sunrise. The view is fascinating the color and the clouds appear really nice. But if you are a first timer at this place and waiting for sunrise? You’ll hardly recognize where the sun comes out. Though you’ll see some part of the area had this light from sun that you’ll think that the sun will comes out here but not at that area.

Fondest memory: This place is far from the city. I use to live here when i was a kid a study of elementary and high'ol. But at that time i had noticed that we had such nice view before sunrise here as i get up early when i was a kid and go to the sea then go swimming. I missed that!

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Saint Bernard

Comments

Saint Bernard Favorites

Reviews and photos of Saint Bernard favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Bernard sightseeing.

View all Saint Bernard hotels