Places to eat in Silay City

• "Kinilaw na Isda"

Most Viewed Restaurants in Silay City

Dine At A Restaurant On Stilts

by cyndymc Written Jan 2, 2012

Ahh, there's nothing more satisfying than eating exotic fruits, seafoods and other native dishes in a native restaurant with a view of the sea! That's what we experienced at Tama Plaza, supposedly the best restaurant in Barangay Balaring, Silay City. Hubby and I had a wonderful lunch with VTers buenababe and paolodecastro before going to Balay Negrense.

Sizzling Squid Sinigang na Isda The Best Restaurant In Balaring Sizzling

El Ideal: Heritage House With Refreshment

by cyndymc Written Jan 2, 2012

When Cesar Locsin y Lacson opened one door of his house to start out his bakery, little did he know that El Ideal will someday be one of the landmarks in Silay City. Still standing on the same location as the ancestral home of the Locsin y lacson Family, El Ideal continues to serve snacks that the locals love. Curious tourists always make it a point to drop by for refreshments and snacks after a tour of Silay's ancestral homes.

El Ideal has been acknowledged by the National Historical Institute as an ancestral house.

Favorite Dish: El Ideal Bakery serves local snacks like pancit Molo (which I liked), but it specializes in cookies/biscuits and pies/ Its famous guapple pie draws raves, and many swear that it is much tastier than apple pie.

El Ideal Historical Marker of El Ideal El Ideal Pies & Other Goodies El Ideal El Ideal

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Kuppa: Need Coffee & Cakes?

by cyndymc Written Nov 10, 2010

The Kuppa Branch at the New Bacolod-Silay Airport is a welcome treat to hungry travelers. Kuppa is a popular coffeehouse in Bacolod City sought by tourists for their delicious cakes and coffee blends. I wanted to try their cakes but I was still full when we arrived at the airport so I didn't buy any cake slice. My hubby had coffee (I forgot which type), but he wasn't so impressed.

Favorite Dish: I wanted to try their cakes but I was still full when we arrived at the airport so I didn't buy any cake slice. My hubby had coffee (I forgot which type), but he wasn't so impressed.

Kuppa @ New Bacolod-Silay Airport

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Kapehan Sang Silay: "Official Coffeehouse of Silay"

by cyndymc Updated Nov 10, 2010

Across the church is Kapehan Sang Silay, long-time considered by many as Silay's "official coffeehouse". Given that title, I was inclined to look for a nice place, so I was surprised when our driver pointed to an ordinary carinderia-looking place with a faded signboard near a beauty parlor. Though the place doesn't look attractive enough for me, it boasts of the best coffee which has become part of the lives of the rich and common people of Silay. I wanted to try a cup of coffee, but hubby decided to waste no time in proceeding to Bacolod. I thought I could have a taste of it when we return, but we didn't have a chance to return anymore.

Kapehan Sang Silay

• tidzy's Profile Photo

El Ideal: The Oldest Bakery in the City

by tidzy Written Oct 20, 2009

This place is a very historal landmark in Silay City. It started in the 1920's, and is the oldest bakery in the city. The building still has its old world charm, but is now more comfortable to eat in with the addition of air-conditioners.

They are well known for their pasalubong treats, especially their Guapple Pie.

Favorite Dish: Their pasalubong treats are to die for!

• tidzy's Profile Photo

Cafe 1925: Quaint and Classy

by tidzy Written Oct 20, 2009

A quaint restaurant/coffeeshop by the roadside, this place is definitely worth a visit if you want to just relax and have refreshments after a day of ancestral house-hopping at Silay City.

They serve good coffee and an array of sumptuous desserts. Their main dishes change every week, so you're in for a treat every time you eat out here.

The place is very conducive for small family or friend gatherings, since the place can seat only about a maximum of 25 people.

Favorite Dish: I love their Churros con Tsokolate. And their Pan con Chorizo is simply heavenly.

Churros con Tsokolate Pan con Chorizo

• El Ideal: Guapple pie!!!

by icoy Written May 9, 2009

El Ideal (pronounced "idjal"). This is a local bakery with a restaurant. They bake their own pies and piyaya but people go here for their guapple pie.
    This a must eat when you go to Silay. :)

Favorite Dish: Guapple pie with ice cold coke!

a slice of guapple pie Spanish style building
    • Photography

Top Silay City Hotels

Silay Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Silay City

Comments

Silay City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Silay City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Silay City sightseeing.
Map of Silay City