Lankayan Island Things to Do
1. All sorts of diving/exploring dive sites- muck diving, wreck diving etc
3. Brisk walking by the beach
5. Taking up the challenge to walk round the island
7. Improving your photographing skill by taking pictures
8. Read book at the sound of waves
9. A nap on the hammock
10. Watching sunrise and sunset
11. Tour around the island vegetation, army and police base and hydroponics
t reatment system
12. A visit to the watch tower to see the whole island (provide telescope?)
13. Learning more about conservation and marine life (Reef Guardian Centre)
14. Play beach soccer and volley ball
15. Play dart
16. Watching turtle nesting or hatching turtles (if visitors are lucky)
17. Eat great meals
19. Enjoy observing blacktip sharks and smalls fishes from the jetty.
20. BBQ by the sunset bar (with prior arrangement)
21. Socialize with resort residence and other guest
22. Watch TV in the TV room. (since we have TV, why not provide a karaoke facilities as well)
23. Leisure swimming by the beach
24. Play board games such as scrabble and monopoly (need to request from reception)
25. Surf the internet
Lankayan Island Restaurants
All meals throughout the the trip were serve in buffet style...You can eat as much as you can! The foods were not that good though..it was great!..i miss the grilled fish, the butter shrimps and baked sweet butter potatoes...i even miss the spaghetti with meatballs because i don';t really fancy spaghetti that much, but when i tasted the one in Lankayan..damn it was good... the great view of the beach and seas plus the sound of crashing waves just add to the ambience...
Favorite Dish: As mentioned..love the fresh seafood..especially grilled fish and butter shrimps..those were the top in my list..
Lankayan Island Transportation
Book a flight to Kota Kinabalu International Airport and from there take a flight to Sandakan.. If possible take the earliest flight at 7am from Kota Kinabalu so you could catch the daily boat transfer from sandakan Jetty at 10am.. if not, you have to spent a night in any accomodation in Sandakan, however i recommend you Sepilok Nature Resort, somewhere close to nature and near to the famous Orang Utan Sanctuary. The boat transfer would take one and a half hour to reach Lankayan Island..once you reach lankayan island, you can travel anywhere in the island by foot..:)
Lankayan Island What to Pack
Luggage and bags: A back pack will do..
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bring your beach wear, short pants and t-shirts and sandals, swimming suits or bikinis, if you do diving and own a scuba suit..u can bring them along..but the resorts has some for rentals too..
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring inset repellents just in case..we do get sand flies..but it's bearable..oh.don;t forget your sun-blocked lotion
Photo Equipment: Remember to bring your digi cam and video cam and have fun taking lots and lots of pictures...
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: You could bring along your jogging shoe..
Miscellaneous: Most of all, just bring yourself..!