Places to eat in Province of Zambales

Most Viewed Restaurants in Province of Zambales

• master_oj's Profile Photo

Carinderya: Carinderya- filipino native canteen

by master_oj Written Oct 8, 2008

Out of curiosity, we went to Capones Island without bringing any packed lunch or something similar. We were expecting to find a local resto with rustic ambiance but no. All that we can find was several carinderya. Carinderya is a filipino word meaning canteen. They offer a handful of viands (home-cooked meals) and of course cooked rice, which we Filipino's can't live without =). The price ranges from 10 - 30 pesos (less than $1) depending on the viand plus 5 pesos for a cup of cooked rice. It was a very exciting experience but not I guess for our balikbayan guests. You can't afford to be "sossy/choosy" or else you'll starve to death.

Favorite Dish: I love home-cooked meals especially native dishes. You can't find it in any star-studded restaurants. Experience basic living and eating typical yet delicious Pinoy food. If this is not your stuff, then just bring your own baon =)

waiting for our order

• f8stop's Profile Photo

NO RESTAURANTS!: Fresh Seafood for Sale

by f8stop Written Mar 14, 2008

There are no restaurants in Anawangin. You may opt to bring various canned goods and instant foods to spare yourself from cooking. Otherwise, you may test your culinary skills and cook up a feast. Don't expect any cooking equipment or ingredients to be available in Anawangin. It is best to bring your own.

However, sometimes fishermen dock by the cove to sell their fresh catch. We were able to buy 1 small octopus (for P90 or less than 2 USD) and 3 fish (for P120 or about 3 USD). I didn't eat a bite of the octopus but my friends say it tasted good. The fish itself tasted OK, I think it was a little of the cooking that I didn't like. (I don't think seafood is my friend's specialty)

I think it's also a good idea to bring something easy to cook like eggs or maybe something cooked already so you can just reheat it if you wish. We brought "pork adobo" (pork marinated in garlic, soysauce, pepper and vinegar). This dish does not spoil easily even if not refrigerated.

soon-to-be dinner
    • Camping

• kakaroo's Profile Photo

Uncle Kees: Sizzling Sisig

by kakaroo Written Jun 11, 2007

You can stop by this local eatery before going to the beach site. You just need to wait for the food to be prepared. And it is also cheapo here.

Favorite Dish: Of course try the sisig.

Province of Zambales Hotels

13 Reviews - 93 Photos
Silanguin Island Hotels
San Felipe Hotels

Instant Answers: Province of Zambales

Comments

Province of Zambales Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Province of Zambales restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Province of Zambales sightseeing.
Map of Province of Zambales