Places to eat in Philippines

inside
    by machomikemd
    great views
    by AusPinay
    native decor (& wildlife)
    by AusPinay

Most Viewed Restaurants in Philippines

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

The Jollie Bee: Delicious Halo-Halo

by Chinggis_n_Borte Written Mar 3, 2014

Jollie Bee is Philippine's no.1 Burger house. It is like MacDonalds but becuz it is Philippine owned and the food and meals perfectly blend to the taste of the locals, it is therefore popular than MacDonalds. We found out that there's more varieties in this burger house, like pancit canton pancit guisado (local delicious noodles) and breakfast like tapa's Philippine style with scrambled egg and fried rice is a Philippine fav breakfast serve in Jollie Bee. But the one that we found mouth watering is the delicious cold Halo-Halo as seen in the photo.

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Jollibee: The number one fast-food chain in the country

by nixca316 Updated Jul 4, 2012

I must be honest. I don't like all Jollibee branches because the franchisees build their branches according to target markets or demographics(yeah, yeah...all businesses do that...let me expound). They don't want to make a too swanky Jollibee outlets in areas that could probably have lots of pickpockets nearby or something(Why would I go there?). Yet, I love most branches anyways.

When Jollibee was launched, it was a hit because of its aroma and taste that appealed to the Filipino palate. All sorts of intrigues were "invented" by several competitors like it was made of worms. Some believed this, but a lot still flocked. Until now, it is still the number one among the fast-food chains with burgers as its main product.

Since "the other brand" was first introduced to us when we were little, I favored that, most especially because they had programs for special children like the Special Olympics.

Although "the other brand" still is a favorite, Jollibee is one of our favorite fast-food chains too. They give toys to the underprivileged and have programs for our dear deaf and hard of hearing brethren.

My brother, who died last May 21 this present year (2012) loves eating at Jollibee. He loved the chicken barbecue, the soups, the burgers, the Jolly hot dogs, and the Chicken Joy. My five year old nephew loves going there too, especially because they are the ones promoting the Marvel Heroes like Spider Man and The Avengers here in our country.

I think kids like the Jollibee Mascot and the Figure better than "the other one" because some of them are afraid of clowns.

Of course, since we are very health conscious nowadays, we seldom go to fast-foods, but RJ, who really preferred going to Restaurants than fast-food chains, would pull me to a Jollibee outlet so that he could eat and people watch at the same time.

The servers are friendly...well, at least, most of them are.

They also clean all the time, to assure people, their clients, that even if everything's affordable, that they value them, by keeping everything clean.

They are being managed byFrancorp Philippines and their(Jollibee Foods Corporation) brands include: Greenwich Pizza, Chowking, Red Ribbon, Mang Inasal, Yonghe Dawang and would you believe, Burger King.

Some stores accept debit cards and credit cards, but most of the stores only accept cash.

They have "invaded" some countries here in Asia and some cities in the USA, so that the Filipinos there would not be homesick, but now, they are trying to globalize the appeal of their products little by little.

Favorite Dish: The crisscut fries, the burgers, and the soup.

If you have any concerns, complaints, requests, or suggestions, you can email them atfeedbacks@jollibee.com.ph

• Disabilities

• Yaki Mix SM mall of Asia: Don't even try

by chappi Written Nov 11, 2011

EVEN TRYING TO DINE HERE WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE....

We drove for more than two hours facing heavy rains and a snail-paced traffic from our place to MOA (Mall of Asia) just so some receptionist could turn her nose at us and tell us that they'd be closing at 10:15.

We arrived at around 8:45 and were trying to get our party signed up but when we walked to the reception area, which was open to the bay and therefore open to the rain, none of the five people (4 receptionists and the supervisor) who stood there took any notice of us they continued chatting and laughing while we, the hungry and tired customers, just stood there waiting for someone to realize that they were getting paid to do their jobs. When finally one of the receptionists decided to entertain us (Jennifer Metoc was her name) she already launched into discouraging us by saying that they stopped serving at 10:15 and that we would be the 16th to be served.

She raised her voice at us and when we asked her to call the manager she didn't even excuse herself and just walked out. She was disrespectful, haughty and she had the gall to lie about it when we spoke to her supervisor. She didn't plead her case-she pushed it as she continued to argue with us about what happened. And when asked for her last name she dismissively pointed to the supervisor as if to say "if you want it get it from him"

It was very DISAPPOINTING and very INSULTING for us. We get it Yaki Mix is a big restaurant with a lot of customers but that DOESN'T GIVE THEIR EMPLOYEES THE RIGHT TO TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS IN SUCH A MANNER. Since the resto is a buffet type it gives their employees a chance to slack of and just chat or whatever,which should not be the case.

TO THOSE WHO WOULD ATTEMPT AT GETTING A SEAT OR DINING HERE, A WORD OF ADVICE, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR TEMPER JUST DON'T.

Max's: Filipino Delights

by nixca316 Updated Oct 5, 2011

Max's has been existing in this country since the mid 1940's and it has been through hell and high-water. Their name has always been synonymous to good Filipino Cuisine and they are most famous for their chicken (they are also called "The House That Fried Chicken Built").

It was handled by Francorp since 1988. The old was merge with the new. They had a different concept before(Chicken, Steaks, Coffee, Soda, Ice Cream etc.), but kept their original chicken recipes (By the founder's niece, Ruby) then added some more. Being handled by Francorp they were able to have quality control and were also able franchise their system without hassle. Francorp was a big help to them because even if they still had good food, Francorp was able to help them market their products well.

I believe they have a global concept, but the one in Sacramento, California, USA, did not work out well. I guess you can't be perfect.

Here in the country they are hardly without a client.

They have meals for groups, they cater for receptions/parties, and they have budget meals.

Cakes and other pastries are available in most of their branches.

Favorite Dish: Once in a while, even if I'm allergic to most of the chicken recipes, I do eat their chicken, because it's very, very tasty. They are really known for this.

I also love the fish recipes and Ruby's Kare-kare.

Their cakes and pastries are also good.

All major credit cards are accepted, but they accept cash too. ;p

Check their website for other details and these links:

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Pizza: The Aranetas have conquered the Philippines =)

by nixca316 Updated Oct 4, 2011

Note: I know I should put more local chains here, but even if this is an international one, they "Philippinized" it.

Who are "they"?

The Aranetas own the master franchise and they have made this resto-chain family-friendly.

Most of the branches have very alert and efficient staff.

They are neat and very, very courteous.

The food is very, very affordable too.

Favorite Dish: RJ loves the spare ribs, the 1/4 chicken with spaghetti, the dessert sampler, the BBQ Cheesy Volcano Pizza and the Vegetarian.

• Disabilities

• Blue Carabao Diner: Every finger lickin good food

by wrongturn Written Sep 1, 2011

I was walking up from one of the local diving shops when i noticed a line up of people standing out past the sidewalk.I looked up to see on their sign that this place is called the Blue Carabao Diner.The sign also has pictures of their specality,carabao {Philippine water buffalo} offered in two soups. I ventured in to take a look and seen that the food is offered banquet style,or what they call "toro-toro" meaning to point at the meal that you want.I have to say for an open style restaurant,they have managed to keep the place very clean and the staff are well dressed and wear special styled hairnets and serving gloves,i was impressed.As i was walking around a lady came over and introduced herself as the owner and head cook of the establishment,asking if i had any questions about the food and invited me to take a look at their kitchen,wow,impressed ! I was told that all first time foreign and local guest can request for a sample of a meal before purchasing the said food item,impressed again!
    The restaurant is not fancy,but it is clean and tastefully decorated with local works of art and crafts.The tables are wooden picnic style good for four people.The washrooms are clean but you must ask cashier for toilet tissue. I should mention that it is self service set up cafeteria style,pay as you make your way down the tray rail.
    The food was some of the best tasting food i experienced in my travels of the Philippines.I have eaten in some fancy restaurants and none of them could come close to the taste and quality or quality of the meals put out by this restaurant.No wonder people where lined up on the sidewalk to get into this place.Did i mention that it is very cheap? Bowl of soup,big enough for two people is like one US dollar. I was in Davao for one week and i ate at this place sometimes twice a day because they offer at least thirty five different meals to pick from.

Favorite Dish: It is hard to pick a favorite because it was all good,but that being said,i would say that the Hinilang {spicy carabao soup,tender chunks of carabao meat } with their well cook rice was a hit.Their beef pochero{meat attached to bones} would also rank among my favorites. They offer chunks of pork in a sauce {Humba} that melts in your mouth.They offer a nice selection of seaweed salads and vegetable meals.
    The Blue Carabao is a must for anyone who visits Davao City.

• Adventure Travel
    • Singles
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• jogibbs's Profile Photo

Casa Juana, JJs foodstream: Authentic dishes

by jogibbs Written Jul 31, 2011

For authentic Philippine cuisine dining, you must try jj's foodstream in Tagbilaran city.

My favourite dish during my last night in Bohol province was 'Kinilaw'. It is actually raw fish steeped in vinegar to 'cook' the soft white flesh. The balance of the sourness with the sweet richness of coconut sauce was just perfect. The lime added was nice touch and not overdone, which usually happens. The mungo soup was also excellent just like how I remembered my Mama cooked it but it could have used more coconut for more richness as it was on a lean side but the balance of taste was good.

The prawn soup was very disappointing because the prawns were tiny, I mean, really tiny with its shell still attached! The leafy vegetables in the soup were also very disappointing with stringy overboiled texture instead of retaining its firm and crunchy flavour.

I love the taste of my sister's chopsuey rice, it is how it should taste like in Chinese cities. The dishes were firm, juicy and retaining their essence not overpowered by the sauce.

The drinks however did not disappoint, mine and my Mama's sweet avocado shake was refreshing and had the right amount of sweetness. I can't stand it when it is too sweet. My sister's mango drink was made from real mangoes and a treat to the palate.

Favorite Dish: Kinilaw- please read above.

• Beaches

• Dencio's: Maureen Gabriel Of Dencio's is rude!!!

by arthur_cuevas Updated Apr 4, 2011

MAUREEN GABRIEL you suck!!!!!
    there is a very unrespectful emloyee in your resto that has a very foul mouth! what kind of resto are you if you can't control and teach your own employees to respect people!!!!i think that you should think of firing her because if you dont, she might just injure a lot more costumers in the future because of her preposterous character!!!

Favorite Dish: MAUREEN GABRIEL you suck!!!!!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Dencio's Restaurant: The best Filipino food in Manila!

by joiwatani Written Oct 10, 2010

My last VT meet was in Manila at Dencio's Restaurant. It was suggested by Aida (asianbelle). The restaurant is very close to the Megamall and very convenient place to eat. There were a lot of young people hanging outside just looking at their laptops and some people were just chatting and drinking their beer.

The ambience of the restaurant was really pleasant. The waiters and waitresses were busy. The hanging Japanese lights make you feel welcome at the restaurant. The tables were covered in white linen and it made the restaurant looked very clean and very fresh.

The waiters were friendly and courteous. There was a waitress buzzing people in and checking whether I had a reservation or not. As soon as I sat dow waiting for my VT friends, one of the waiters asked me what I would like to drink...

Favorite Dish: For some reason, I like the fried "bangus" (milk fish). Honestly, while I was eating it, I didn't even realize I was eating a "bangus" because it was already deboned and presented in a sizzling platter with green jalapenos! As soon as I had my first bite, I can hear the crunchiness of the fish between my teeth!

I had to ask how they cooked the bangus that made it so delicious and crunchy. I was told that the skin of the fish was deep fried and it was mixed with the meat of the fish and sauteed with some spices.
    The "chop suey", mixed vegetables was delicious, too, but I had eyes on the bowl of "Chinese noodles and the "pinakbet" (Ilocano vegetables sauteed in shrimps "bagoong".

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• allelli's Profile Photo

YAKI MIX RESTAURANT: NEVER AGAIN

by allelli Updated Sep 7, 2009

AT LAST....THIS IS OUR 3RD ATTEMPT EATING THIS RESTAURANT, THIS RESTAURANT IS JUST OPEN RECENTLY, BECAUSE EVERY TIME WE VISIT THIS RESTAURANT IT IS FULL PACK WHAT EVER THE REASONED I DON'T KNOW THAT WHY WE MAKE IT APPOINT TO VISIT THIS RESTAURANT EARLY AS 4PM FOR A DINNER BUFFET. WE ARE SO CURIOUS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE WASTING THERE TIME FOR AN HOUR WAITING OUTSIDE JUST TO EAT THERE BUFFET.... AT 4PM WE RESERVED FOR 7PAX ACCORDING TO THE MANAGER WE SHOULD BE THERE BEFORE 5:30PM IF THEY CALL OUR NAMED AND WE ARE NOT AROUND THEY WILL GAVE OUR SEAT TO OTHERS, SO WHAT WE DO IS TO STAY AT THE CAR IN FRONT OF THE RESTAURANT SO WE WONT MISSED OUR TURN SAME WHAT OTHER COSTUMER IS DOING... AND 5:30PM CAME EVERYBODY WAS EXCITED TO ENTER THERE RESTAURANT SO WE CAN SEE AND EAT THERE LONG WAITING BUFFET........THE BUFFET TABLE IS NOT YET PREPARED WE WAIT FOR ANOTHER 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEY GAVE US A GO SIGNAL TO GET FOOD FROM THE BUFFET TABLE, MY WHOLE FAMILY IS ALREADY GETTING MAD ON ME BECAUSE FOR KEEPING US WAITING LONG BUT AS A MOTHER I AM STILL THE BOSS... THE WAITING AND MONEY IS NOT WORTH TO EAT THIS RESTAURANT THE FOOD IS ONLY ORDINARY AS IF YOU ARE EATING AT THE JAPANESE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT . I ASK OTHER COSTUMER AND THEY SAID IT IS ALSO THERE FIRST TIME EATING THIS RESTAURANT AND THE REASONED THEY HAVE MANY CURIOUS NEW COSTUMER THE COMPANY HAVE SPEND A LOT OF MONEY IN ADVERTISING ALMOST WEEKLY THEY HAVE AN ARTICLE IN THE BROADSHEET..... REGARDING THERE RESTAURANT AND YOU CAN SEE IN THE ARTICLE THERE YUMMY FOOD PICTURE....SO YOU WILL BE TEMPTED

Favorite Dish: LIKE WHAT I SAID NOTHING SPECIAL, THE SHRIMP SIZE IN THERE TEMPURA IS SO SMALL AND I THINK THEY ONLY BOTH THE CAKE THERE SERVED BECAUSE IT TASTE LIKE A CAKE IN A NEAR BY CHEAP BAKERY STORE.. THE TEMPURA SAUCE IS A BIG NO..... THERE KIMCHIE IS BITTER TASTE, THE SUKIYAKI SOUP IS SO SWEET AND ALL AS IN ALL GRILLED ITEMS THEY MARINATE IT IN ONLY ONE FLAVOR IT IS SAME TASTE...I THINK IF SOMEBODY EAT HERE THEY WOULD NOT GO BACK AGAIN

• Arabela cafe in Liliw Laguna: over rated food and annoying name drooper owner

by baneknek26 Written Apr 4, 2009

The ambience is quite good for dining in a country side and for its being an italian restaurant,I find it lucky enough to dominate the place for not having other competition in business! In addition, that it's place is in a popular leather shoe making destination wherein similar of what in Italy is famous of.although Liliw leather shoe is much different from what is known years ago....its not all made of locals because of the mixing in imported products from China and Korea.But ...thats another story!
    The restaurant,which is highly rated and appreciated by many ...is dissappointing indeed! I just don"t know how it become an overly rated italian food when 3M pizza tastes much better than theirs! (check the crust! its an insult for a real italian pizza) and to all the pasta that we've order,namely the vongole and carbonara...oh,pleasssssse!!!!DON"T claim it is an italian taste!Anyway...just like I have said before that you have no competitors...WILL you just improve more,perhaps it is because its not an ala carte that I expected its just one of those fast food kind of place and stop bragging how it is so italian and the name dropping of some so called famous and politician people you know while we the diners can hear in the room so loud and clear! it is some what annoying...

• Women's Travel

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

MAX RESTAURANT: FAST AND FURIOUSLY YUMMY PINOY FOOD

by AusPinay Written Feb 13, 2009

The food is traditional Pinoy style- especially the chicken which is the specialty of the house! Most Pinoys know the real taste of MAx cannot be duplicated so it is best to make a reservation at your local restaurant as it can be packed to the rafters especially during Christmas season like when we usually go to the Philippines!

Favorite Dish: I love the fresh lumpia - fresh spring rolls in crepe-like cake stuffed with vegetables that are hard to get here in Sydney! It comes with nice sweet sauce topped with peanuts. The servings are not big enough for my hubby though!

The chicken is always yummy and the kare-kare and noodles and always good. The servings are too small compared to what we're used to here in Sydney so you might have to order two (or more ) of each dish if you are in a group.

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN: CLASSIC and MODERN PIZZAS plus YUMMY SALADS

by AusPinay Updated May 31, 2008

This place in trendy Greenbelt in Makati, Metro Manila surprised us with their authentic Italian pizza crusts which are not so oily but quite substantial.

Another surprise was the salads which were really tasty and with fantastic dressings! I am not much of a salad eater but I was really into my Caesar salad which had very fresh ingredients and nice dressing! It was simple yet you could taste the dressing and the cheese!The drinks cost just over a dollar each and served in tall glasses!

The bonus was that my uncle just picked us up for dinner for several nights and took us to Makati to sample the cuisine there so he paid for everything!

Favorite Dish: My favourite was the Caesar salad and the yummy green mango shakes. My son also loved his iced tea and classic California Kitchen Special pizza. The dough makes the pizza really lovely!

• Jandar's Profile Photo

Villa Escudero: Lift your feet

by Jandar Written Apr 27, 2008

The experience of having lunch next to a waterfall and the cooling water running around your feet was a new experience.The food which was plentiful was very good all of which was local cuisine. The cottage we opted for, was right on the water it was cool and relaxing, we were also seranaded by a group who could both sing but play their guitars very well.

• elsadran's Profile Photo

Pancit Canton

by elsadran Written Nov 13, 2007

Another dish I honored a lot was Pancit Canton. It is supposed to originate in Canton, China but since I haven't been there I have no idea if the chinese version is also tasty. What I know is I couldn't resist trying it again and again. If you are a vegetarian you can order it without meat, only veggies. But the authentic recipe is with pork(or beef), chicken and shrimps all together. Meat must be shredded into strips.
    It's available in most restaurants.

The ingredients: for 6 persons to 10 persons
    2 table spoons of soy sauce
    3 stalks of sliced celery
    1 carrot, sliced into strips
    1 package of pancit canton ( noodles, not too thin), very little blanched
    2 cups meat broth (keep the broth when you boil the meat)
    ¼ kilo pork, boiled and cut into strips
    ¼ chicken, boiled and sliced breast, ( I prefer thigh)
    ¼ shrimps, peeled
    salt and pepper
    You can omit any meat or add other veggies(e.g. Cauliflower, mushrooms, string beans...etc)

Boil the meat for 15 minutes, shred it and keep the broth .
    Hit some oil in the pan or wok and saute the onions and garlic. Add the meat and saute it until it becomes more brownish. Season with salt and pepper. Add the veggies, the harder first. You go on stirring it adding the soy sauce. Add the broth and cook stir it for a few minutes. Then add the blanched noodles continuing the stirring. Lower heat and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately..
    If your noodles are too soggy try not blanching them but frying them before putting them in. Thus they have a richer savor but they are too oily ,for my taste. Enjoy!!
    I love it!

159 Reviews - 433 Photos
Quezon City Hotels
51 Reviews - 203 Photos

Instant Answers: Philippines

Comments

Philippines Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Philippines restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Philippines sightseeing.
Map of Philippines