Related Tacloban City Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Tacloban City

• ligaya's Profile Photo

Tacloban Pier

by ligaya Updated Dec 6, 2012

Favorite thing: shopping, the sweets, the Waray language, the bridge San Juanico. I think this tall building was never completed and has stood there to waste for several years already. I remember her saying that there are structural problems on the place where it stands...

Fondest memory: I think this tall building was never completed and has stood there to waste for several years already. I remember her saying that there are structural problems on the place where it stands...

• realmercy's Profile Photo

Meeting the Americans that live there already.

by realmercy Written Dec 7, 2009

Favorite thing: If your in the Tacloban City area the best place to meet the Americans would be the McDonalds for breakfast or a coffee. The second best place, especially to get your questions answered about whats happening currently would be the group site: Taclobancitytoday-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

• Adventure Travel

• psychiy's Profile Photo

Tacloban

by psychiy Written May 23, 2009

Favorite thing: July and August usually have rainy days. I am wondering why, of all places in the Philippines have you chosen Tacloban? I have been to Tacloban only a few times. The places I've visited during my stay there which you could also visit are: the San Juanico Bridge (L-S shaped, connects Leyte and Samar), Marjorie's Garden (nice place on a hill in Samar for a cup of coffee and sweets overlooking), Sto. Nino Shrine (heritage museum) and the Leyte Park Resort Hotel (where I stayed in). I also recommend Giuseppe's Italian-Filipino Restaurant which serves good food. Tacloban is a very simple and quiet place. I'm not sure if Tacloban will be a good place to visit during those months since it is part of the typhoon belt.

The terrorism/kidnappings you hear about in the news are mostly in the rebel-infested places. The cities and tourist spots are relatively safe. Just be careful with snatchers/pickpocketers.

Water in the Philippines is usually not potable unless filtered. Do ask for filtered water or best, buy a bottle of distilled/mineral water as they cost only PhP 10-25.

Here's a tip page I found on Tacloban:

You can also visit Cebu, one of the major cities in the Philippines which is a ferry/plane ride away.

Fondest memory: Lunch at Giuseppe's Italian-Filipino Restaurant

• namiewa's Profile Photo

San Juanico Bridge

by namiewa Written Jun 21, 2006

Favorite thing: Or also called the “Bridge of Love” This is a 2.16 kilometer long where connected the two island of Samar and Leyte. This bridge has been build as one of the President Marcos project in the Philippines spanning over scenic of San Juanico Strait-reputed to be the narrowest navigable strait in the world. This bridge is one of the famous manmade here in the Philippines but as many years passing by seem everyone forget that we have such strong structural design. When I was a kid I used to dream passing by at this bridge though my Mom bought me this shirt where printed in front of it.

Fondest memory: Im only a kid the first time i see this Bridge since back to 80's this is one of the famous manmade structured here in my country. I always hope to feel what my friends told me when they passed by this place riding bus going to Manila that the Bridge build it good and surrounded by small and beaituful Island. Its a long time ago that even other people here in Philippines forget this Bridge to promote as the narrowest navigable bridge..

• Singles

Tacloban City Hotels

Top Tacloban City Hotels

Tacloban Hotels
6 Reviews - 55 Photos

Instant Answers: Tacloban City

Comments

Tacloban City Favorites

Reviews and photos of Tacloban City favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tacloban City sightseeing.
Map of Tacloban City