Related Puerto Princesa City Favorites Tips

• Favorites

Most Viewed Favorites in Puerto Princesa City

• Money Changers, Banking & ATM

by gsekar Updated Jul 8, 2007

Favorite thing: Puerto Princesa is a decent city to exchange money or to get money from ATM's. Most major Filipino banks have a presence here on Rizal St. Rizal is the main street and everything happens here. I personally preferred metro bank, as their ATM's seemed more reliable. I had to rely on Plus network to get money from my bank a/c in the U.S. Just got to be a bit careful as this is a very crowded city. I found a decent money changer on Rizal street. NCCC dept store accepts Visa & M/C.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Standard Puerto Princesa Tour fees

by cyndymc Updated Apr 9, 2011

Favorite thing: I would encourage all travelers to maximize their time and optimize their financial budget by availing of tour packages to the different tourist destinations in Puerto Princesa. Your hotel/resort will do all the bookings for land & sea transportation, professional guide and entrance fees. For whole day tours, they will even take care of your lunch. You will have no fear of being "fleeced to death" with exorbitant rates. One thing I like about Puerto Princesa, the government has already standardized the rates of tour packages. The tourists would know ahead the published ceiling price of each tour package. Knowing the benchmarks, the tourist could even haggle for a little discount during non-peak season. In our case, we got 10% discount without even asking for it, perhaps because we got 3 package tours: PP City Tour, Underground River Tour & Honda Bay Island Hopping Tour.

It is a practice there for hotels/resorts to collaborate with tour agencies to pool their guests into one tour group. This way, even solo/couples/small groups get to pay the standard tour rates.

Note: DIYers, of course, could have bigger savings if they take a tricycle instead of an aircon van, skip getting a professionally trained guide and just rely on their driver for info, and make all the arrangements by themselves.

Fondest memory: We were only 2 when we went to Puerto Princesa, but we didn't have to pay higher tour costs because our resort made arrangements for us to join other tourists. That made our tours more enjoyable. I agree to the saying: the more, the merrier. It was a nice opportunity to meet new friends.

• Adventure Travel

• lesleenatividad's Profile Photo

A Tour Guide Makes Life Oh So Much Better

by lesleenatividad Written Nov 11, 2008

Fondest memory: I tend to explore a place on my own or with friends, never with a tor guide.

But since my parents will be traveling with us, my sister and I chose convenience over impulses.

We contacted Kuya Marlo. I just saw his contact information here at VT together with great reviews on how he takes care of the guests.

I totally agree. Kuya Marlo is one heck of a person to tour you around the city. He is very knowledgeable and one of the pioneers in this field. He has been touring guests for almost 11 years already and his passion is still evident.

Here's his contact number. 09068897483.

Text him or give him a ring. You'll not regret it. Promise.

I want to go back to Puerto just to see him again... He is very fatherly.

• my palawan vacation

by pinky123 Written Nov 8, 2006

Favorite thing: My favorite thing is palawan is to go island hopping and my stay at the Lucky Garden INN and Restaurant.

Fondest memory: I cant forget I celebrated my 18th birthday at the Lucky Garden Inn & Restaurant. I highly recommend this place. Located at the heart of Puerto Princesa City. When i went there all i do is to justrelax and enjoy. They prepared our delicious food as well as our tour itinerary.
    If you want to visit palawan you can call them at 084-433-2719 or email them at the luckygardeninn@yahoo.com for reservations and they will pick you up at the airport free of charge.

• Where to stay in puerto princesa city palawan

by pinky123 Written Nov 8, 2006

Favorite thing: i love island hopping in puerto princesa city palawan

Fondest memory: I cant forget i celebrated my birthday party at the Lucky Garden Inn & Restaurant in puerto princesa city palawan. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The staff are very accomodating and friendly. They serve food but they also have a cooking area if you want to cook your own food.

I highly recommend this place. If you want to book your reservations just email them at the luckygardeninn@yahoo.com and they will pick you up at the airport Free.

D' Luckygarden inn
    • Business Travel

• girltemperamental's Profile Photo

Local hospitality!

by girltemperamental Written Apr 20, 2007

Favorite thing: Kuya Arnold!!! Haha :)

He's the best!!! We were just supposed to go to the city proper to eat but we decided to rent his tricycle to go to Honda Bay, he is very patient and kind and never demanded for extra pay! The next day he fetched us at the Inn and brought us to the bus terminal - he woke up to do that, that's about 4 in the morning though his daily runs start at 7. We hired him again to bring us to the best resto in town the night we were back in the city and once again, he never demanded for any extra pay. We just had to give a very generous tip for his service!!!

Fondest memory: The most important experience that we had during this trip is the hospitality of the local people. We never experienced anybody taking advantage, over-charging or harassing us. This is the main difference between these people and the majority of the urban poor - they have respect for others and dignity not to ask for more than they worked for. Palawan is blessed with natural beauty, and somehow it's a blessing in disguise that these wonders are not easily accessible. I also noticed that there are more Protestant churches than Catholic ones. The trust system is still practiced here - the bus conductor/helper would pick up a package and would deliver it - no receipts, no shipping and handling fees, something that's impossible in the city.

Puerto Princesa City Hotels

• Hotel Centro

National Highway, Brgy. San Pedro Puerto Princesa City, Palawan 5300

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Solo

• Hibiscus Garden Hotel

This place is located in Manalo St. , not far from the airport and is owned by a French guy who...

• Puerto Pension

It is in a great location close to the town centre and at the top of the restaurant, you can get...

Top Puerto Princesa City Hotels

Puerto Princesa Hotels
384 Reviews - 1001 Photos

Instant Answers: Puerto Princesa City

Comments

Puerto Princesa City Favorites

Reviews and photos of Puerto Princesa City favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Princesa City sightseeing.
Map of Puerto Princesa City