Botolan Warnings and Dangers

Fragile Part of Crater Wall
  • Warning Sign Re: Soil Erosion Due To Noise
    Warning Sign Re: Soil Erosion Due To...
    Going Down To The Crater Shore Is Easier

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Botolan

Use Shortcut Trail With Caution

by cyndymc Written Jan 1, 2010

There has been so much controversy about the Skyway and the shortcut trail to Mt. Pinatubo crater. Even the Department of Tourism has issued a disclaimer re: accidents that may occur as a result of using the shortcut.

To be sure about your safety, use the Skyway and shortcut only during dry season, NEVER during the rainy season... But with climate change, rains can occur even during dry season, so be extra cautious and check the weather advisories before you push through with your trip.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

185 Steps Down To Crater Lake Shore!

by cyndymc Written Jan 1, 2010

After the long, bumpy ride and challenging trek up to Mt. Pinatubo Crater Lake Park, I thought it was the end of our "exercie". I didn't realize our tour group would have lunch at the cottage by the shore, and that meant going down the 185 steps. The steps are jokingly called "American-size steps" because each step is wide and high, maybe easy to climb for one with big legs, but quite streanous to average-size Filipinos. Going down wasn't that difficult, but going up was something else!

I suggest that you rest after each flight and enjoy the view or take some pictures so your legs wouldn't be very strained. Continous climb could lead to palpitations and/or tendonitis.

Going Down To The Crater Shore Is Easier Going Down To The Crater Shore Going Down To The Crater Shore Climbing Up To The Park Is Harder My Daughter, Pausing To Enjoy The Sights
    • Eco-Tourism

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Erosion of Fragile Part of Pinatubo Crater Wall!

by cyndymc Updated Jan 1, 2010

While walking around the Mt. Pinatubo Crater Lake grounds, I noticed signs that said: "No shouting please...Noise can cause soil erosion". Curious, I asked (in the vernacular) some Aeta girls who asked me to take their pictures if there were still parts of the crater that cave in or erode. They pointed to me the part of the crater wall which their grandparents warned them about. I also asked our guide about it, and he pointed to me the the same part of the crater wall that is most fragile.

Everytime I heard people screaming as they frolicked in the grounds or shore, I felt quite edgy, afraid that their echoing laughter and screams might cause erosion... As tourists, I believe we should be responsible enough to heed warning signs wherever we go; luck can't be always at our side..

Fragile Part of Crater Wall Warning Sign Re: Soil Erosion Due To Noise
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Botolan

Comments

Botolan Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Botolan warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Botolan sightseeing.