Puerto Princesa Restaurants

great views
    by AusPinay
    native decor (& wildlife)
    another great dessert

Best Rated Restaurants in Puerto Princesa

KSP KINAMAI SA PUERTO: LIVE SEAFOOD

by davidjo Written Jan 6, 2014

This is a new restaurant which is owned by a Korean couple and is located on the Northern Highway about 500 m after Robinsons Shopping Mall. There is a nice garden and man made waterfall with seating outside and inside. Surrounding the dining area are tanks full of live seafood for you to choose from. The waiters were very attentative and as soon as we sat down cold glasses of water were placed in front of us. Our group decided to have beef, fish, chop suey, veg tempera and we were not disappointed. We will not hesitate in dining here again.
    If there is a group of people they offer huge trays of seafood for around 1,400 pesos.

quite delicious garden is nice

LECHON MANOK GRILLS: A DELICIOUS ECONOMIC MEAL

by davidjo Written Jan 16, 2014

Scattered around Puerto Princesa are many stands/outlets that grill chicken on a rotisserie and a whole chicken will set you back between 180 and 250 pesos. They are very tasty and normally comes with a choice of two different sauces/gravies. Some will not start roasting until late afternoon while others start mid morning. Lechon Manok or Litson Manok means roasted chicken. Some of the same places also sell lechon baboy which means roasted pig. My favorite one is across from Union Bank and next to Shakey's in Rizal Avenue, one block from the Capitol Building.----PINOY LITSON

KA INATO: TASTY CHICKEN BBQ and OTHER MEALS --- ECONOMIC

by davidjo Written Mar 28, 2014

Chicken Inato opened up maybe a year ago in Rizal Avenue, not too far away from the airport. It is the third branch that has been opened up by the owner and like the others it serves excellent tasty chicken BBQ and a host of other tasty meals. The restaurant is cozy and well planned, the waitress/waiters are extremely industrious and will look after you. Indeed, as soon as you sit down , seconds later a complimentary soup will be placed in front of you. Try the spicy BBQ, you will not be disappointed.
    Most meals are quite affordable between 100 and 200 pesos.

MENU COZY PLACE

MISTER DONUT: DONUTS, DONUTS and DONUTS

by davidjo Written Jul 9, 2014

Mister Donut is located in Rizal Avenue, just after the intersection with Valencia Street if you are walking towards the port. A donut and coffee will provide you with a cheap breakfast and plenty change from 100 pesos.

DONKIN DONUTS: ANOTHER DONUT CHAIN

by davidjo Written Jul 9, 2014

Donkins Donuts are located in Rizal Avenue just after the intersection with Lacao Street and one of the attractions of grabbing a snack here is that free wifi is available. Donkins can probably accommodate many more people than its rivals, Mister Donut, which is another 500 m down Rizal Avenue.
    Also Donkin Donuts and Mister Donuts have stands in NCCC and Robinsons Shopping Malls
    Donuts are from around 15 pesos and upwards

LING NAM: NO TASTE, WORST EVER CHINESE MEAL

by davidjo Written Sep 22, 2014

You will find this restaurant on the northern highway, just across the road from Robinsons Shopping Mall, but if you ask my advice, don't bother going here. Let me tell you how we decided to eat here----that is another strange story! We waited in line at a chicken restaurant inside Robinsons and when we reached the front of the queue the cashier said "closed, join the other line!!!", and with that we headed out the door and thought e would try the Ling Nam that opened up earlier this year. The restaurant was clean and as we entered there were murals on the wall outlining the restaurant's history since it opened up it's first branch in Manila, Chinatown over half a century ago. The menu was extensive, the waitress attentive, and we received a cup of tea as soon as we were seated. after perusing the menu i decided to order the beef curry over rice, and my wife decided vegetable/seafood chop suey over rice. I instructed the waitress that i wanted the curry spicy. The food arrived in 5 minutes but i could hardly taste the curry at all and it certainly wasn't spicy, in fact it wasn't even mild. The beef was a little chewy and the whole meal lacked flavor and was completely tasteless. My wife said hers was fine, but she left the fishballs, so i tasted one, and rather spitting it out i decided to swallow the hard, tasteless ball. My wife knows that normally i would normally complain loudly to the staff so it wasn't until we were outside that she mentioned that her food was rather tasteless too. (despite how it looked). I would have no hesitation to say that this was the worst Chinese meal that i have ever been served in the whole of my life and certainly won't hesitate mentioning this to friends.

across from Robinsons beef curry chop suey a little history the menu

• davidjo's Profile Photo

CHOW KING: IS THIS REALLY THE KING OF CHOW ?

by davidjo Written Sep 26, 2014

Chow King is a fast food chain which combines Chinese food with Western food, mainly rice, chicken, noodles and dimsum. I first went to one of their branches perhaps 10 or 12 years ago when a friend recommended one of the chicken dishes. Well, i followed his advice and since then never returned until today.
    Why did i return?
    Well, the local gas station was giving away free meal coupons once you collected 2,500 pesos worth of gas receipts, so i popped in and ordered a halo-halo, as none of the meals appealed to me. I believe that the halo-halo that is available at some of the other restaurants is much better, so i doubt if i will ever step inside a Chow King again.

one of several branches halo-halo the dining area the counter

CASA DE DULCES: MEXICAN SNACKS, NOT MEALS

by davidjo Written Sep 30, 2014

This place opened up 6 days ago so i was eager to try it as my friend mentioned it was good, but small portions......and he was absolutely correct. This is more of a place that you come to for a snack in between meals as they only sell soft shell tacos, hard shell tacos, quesadillas, seafood pasta, and a couple of other items as well as 4 or 5 assorted cakes and cookies which looked very good. I chose a soft taco and a quesadilla, accompanied with a coke, and a few minutes later the friendly waiter served the food at my table. 3 minutes later it was all gone and i was still hungry. The soft shell taco was 100 peso , 40 pesos cheaper than the hard shelled taco, making it rather expensive for the Philippines. I would have no difficulty in eating 5 tacos, but my wallet would not like it---700 pesos, no way. The cafe had 4 tables inside, and 2 more outside, and the ambiance was nice, but whether it is worth a 3 -4 km trip from center of town, i rather doubt it.
    NOTE----open 10am-6pm except Sunday

Photos to follow.

HEAVENLY DESERTS: ARE WE REALLY GETTING A TASTE OF HEAVEN

by davidjo Written Oct 2, 2014

Heavenly Deserts opened up maybe 5 years ago but i never entered the place until today, although my wife often goes there with her friends. It started out as a coffee shop selling smoothies, coffee (hot and Iced), milk teas, shakes, yogurt along with some superb cakes, but nowadays there is an extensive menu which offers pizza, pasta, Thai curry, tacos, sandwiches, burgers and breakfasts. I decided on the burger and chips, but looking at the prices i was not expecting Brit style chips, but in fact potato chips, and i was correct. The place was clean, the staff friendly and efficient. Although the burger was quite simple it tasted good and filled my stomach, and i will certainly be visiting Heavenly Deserts again. BY THE WAY, the selection of cakes looked good but i did not try one as i am not really fond of deserts.

cakes-  yummie yummie the counter tables outside my burger

• davidjo's Profile Photo

MANG INASAL: WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS ?

by davidjo Written Oct 2, 2014

We were shopping in Robinsons Mall and decided to have a quick bite, so we thought we would try our Mang Inasal which is a chain that sells mainly chicken. It is the type of place where you line up, make your order then pay, so we were waiting in line and when we got to the counter the cashier said CLOSED, JOIN THE OTHER LINE . What is this for nonsense ? Naturally i said a few bad words and vowed never to return.!!!!!

tables outside cashier's counter

O RIGHT----- KOREAN FOOD: IF YOU ARE KOREAN GIVE IT A MISS

by davidjo Updated Oct 2, 2014

You will find O RIGHT on the second floor of Robinsons Mall at the food court. There is a selection of Korean food but it is quite different that the food you would be given in Korea. If you have never tasted Korean food before i suppose it is good for a change, but according to my many Korean friends who live here, forget it. I tried beef bulgogi and it tasted fine to me, but it is 33 years since i was in Korea!

food counter menu

KIM C KOREAN RESTAURANT: VERY TASTY FOOD

by davidjo Updated Oct 4, 2014

This restaurant has been open for a year so we thought that it was about time we dined there, and we were not disappointed. The waitress was very helpful describing the Korean dishes . My wife chose Jao Che (fried noodles) and i chose bibimbap, (sauteed vegetables with fried egg on top of rice). Soup and 3 other dishes including kimchi were complimentary. Both meals were delicious and the servings were adequate indeed. We thought the price was reasonable and would not hesitate to dine there again.
    NOTE The same owner has the Wooki Korean Mart across the road from the restaurant should you require any Korean spices or chippies.

Bibimbap and Jap Che complimentary entrance restaurant

YELLOW CAB PIZZA: GOOD BUT EXPENSIVE

by davidjo Written Nov 19, 2014

Yellow Cab Pizza opened up near the Robinsons Complex, but we found it rather expensive at around 100 pesos a slice, and 300 for a very small 10 inch pizza. We shall probably never return as there are some very good restaurants in town that serve a better value for money pizza!

PUERTO PENSION HOUSE: CHECK OUT THE FOOD

by davidjo Written Dec 2, 2014

Puerto Pension House is located in Malvar and although i had never eaten there in my 20 years in town i was pleasantly surprised on my first visit. To tell the truth we were in Baywalk for the lighting of the Xmas tree, along with 50,000 other people so we could not see much so a friend suggested that we have a beer at the pension house as the restaurant is on the 4th floor and overlooks the Baywalk. On arrival we were told that it was not possible to have a beer as there was a buffet for this special occasion, so at 249 pesos it sounded like a bargain. The food was excellent although only 4 dishes plus soup and desert were on offer. Chicken fillet with lemon, fish fillet with garlic sauce, shrimp chop suey and some special rice. I would assume that the food on the normal menu would be just as good so we will return one day.
    Sure enough, after the carol singing and the mayor's speech we had a great view of the Xmas tree lights and firework display.

• honeymoon4ever's Profile Photo

Kinabuch's: Fear Factor food trip!

by honeymoon4ever Written Aug 1, 2007

Actually, we really didn't eat in this restaurant but bought a local delicacy common to people of Palawan.It's called TAMILOK or in layman's term, wood WORM! The worm is taken from tree barks,cleaned,innards removed and ready to eat! Gulp! It's dipped in vinegar and they say it tastes like wood. Palawan folks say they eat it as a main course with rice. Ngeee! I didn't have the strong guts to eat it, though. Try it, you might like it! Hehehe.

do you have the guts? yumm....eeeeeh!

Instant Answers: Puerto Princesa

Comments

Puerto Princesa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puerto Princesa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Princesa sightseeing.

View all Puerto Princesa hotels