Cubao Favorites

• julia_r's Profile Photo

The Carnival @ Araneta Center

by julia_r Updated Mar 27, 2008

The Araneta Center Map

Favorite thing: Araneta Center, Quezon City being the center of Quezon City has links to many places, far or near. Its like everything you need is there...being older too than Makati City...it has transformed its old look to a new vibrant atmosphere making it competitive to the other places. This is my favorite part of Quezon City...its my shopping place when i was a kid.

Fondest memory: My parents usually bring me to Araneta Center, Quezon City when I was a kid...to buy new clothes, dine and go the an indoor carnival. The Fiesta Carnival has been there all those years until I grew up and have my own kids.

Two years ago they have moved the carnival to another location, an open air location to give way to the rise of another establishment, a big supermarket called Shopwise (with free parking on the 2nd floor, with minimum purchase required). Unfortunately, when I went there last Christmas, the carnival is under renovation again. I do not know if it was renovated or moved already. Maybe because there are already a lot of indoor mini carnivals around, the old big wonderful once-alive carnival shuts down.

• marissa71's Profile Photo

*Eat my favorite food in Jumbo Jap,Fastfood Center of Gateway
    *Taco Bell
    *Clowns in Araneta
    *Araneta Coliseum

Fondest memory: Oh Im always here...bec. the building where I work lies in the busy place of Cubao. Huge changes had transpired before & after the Gateway was built.I dont wana think that Gateway was built & inspired to cater only the "high ends", the moment u stepped in the vicinity...anybody ..whatever your stature in life can taste the array choices of different types of restaurants to dine-in, respectful & helpful Fort Guards and great accessibility to two MRTs.

• Festivals

Instant Answers: Cubao

Comments

Cubao Favorites

Reviews and photos of Cubao favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cubao sightseeing.