Subic Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Subic

• IamPam's Profile Photo

Giusie's: An unexpected turn

by IamPam Written Apr 30, 2011
    In front of the restaurant

Right across SBMA Remy field is a restaurant called Giusie's. I believe it started as a sports bar but then evolved into something better. The location can be a bit tricky because the restaurant is facing a field oval so if you're not a jogger or you don't happen to look around the field when you're passing by you might miss this.

Anyway, I was with my friends when I first tried this and I must say that this is one great find. We ordered something familiar since we are first timers so as we'll know how to rate this in terms of taste.

We ordered their Bolognese, Four Cheese Pizza, Fish and Chips and for dessert...Ice cream cake! They have hefty servings so one order of this could feed atleast three people so not bad. We enjoyed all the food that we ordered especially their thin crust pizza. Though the ice cream cake could use a little bit more presentation. When we ordered it, it was just sliced and then put it in a plate and that's it.

The ambiance of the restaurant is very chic cosmopolitant so it's quite intimidating but they have great services, the food were served after 5 to 10 minutes compared to other restaurants where you'll wait for your food a bit longer than that. The restaurant is not that crowded so if you're planning for a romantic date you'll have one here.

Favorite Dish: So far my favorites were what we ordered: Bolognese, Quatro Formagio (Four Cheese) pizza, fish and chips and ice cream cake. They're all very tasty!

• IamPam's Profile Photo

Vascos: Dining by the bay

by IamPam Written Apr 29, 2011

If you are looking for that relaxing ambiance by the sea, you should check out Vascos restaurant in SBMA.

This hotel/ restaurant is situated right by the waters of SBMA. I suggest you have your dinner here not only for their sumptous meals but also for their cocktails. The theme of their restaurant is all about diving and sea living so be prepared to see everything about diving and ship inspired decorations. They also decorated the restaurant with canons which the divers got from their deep diving experience in SBMA. But what I like most about their restaurant decorations is their ceiling fans! They have this unique airplane flap like fans that they installed in their ceilings which me and my friends were arguing about on how they were operating it. One of my friends say that they have this guy who sits in a bicycle like apparatus which he pedales in order for the fans to work...I don't know if it's true but it's quite interesting.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish there is not actually a dish. You should try Vascos Margaritas they're superb!

• Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

The Reef: Restaurant By The Beach

by cyndymc Written Mar 25, 2011
    The Reef

The Reef is Camayan Beach Resort's inhouse restaurant & bar service. You may opt to eat inside the restaurant or outdoors with a good view of the beach. For day trippers, you can bring your own food and eat them in your rented native cottage. You can order additional food at the restaurant and bring the to-go styrofoam pack to your rented cottage. You can eat your ordered food in the restaurant but you cannot bring your "baon" (home-packed food) to the restaurant. Big groups can request for a special package of cottages + buffet service.

For non-hotel guests and day trippers, you can eat at the restaurant. You will just have to inform the security guard.

Favorite Dish: I used to like their grilled meats and chicken, but in our recent visit, our grilled "liempo" (pork belly) was quite tough and dry. I was also disappointed in their buttered prawns which was overcooked and therefore tough, with butter that tasted like cheap margarine. My daughter was disappointed in the pork "binagoongan" that was too-sweet and contained more fat that meat. The eggplant that went with it wasn't cooked well, too. My grandson enjoyed his grilled chicken fillet, though.

I wonder what happened. They used to have everything cooked right. Could it be because they put in too much effort on the buffet service for the 2 big groups that came for a day tour, that they hadn't put in their usual effort to please other diners?

My saving grace was the delicious watermelon shake ;)

• Beaches

Xtremely Xpresso: More Than Just Coffee

by cyndymc Updated Mar 21, 2011

Pastas & Baby Back Ribs Meal

Since my daughter introduced us to the food at Xtremely Xpresso, we never fail to eat at least a day's meal at the coffeehouse. Actually, it is more than a coffeehouse; it serves pastas, meals, salads, pizzas and even cakes & pastries.

The ambiance is nice and homey, with eclectic decor and all sorts of collections (wine bottles, old typewriter, etc) displayed on the walls and counter. Diners have to wait to be seated by the receptionist, as the place is quite small and easily filled to capacity especially during summer and holidays. You can choose to eat indoors or al fresco.

Dining at Xtremely Xpresso is a delight because of the food, coffee blends and fruit shakes. In my first review of the place, I expressed my sentiment that "dining would have been superb if not for the staff who are as cold as their iced coffee blends. I never saw anyone smile; they look so harassed and in a hurry, and are quite difficult to call for additional orders. I hope they realize that their pleasant demeanor in serving customers is equally important to diners." In our recent visit, I am happy to note that customer service has improved a lot. The crew served with a smile, and orders were served faster. ;))

Favorite Dish: My personal favorite is their beef lasagna, really filled with beef and with great sauce! I also like their Chicken Caesar Salad. For dessert, I love their blueberry cheesecake...super delicious!

• TERIYAKI BOY SUBIC: BAD SERVICE

by raissalyn Written May 27, 2010

Teriyaki Boy's food is awesome, actually a good choice of Japanese Resto whenever you want to grab some Jap foods, but we are really disappointed on the service of Teriyaki Boy Subic, POOR AND SUPER SLOW SERVICE. Manager doesn't even know how to handle complaints

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Teriyaki Boy: You Won't Miss The Japanese Food!

by cyndymc Updated Oct 19, 2009

Roadside View Of Terriyaki Boy

Terriyaki Boy is known for Japanese casual dining at its best at reasonble prices. The SBFZ Branch is quite small compared to the ones in Makati & Alabang, but has the same clean, simple ambience characteristic of Japanese restaurants.

Favorite Dish: Kani Salad, Ebi Tempura, California Maki, Assorted Sushi & Sashimi

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Spanish Gate Resto: Japanese Food Or Spanish Food?

by cyndymc Written Jun 26, 2009
    Spanish Gate Resto

When we weren't that familiar with the restaurants in Subic yet, we went to Spanish Gate Resto which, by its very name gave us the impression that it specializes in Spanish Cuisine. We were all looking forward to eat authentic Spanish Paella...BUT once inside, we realized by its interior design that IT ISN'T a Spanish restaurant but in fact, a combined Japanese Resto and Wine Bar. It was probably named Spanish Gate Resto because it was just beside the REAL Spanish Gate.

Since we were all tired and hungry, we settled for Japanese food which wasn't very filling, so we ordered a lot of food. Food is quite expensive per person, and quantity wasn't worth the price. Service wasn't that impressive.

We never ate at Spanish Gate Resto again, that's why I almost forgot to write about it, but I'm posting this so others won't expect Spanish cuisine.

Favorite Dish: No particular dish that stuck in my mind and taste buds as favorite :-(

• Wine Tasting

Pancake House: More Than Just Pancakes

Roadside View of Pancake House

Our family just love pancakes, and we get our heart's content at Pancake House, where they have a variety of toppings for pancakes (from the classic maple syrup to blueberry or strawberry topping and even peanut butter). But there's more than pancakes at Pancake House; they serve pastas, salads, sandwiches and meals.

Like other Pancake House branches, the Subic branch is clean and has good ambience. It also has a big parking space at the back.

Favorite Dish: Pancakes w/ blueberry toppings;

Roast beef meal;

Chicken-potato salad;

Tacos

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Monkok Dimsum & Noodles: Craving for Chinese Food?

Roadside View of Mongkok Dimsum & Noodles

Mongkok Dimsum & Noodles at SBFZ is a small,cozy Chinese restaurant where you can satisfy your craving for Chinese food, from congee & other soups to rice toppings, Chinese specialty dishes and of course, dimsum & noodles.

Favorite Dish: Spring rolls, yang chow fried rice, beef w/ broccoli & assorted dimsums

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Pier One Bar & Grill: Local Cuisine And More!

Pier One Bar & Grill Entrance & Outdoor Gazebos

Pier One Bar & Grill at SBFZ has an indoor restaurant as non-smoking zone and some outdoor gazebos. There is also a big "tent" type bar for smoking diners and for live music lovers. There is live performance in the evenings for the guests' entertainment.

Favorite Dish: Sisig Lechon: Chopped crispy roasted pig cooked ala-"sisig". Perfect seasonings, not too sour/salty.

Oysters Alexander: Baked Oysters With cream cheese & chopped cilantro.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Yellow Cab: Perfect Pizza!

Yellow Cab View From The Road

Even in Manila, Makati or Alabang, we often eat at Yellow Cab whenever we crave for good pizza. The clean, cozy ambience in the small Yellow Cab Pizza parlors with the kitchen & ovens exposed to the diners make us feel secure that the food we eat are freshly prepared and carefully baked/cooked in the most hygienic manner :-P

The only thing that doesn't appeal to us is the piped-in music in the pizza parlor :-(

Favorite Dish: New York's Finest Pizza ( with Italian sausage,pepperoi, bacon, ham, ground beef, black olives, onions, red &green bell peppers),

#4 Cheese Pizza (nickname is cheese heaven! has mozzarella, cheddar, romano & feta cheeses)

Horizon Bar & Restaurant: Subic Park Hotel's Pride

by cyndymc Written Apr 14, 2009

Diners Can Eat By the Pool

Subic Park Hotel provides convenience and dining pleasure to their guest with their Horizon Bar & Restaurant which is just beside the swimming pool where you have a good view of Subic Boardwalk and the bay.

Their menu fare ranges from Filipino to International dish. In our previous stays at the hotel, we had free breakfast, but in our latest stay, they gave us free dinner for 2. The free dinner's serving was sufficient; you need not order additional viand, but you had to order you favorite drink. Breakfast meal is either Filipino or American, but you can just order a sandwich or fruit platter. For lunch and dinner, you can order ala carte.

Favorite Dish: For the free dinner, I liked their Beef Caldereta (Spanish Beef Stew) and for breakfast, I liked their American Breakfast meal with corned beef (they use my favorite brand), sunny side egg, toasted bread with butter & marmalade and brewed coffee. My husband liked his breakfast meal with lamb tapa.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Meat Plus Steakhouse: best steakhouse in Subic

by machomikemd Updated Jul 16, 2008

Black Angus Choice Steaks

Since Subic Became a Free Port after the US NAvy Left in the 1990's , Meat Plus Steakhouse became a byword in Quality, Succulent Black Angus Steaks. A lot of stores and restaurants has come and gone here but Meat Plus is still Standing!

Meat Plus is Basically A Cafe/Steakhouse, it offers local and American Black Angus Steaks of different cuts and sizes (like ribe eye, porterhouse, t-bone, ground round, etc.) and some other stuffs like pasta, pizza's and soups.

Favorite Dish: Open 10 am to 9:00 pm (Mon-Sun)

the Black Angus 12 ounce Rib-eye Steak or the porterhouse 12 ounce steak at about 900 pesos.

• Luxury Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Meat Plus!: best steakhouse in Subic (new pics)

by machomikemd Updated Jul 16, 2008

still popular as ever

Since Subic Became a Free Port after the US NAvy Left in the 1990's , Meat Plus Steakhouse became a byword in Quality, Succulent Black Angus Steaks. A lot of stores and restaurants has come and gone here but Meat Plus is still Standing (just like my old picture) as it is a testament to it's quality of meats (especially steaks!) that they even opened branches in Metro Manila under the Tender Bob's Name.

Favorite Dish: what else but the black angus steaks (especially th rib eye, medium well). Local steaks cost about 300-400 with rice, buttered vegies and soups; pasta dishes cost about 250-300 pesos, burgers and Black angus Tapa's (filipino, not the spanish tapa ok!) at 150-300 pesos. Lengua estofado (ox's tongue in mushroom sauce) is about 250 pesos.

In ordering the Angus Steaks, you would get them in a chest freezer and choose according to type and size (between 500 to 1500 pesos) and there is a cooking charge of 90 pesos (including rice and buttered vegies). they are char-grilled in a char grill according to your type of doneness (medium rare, medium well, well done, etc.)

Open 10 am to 9:00 pm (Mon-Sun)

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• mikoykoy's Profile Photo

Teriyaki Boy: Tempura and Sushi

by mikoykoy Written Jun 23, 2008

By night

During our second night of stay in Subic, we tried dining at Teriyaki Boy. This is our first time (we never had tried eating here even in Manila). I thought the price is less expensive than average. ....(write up to be continued).

Favorite Dish: Tempura Tuna Sashimi

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Subic

Comments

Subic Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Subic restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Subic sightseeing.