Places to eat in Tacloban City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Tacloban City

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

Giuseppe's Italian-Filipino Restaurant: Italian in Tacloban

by asianbelle Updated Jul 19, 2006

I read about Guiseppe's in a travel guide under fine dining restos. Curious, we decided to take a look and see what it has to offer.

The place is a bit classy by the city's standard. In lieu of panels, panoramic windows serve as walls giving the pedestrians a glimpse of the resto's interior; alternatively, it gives the diners a view of the busy street. Inside, subdued lighting was utilized giving the resto a cozy and intimate mood. However they are lax with dress code; come as you are.

Favorite Dish: As starter, we ordered Enselata te Mareta. As the name suggests, it is fresh cucumber with shrimp and sliced squid dipped in pickle-relished mayonnaise served with pieces of crackers. Although I shy away from anything with mayo, I surprised myself coz I enjoyed the appetizer.

We also ordered Chicken-breast Pizza which turned out to be a let down. There were very few slices of chicken and the crust was not crunchy.

For main course, we had Ravioli alla Panna and it was really a good choice. The dish is made up of square-shaped fresh pasta with pork filling topped with white sauce and ham slices. It easily became my favorite such that until now, the mere thought of it makes me crave for the dish.

Giuseppe's Italian-Filipino Restaurant

• lakwatserang-ligaw's Profile Photo

Sunzibar: Nachos Salad, don't ever miss this!

by lakwatserang-ligaw Updated Apr 7, 2014

This is my favorite restaurant here in Tacloban. Their specialty, Nachos Salad, is to die for! If only I can order a take home, without spoiling the nachos I would! I can't get enough of it!

Favorite Dish: Nachos Salad
    Rum Beef

Nachos Salad

• lakwatserang-ligaw's Profile Photo

Ocho Seafood & Grill Restraunt: Make sure to eat here!

by lakwatserang-ligaw Updated Apr 7, 2014

Ocho Seafood and Grill has been serving Tacloban with a fusion of Filipino and Chinese cuisine since 2002. From a small eatery, it has grown to become one of the city’s top food spots and surely the preferred place for the best seafood in town. Everyday, they pick only the best and freshest ingredients to offer you on the Ocho counters.

With a varied and diverse menu, you are sure to find that seafood indulgence with every visit. Not on the menu? Not a problem. You can tell them how you want your food done and they’ll cook it the way you want! They are open daily from 10 AM to 10 PM.

This restaurant is a must try when you go to Tacloban. Their food are really delicious at a very affordable price. You can choose from fresh seafood, meat & vegetables. Their pinakbet is the best!

Favorite Dish: Pinakbet
    Calamares

Pinakbet Seashells Adobo Stuffed Squid

• brajan2111's Profile Photo

Tacloban Royal Restaurant: try out thier Sinigang Soups

by brajan2111 Written Jan 16, 2007

It's very reasonable in price, most of thier staffs speak English and the menu is well arranged so that you can start up your meal well balanced and finish them smoothly.very good place to dine.

Favorite Dish: Sinigang Babui & calderetta

• Hugo's: authentic Mexican - best cakes and pastries

by acefrog Written Nov 22, 2009

NIcely decorated and air conditioned. Gloria Hugo, the owner, has a superb knowledge of international cuisine. The Mexican dishes are freshly made and authentic. Try the nachos.

Favorite Dish: Nachos, and flautas. Home made and authentic.

• realmercy's Profile Photo

Chow King: Great food low price!

by realmercy Written Apr 22, 2008

Well this is a local chain with lots of local dishes that are favorites.......and they have a picture of the food incase, like me you understand the name of the local entree's.The food is cooked very quickly and the staff offer great service. Please remember if your a tall person and the signs every where say " Watch your Head - Low Ceilings" dont forget like me and see stars for afew minutes upon standing up. :)

• lakwatserang-ligaw's Profile Photo

Rafael Farms: If you love farm!

by lakwatserang-ligaw Written Apr 7, 2014

This is family owned farm and known for their sumptuous food. I loved their version of Calamansi Juice with shredded carrots and cucumber, very refreshing! We went there after visiting San Juanico Bridge so we had to travel for almost an hour and a half. But it’s all worth it when you see the place. It’s very relaxing and the air is fresh.

We had our lunch at one of the native cottage facing the green pastures and mountains. I can’t help feeling sleepy after we had breakfast because of the fresh air. If only we have enough time to just sit there and reminisce *sigh! But we had to go and visit the last spot in our list.

Favorite Dish: Everything we ordered, I love!

Chicken Adobo Pinakbet Laing (Tacloban Version) Barbeque Ribs
    • Kayaking

Tacloban City Hotels

• Dreamtime Guest House

222 MH Del Pilar St. Tacloban City, Leyte Province, Philippines

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Couples

• Hotel Alejandro

We have a horrible experience with the owner at the front desk while we checking inn. She start...

• Hotel D'Angelo

Rizal Avenue, Tacloban, Philippines

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Couples

Top Tacloban City Hotels

Tacloban Hotels
6 Reviews - 55 Photos

Instant Answers: Tacloban City

Comments

Tacloban City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tacloban City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tacloban City sightseeing.
Map of Tacloban City