Puerto Princesa Restaurants

great views
    by AusPinay
    native decor (& wildlife)
    another great dessert

Most Recent Restaurants in Puerto Princesa

KIM C KOREAN RESTAURANT: VERY TASTY FOOD

by davidjo Updated Oct 4, 2014

This restaurant has been open for a year so we thought that it was about time we dined there, and we were not disappointed. The waitress was very helpful describing the Korean dishes . My wife chose Jao Che (fried noodles) and i chose bibimbap, (sauteed vegetables with fried egg on top of rice). Soup and 3 other dishes including kimchi were complimentary. Both meals were delicious and the servings were adequate indeed. We thought the price was reasonable and would not hesitate to dine there again.
    NOTE The same owner has the Wooki Korean Mart across the road from the restaurant should you require any Korean spices or chippies.

Bibimbap and Jap Che complimentary entrance restaurant

O RIGHT----- KOREAN FOOD: IF YOU ARE KOREAN GIVE IT A MISS

by davidjo Updated Oct 2, 2014

You will find O RIGHT on the second floor of Robinsons Mall at the food court. There is a selection of Korean food but it is quite different that the food you would be given in Korea. If you have never tasted Korean food before i suppose it is good for a change, but according to my many Korean friends who live here, forget it. I tried beef bulgogi and it tasted fine to me, but it is 33 years since i was in Korea!

food counter menu

ISLAND COFFEE: GOOD COFFEE, GOOD SERVICE, & GREAT AMBIANCE

by davidjo Written Oct 2, 2014

Island Coffee is a great place to sit and relax while enjoying a coffee or one of the other 50+ beverages on the menu. As well as coffee they sell some nice cakes, pastries and sandwiches. Books and newspapers are available for the customers, and outside there are around 8 tables should you wish to sit there. Coffee etc range from 75-150 pesos, and i am sure that there is something on the menu to satisfy everybody. The staff are very professional and service is good.

This is located at Robinsons Mall, enter the main door, turn left and it is at the very end.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

MANG INASAL: WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS ?

by davidjo Written Oct 2, 2014

We were shopping in Robinsons Mall and decided to have a quick bite, so we thought we would try our Mang Inasal which is a chain that sells mainly chicken. It is the type of place where you line up, make your order then pay, so we were waiting in line and when we got to the counter the cashier said CLOSED, JOIN THE OTHER LINE . What is this for nonsense ? Naturally i said a few bad words and vowed never to return.!!!!!

tables outside cashier's counter

HEAVENLY DESERTS: ARE WE REALLY GETTING A TASTE OF HEAVEN

by davidjo Written Oct 2, 2014

Heavenly Deserts opened up maybe 5 years ago but i never entered the place until today, although my wife often goes there with her friends. It started out as a coffee shop selling smoothies, coffee (hot and Iced), milk teas, shakes, yogurt along with some superb cakes, but nowadays there is an extensive menu which offers pizza, pasta, Thai curry, tacos, sandwiches, burgers and breakfasts. I decided on the burger and chips, but looking at the prices i was not expecting Brit style chips, but in fact potato chips, and i was correct. The place was clean, the staff friendly and efficient. Although the burger was quite simple it tasted good and filled my stomach, and i will certainly be visiting Heavenly Deserts again. BY THE WAY, the selection of cakes looked good but i did not try one as i am not really fond of deserts.

cakes-  yummie yummie the counter tables outside my burger

CASA DE DULCES: MEXICAN SNACKS, NOT MEALS

by davidjo Written Sep 30, 2014

This place opened up 6 days ago so i was eager to try it as my friend mentioned it was good, but small portions......and he was absolutely correct. This is more of a place that you come to for a snack in between meals as they only sell soft shell tacos, hard shell tacos, quesadillas, seafood pasta, and a couple of other items as well as 4 or 5 assorted cakes and cookies which looked very good. I chose a soft taco and a quesadilla, accompanied with a coke, and a few minutes later the friendly waiter served the food at my table. 3 minutes later it was all gone and i was still hungry. The soft shell taco was 100 peso , 40 pesos cheaper than the hard shelled taco, making it rather expensive for the Philippines. I would have no difficulty in eating 5 tacos, but my wallet would not like it---700 pesos, no way. The cafe had 4 tables inside, and 2 more outside, and the ambiance was nice, but whether it is worth a 3 -4 km trip from center of town, i rather doubt it.
    NOTE----open 10am-6pm except Sunday

Photos to follow.

FERSAL HOTEL: ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST

by davidjo Written Sep 26, 2014

As a foreigner i cannot really recommend this breakfast unless you are happy with several cups of coffee, fried eggs and some fruit, as the other items on offer are more for the locals. Rice, garlic rice, dried fish, hot dogs, soup etc is not really for me in the morning but at 175 pesos per person it costs about the same as a regular breakfast at any establishment.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

CHOW KING: IS THIS REALLY THE KING OF CHOW ?

by davidjo Written Sep 26, 2014

Chow King is a fast food chain which combines Chinese food with Western food, mainly rice, chicken, noodles and dimsum. I first went to one of their branches perhaps 10 or 12 years ago when a friend recommended one of the chicken dishes. Well, i followed his advice and since then never returned until today.
    Why did i return?
    Well, the local gas station was giving away free meal coupons once you collected 2,500 pesos worth of gas receipts, so i popped in and ordered a halo-halo, as none of the meals appealed to me. I believe that the halo-halo that is available at some of the other restaurants is much better, so i doubt if i will ever step inside a Chow King again.

one of several branches halo-halo the dining area the counter

LING NAM: NO TASTE, WORST EVER CHINESE MEAL

by davidjo Written Sep 22, 2014

You will find this restaurant on the northern highway, just across the road from Robinsons Shopping Mall, but if you ask my advice, don't bother going here. Let me tell you how we decided to eat here----that is another strange story! We waited in line at a chicken restaurant inside Robinsons and when we reached the front of the queue the cashier said "closed, join the other line!!!", and with that we headed out the door and thought e would try the Ling Nam that opened up earlier this year. The restaurant was clean and as we entered there were murals on the wall outlining the restaurant's history since it opened up it's first branch in Manila, Chinatown over half a century ago. The menu was extensive, the waitress attentive, and we received a cup of tea as soon as we were seated. after perusing the menu i decided to order the beef curry over rice, and my wife decided vegetable/seafood chop suey over rice. I instructed the waitress that i wanted the curry spicy. The food arrived in 5 minutes but i could hardly taste the curry at all and it certainly wasn't spicy, in fact it wasn't even mild. The beef was a little chewy and the whole meal lacked flavor and was completely tasteless. My wife said hers was fine, but she left the fishballs, so i tasted one, and rather spitting it out i decided to swallow the hard, tasteless ball. My wife knows that normally i would normally complain loudly to the staff so it wasn't until we were outside that she mentioned that her food was rather tasteless too. (despite how it looked). I would have no hesitation to say that this was the worst Chinese meal that i have ever been served in the whole of my life and certainly won't hesitate mentioning this to friends.

across from Robinsons beef curry chop suey a little history the menu

SERI PAL MALAYSIA: HALAL FOOD, BUFFET and SOMETHING TO CHEW ON

by davidjo Updated Sep 13, 2014

UPDATE This restaurant may have stopped the buffet but they have a good selection of meals from around 70 pesos now.

This restaurant opened up last week so we took the opportunity to dine there and we were not too disappointed. Apparently the owner, a friendly gentleman from Ipoh was asked by the governor to promote the Halal Malaysian food. Keep in mind it had only just opened up so the menu had a few items only such as nasi goreng, mee goreng, but there was an all you can eat buffet for only 199 pesos. The owner assured me that the menu would be expanded in the coming weeks. The buffet consisted of sweet and sour fish, fish curry, beef curry, mee goreng and curry prawns. We tried everything between us and it certainly had the true Malaysian flavors. I was particularly enjoying the beef curry until i had a mouthful of meat that just would not go down my throat. I chewed and chewed but could make no headway, even it was impossible to bite through this particular piece of meat. I began to doubt if it was meat, perhaps it was a piece of rubber that had been dropped into the cooking pot by accident. I chewed some more, but it was a struggle, what the hell was in my mouth. After several minutes of chewing i gave up and took the mysterious item from my mouth and placed it on my plate.
    I will however say that i will visit the restaurant again.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

(SHEEBANG HOSTEL) and JUDY'S RESTOBAR: CAN'T GO WRONG BY DINING HERE !!!!!!!

by davidjo Written Jul 12, 2014

We have enjoyed Judy's cooking at several establishments she owned during the last 10 years and i am pleased to announce that she still has the magic touch when we dined at her new place last night. I enjoyed a burger and chips while my wife enjoyed grilled bangus (which was not on the menu but cooked at her request). When one enters the compound the restaurant is on the right with perhaps 8 tables but we chose to sit at the bar and chatted with Judy. As it has just opened the menu is not yet complete so i am sure that many new choices will be added in the coming months. Prices were very reasonable as we paid 420 pesos including drinks.
    For those wishing to enjoy more of her cooking you can stay in the beautiful hostel for a few days.

the bar some items on the menu grilled bangus burger and chips

DONKIN DONUTS: ANOTHER DONUT CHAIN

by davidjo Written Jul 9, 2014

Donkins Donuts are located in Rizal Avenue just after the intersection with Lacao Street and one of the attractions of grabbing a snack here is that free wifi is available. Donkins can probably accommodate many more people than its rivals, Mister Donut, which is another 500 m down Rizal Avenue.
    Also Donkin Donuts and Mister Donuts have stands in NCCC and Robinsons Shopping Malls
    Donuts are from around 15 pesos and upwards

MISTER DONUT: DONUTS, DONUTS and DONUTS

by davidjo Written Jul 9, 2014

Mister Donut is located in Rizal Avenue, just after the intersection with Valencia Street if you are walking towards the port. A donut and coffee will provide you with a cheap breakfast and plenty change from 100 pesos.

La Tana Della Libellula: try Italian

by davidjo Updated Jul 5, 2014

An Italian guy and his wife just opened a new Italian restaurant that is situated a few minutes from the airport in a picturesque garden. There are a good selections of pastas and pizzas at a reasonable price. Good Italian wines too! Try it, the ambiance is also nice.
    Nick and His wife Tina also have a small store on the premises where you can buy Italian wines and other Italian products such as Parmesan, mozzerella cheese, olives, olive oil etc, all at reasonable prices.
    The name means " nest of the dragonfly " in English.

UPDATE--- The restaurant is open every day of the week in the evening only . 5 pm - 10 pm.
    The pizzas are now thin crust, very tasty but not as filling as before. There is wifi available for customers.

Favorite Dish: Lasagna is out of this world

Pizzas from 180, 13 inches or 32 cm diameter the garden colourful sign

WHITE PINOY---EURO CHEF---BLUE PINOY: TRY THE SLOVENIAN SPECIALS

by davidjo Updated Jun 23, 2014

UPDATE JUNE 2014--- don't really know what is happening here anymore but Iztok has departed leaving the other guy in charge and it has changed its name to BLUE PINOY!!!!
    Update----This week i noticed a new sign, Euro Chef---- the original sign White Pinoy is ard to see at night but the new sign Euro Chef is made from a series of lights
    Iztok and Jaco (both from Slovenia) with their charming Filipina wives Matilda and Ruby) seem to have a good thing going here.
    We visited the new 'WHITE PINOY' this afternoon and enjoyed the hospitality of the owners. The restaurant is decorated in native materials with a few traditional native products hanging on the ceiling and pinned to the walls. Prices seem reasonable and the owners are friendly.
    We tried the food and we loved it!!! I had the Slovenian dish cevapcici with potatoes and i must say the meat was very good indeed. My wife had pasta with shrimps in a delicious sauce. We will become regular patrons there and looking forward to our next visit when i will try the Goulash!!
    The guys make home-made bread which is tasty, and also one of the few places or maybe only place in Puerto Princesa that makes home-made pasta. On our second visit we ordered BUSARA which are local shells cooked in a delicious sauce.

The restaurant is located just a few meters after the turn off from Rizal to Manalo, ---Rengel Road.

the bar selection of drinks the entrance cevapcici

Instant Answers: Puerto Princesa

Comments

Puerto Princesa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puerto Princesa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Princesa sightseeing.

View all Puerto Princesa hotels