Places to eat in Tagaytay City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Tagaytay City

Bag of Beans: Comfort food in a Garden

by iclee Updated May 31, 2013

The nondescript entrance leads to an enchanting walkway littered with hanging flowers. Several tables in a garden setting, gazebo type and small halltype serve the customers. Ambiance was suitable for families, romantic hide-aways or casual conferences. I love how the plants were everywhere plus a mix of huge vats filled with floating flowers. I can just imagine how romantic the place looks like at night. We occupied the large varnished wood table inside the large cabana plus the sofa-bed beside it. My brother's 2 year old daughter had fun drinking her bottle of milk while rolling on the bed.

Food was served not too early-not too late. The bread basket was brimming with dollops of blueberry jam and served piping hot. The unlimited servings of Baraco (Philippine) was heaven for my husband. They also offer HouseBlend for those desiring a tamer brew. Perfect when the weather was a bit cold. The variety of english pies makes me really go back to this place since I discovered it. Too bad their Greenhills outlet did not succeed. :( I patronized that branch but I guess others did not. Going back to their English style Chicken and Mushroom pie (PHP400+), my dad commented that we can bring home the leftovers since it's a fairly big (about 9 inches) pie. One hour later, what leftovers? :)

The Mr Beans Cheeseburger and Fries my daughter order was just enough to satisfy her appetite. She left a bite for me to taste it and I rate it juicy & tasty. The Breakfast Sampler was shared by 2 kids. One who favored pancakes while the other one took the bacon with steamed rice (bacon pinoy style).

My total bill amounted to PHP2,300. It was cheap considering we were 6 adults and 3 kids.

January 2013: We went back here and found the place swarming with diners. Unfortunately, Bag of Beans expanded their menu offering and quality truly suffered. They are now offering buffet, too. Wont be going back to dine anymore.

Favorite Dish: Chicken and Mushroom pie

Bag of Beans entrance

• ayn_g's Profile Photo

Pamana Restaurant: Family Recipes

by ayn_g Written Mar 31, 2013

The feel of Pamana Restaurant is like coming home to your ancestral home. The restaurant is filled with trinkets and stuff from the past, old film reels, family pictures, etc. And the menu is filled with family recipes or recipes from friends of the restaurant owner's family. The place is not that big that it can only accommodate a number of customers at a time; so, it's best to make reservations especially during lunch time. The service, though, is very prompt and courteous. We only waited for a short time for us to be seated and have our lunch. Their food is also surprisingly least expensive than we thought it was.

Favorite Dish: All that we ordered were superb, especially their Kare-Kare and Misua (or Birthday Noodles)

• ayn_g's Profile Photo

Tootsie's: Homecooked food

by ayn_g Written Mar 31, 2013

The ambience and food remind me of family gatherings with your favorite dishes on the table. They serve Ilonggo dishes such as Kansi and the prices are not as steep as other restaurants in Tagaytay City. It is easy to spot too as it is located along Aguinaldo Highway.

Favorite Dish: Kansi, Kare-Kare, and their Ube palitaw are reasons why I would keep on coming back to Tootsie's

• Bulalo Point Tagaytay City: Good food is not always enough

by muy003 Updated May 6, 2012

Food is almost always good in the company of your loved ones, especially if it's a big family that almost rarely gets together. This is not my first time dining on the place. I actually insisted on dining there for this occasion so my dad could try the Bulalo we've been raving about.

There were 14 of us. The first thing I asked was if we could occupy two kubo (nipa huts) instead of the long table. To add to the feel of hometown dining. The first waitress/attendant said "Pwede naman po, mam (It may be, ma'm)". So we were choosing two empty kubos. Upon getting there another female attendant came and asked whether we were staying at the kubo, I said yes, "Pwede namang dalawang kubo di ba, katorse kasi kami (We can occupy two kubos, right? There's 14 of us." Then attendant #2 said, "Depende po sa order nyo (It depends on your order)".

Insulted much? Yeah! If there was only me, and I decided to order for twenty bulalos, does that mean I can occupy every single kubo I want? If I were alone and I decided to buy everything on the menu, would it be reasonable for me to occupy more than one kubo?

If there were twenty of us, and we want to stay in a kubo, should we fit ourselves into one kubo, just because?

Immediately I thought of my mom who's really hungry. My grandma who's really tired and just want to sit and eat. They were not around when Attendant number two made her snide remark. My boyfriend who heard it was begging me to remain calm.

So I asked for the menu instead...

Attendant Num 2 saw that I was pissed and asked Number 1 to assist us instead, well who asked for her?! I surely did not. Number 1 called her "ma'm". Number 2 is even more senior than Number 1 and yet, how disrespectful.

Of course I was worried that they'd spit on our food too, so I remained calm and did not confront her.

Out of curiosity, the bus boy, upon our bill out, I asked him what's the rule in occupying kubos. He said that it does not depend on the order. NOT AT ALL.

I told him what happened earlier, HE APOLOGIZED FOR NUMBER 2'S ACTIONS. I thanked him.

In general, the food is good, really good, the ambience is great, it overlooks the lake (from where we were seated in the kubo), but I'm not sure I can forgot Number 2's actions.

If she's indeed superior Number 1, and that's how she treated us.. well I'd think twice next time we're in tagaytay and want some Bulalo..

Favorite Dish: Really good and affordable Bulalo, paired with Crispy Pata and fried rice

Leslie's Restaurant: Good Food + Great View

by cyndymc Written Nov 19, 2011

Leslie's Restaurant is one of the popular restaurants offering a great view of Taal Lake & Volcano aside from good local food. It specializes in local cuisine and seafood dishes. It is also known for Tagaytay "Bulalo", a soup dish specialty in Tagaytay. Leslie's offers free Bulalo soup to diners who are not so keen at eating the meat. They not only give free Bulalo soup, they also add some vegetables to the soup.

Leslie's Restaurant has native-inspired motif in its interior decoration and furnishings. They have a big dining hall, plus native cottages near the ridge. Some native cottages are constructed on the cliff for added dining adventure. If you use these "hanging cottages" , you'll have to pay extra for the cottage (P600 if I remember right). I must admit we bring guest there because of the ambience and great view.

There are serenaders who sing from table to table. Foreigners usually delight in them. They can sing your favorite song upon request.

Service is fast if you are a group...Sadly, service is slow if you are a lone diner;(

Favorite Dish: I like most their "inihaw na liempo" (grilled pork belly), "pinakbet" (mixed vegetables cooked in shrimp paste with pork) and "Kare-kare" (beef stewed with peanut sauce & veggies). The meat was cooked thoroughly until tender.

Leslie's Pinakbet Leslie's Inihaw Na Liempo Leslie's Kare-Kare Crispy Tawiles Baked Tahong (Mussels)

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Jollibee: First Meal in Philippines

by Aidy_p Written Jun 27, 2011

Like a baby learning how to walk, eating at Jollibee was truly an experience. I know that you can find the restaurant at every corner, but this was our very first meal in Philippines. So the first bite was totally sacred.

We were not sure how to order the food but one thing's for sure. The food is definitely value-for-money. A spaghetti with drinks for about S$1.50!

The restaurant, as of most fast food restaurants, was pretty clean and nicely decorated with proper lighting, tables and chairs.

Favorite Dish: As the host had prepared lunch for us, the stop-over at Jollibee was more to fill our stomachs till enough to get us to the next destination.

I ordered a one piece chicken meal with a rice cake and drink all for the price of p88 (S$2.50). This was the first time that we had rice cake with a piece of chicken and the rice was really piping hot. So nice that I can really eat it on its own.

Front of Jolliebee! Nice Restaurant Ambience Here's what I'd ordered

• Josephine's Restaurant: The best breakfast buffet in Tagaytay

by thescene Updated Jan 4, 2011

Josephine's Resturant located along the ridge of the Taal Volcano is well known for their breakfast buffet. Here you get a value for money selection of breakfast food including favorites like ham, bacon and hotdogs. There is also a omelette bar where you can ask the cook to make one up to your specifications. If you prefer a more healthy breakfast you can try eating some of their fruits or their cereal bar. If it's possible try getting a table as close to the windows where you can see a breathtaking view of the Taal Volcano.

Favorite Dish: Tapa
    Chicken Arroz Caldo

Mang Inasal Tagaytay: BBQ With Unlimited Rice & Sinigang Soup

by cyndymc Updated Oct 1, 2010

We came from Royale Tagaytay Country Club, and were on our way to Army Navy where we planned to eat its famous burritos, but when traffic slowed down at Crossing Mendez, we noticed the crowd at the newly opened Mang Inasal Restaurant adjacent to SM Savemore. (There are 2 Mang Inasal restaurants in Tagaytay City. The first one that opened is at the Tagaytay-Silang Junction where Max's Fried Chicken Restaurant used to be.) Hubby suddenly had a craving for BBQ meal with hot white rice. My daughter also suddenly craved for Mang Inasal's really sour "sinigang" soup...so, we aborted the plan to eat burritos.

What is so special about Mang Inasal BBQ? Why did we suddenly crave for it? Mang Inasal's special marinate, a concoction of local spices and herbs make their pork and chicken really tasty. Skewered in bamboo sticks, then charcoal-grilled, the "inasal" (Visayan term for grilled food) has a distinctive Ilonggo barbecue goodness: delicious, tender and juicy.

Mang Inasal's "Paborito" (Favorite) Meals include your choice of BBQ, white rice wrapped in banana leaves and a bowl of sinigang soup. Diners can ask for more rice (unlimited!) and soup (unlimited, too!), in fact, a staff goes around offering customers additional servings.

Inasal is best eaten with dipping sauce so all tables have a condiment rack . You can mix soy sauce with "kalamansi" (local lime), chicken oil and chili. Alternatively, you can just dip it in naturally fermented coconut vinegar.

Some diners sprinkle coconut oil (sinfully delicious!) on their rice, then eat ala-"kamayan" (Tagalog term for eating with hands) or "kinamot" (Ilonggo term). Eating with hands, sans spoon and fork is acceptable in this restaurant.

The service crew are polite, fast and efficient.

Favorite Dish: Hubby enjoyed his succulent "Paa" (chicken leg and thigh) with 2 cups of hot, steamy rice and a bowl of "sinigang" soup (Paborito Meal 1 for only P97).

My daughter loved her Pecho (chicken breast and wing) with 2 cups of rice and 2 bowls of sinigang soup (Paborito Meal 2 for only P99).

I liked my tender, juicy Pork inasal (2 sticks) with 1 cup of rice. I gave my sinigang soup to my daughter (Paborito Meal 3 for only P99).

My Paborito Meal:2 Sticks BBQ With Rice My Daughter's Pecho Paborito Meal Hubby's Paa Paborito Meal Order Counter Mang Inasal @ Crossing Mendez

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Army Navy: Yummy Jumbo Burgers & Burritos!

by cyndymc Updated Sep 9, 2010

I was delighted to see an Army Navy Branch in Tagaytay. I suddenly remembered my grandson who loves Army Navy's triple deck burger, but since he was not with us when we went to Tagaytay recently, we didn't eat there.

Army Navy specializes in American - Mexican food combos, oversized burgers (P135-235), burritos (P135-155), quesadillas (P85-135), and soft-shelled tacos (P125-145).

The place is unassuming, with an army barracks motif. The kitchen can be seen behind the order counter which is in a structure resembling an army bunker. The diners eat al fresco at the military-style wooden benches and tables. There are also chairs with umbrella tables. Just a few steps down the garden, Taal Lake & Volcano can be seen.

Army Navy opens from 10:00 am - 11:00 pm on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Fridays and Saturdays, it opens from 10:00 am to past midnight, till 12:30 am.

Favorite Dish: My grandson loves the biggest burger which hubby and I can't even finish (we have to share). while my daughter loves their steak burrito and quesadillas.

Army Navy Army Navy Army Navy Army Navy

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Yellow Cab: Craving For New York Pizza?

by cyndymc Written Sep 9, 2010

We usually go to Yellow Cab wherever and whenever we have a craving for New York-style pizzas. Yellow Cab Tagaytay Branch is therfore a welcome treat for us.

The Tagaytay Branch is housed in a 2-level building. The ground floor has a backdoor that leads to the Army Navy tables. Past these tables and chairs is a garden with a view of Taal Lake & Volcano. The fresh air and view is a welcome respite from the tiring road trip, but you can have good souvenir pictures with the Taal Lake & Volcano as background, UNLESS you go down the slopes of the garde, (quite risky, especially during rainy season!). There is a better view of the Taal Lake & Volcano from the terrace of the 2nd level. You can even view it while dining if you stay near the glass walls.

While eating, I couldn't help but notice at least 4 butterflies on the glass walls and door; perhaps they came in with the guests who went to the terrace, then were trapped inside. Hubby opened the glass door and coaxed them back outside.

Yellow Cab opens from 10:00 am - 8:00 pm daily. It has delivery service to residential areas for a minimum order of P250.00. Guaranteed delivery in 30 - 45 minutes

Favorite Dish: When it is only the two of us (hubby & me) traveling, we usually get the Four Seasons
    Pizza which is a actually a Gourmet sampler: of NY Classic #4 Cheese, Anchovy Lovers, roasted garlic and shrimp. You can order it in different sizes, depending on your appetite: 10"(₱380.00), 14"(₱610.00), 18"(₱815.00). I also like their Double Baked Potatoes.

4 Seasons Pizza Double Baked Potatoes View of Taal Lake & Volcano From Yellow Cab Yellow Cab & Army Navy Compound

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Carlos Pizza: "Pizza con Taal Volcano"

by cyndymc Updated Sep 8, 2010

Carlos Pizza not only boasts of a wide variety of pastas & pizzas, it also prides itself with a magnificent view of Taal Lake & Volcano. The restaurant is airconditioned, but most diners prefer the tables on the porch at the back, with a wide garden and panoramic view of Taal Lake & Volcano.

Having tried many restaurants along the ridge, I personally think Carlos Pizza offers a better view of the lake and volcano. Those who wish to have souvenir pictures with Taal Lake & Volcano as background won't be disappointed.

Service is Fast; food is superb; view is fantastic!

Favorite Dish: Fish & Chips and Abruzzi Pizza (w/ ham, pepperoni, bacon & Italian Sausage) are our favorites.

Their fruit shakes (especially watermelon) are very delicious!

Perfect View of Taal Lake & Volcano Abruzzi Pizza & Watermelon Shake Fish & Chips Garden Behind Carlos Pizza Carlos Pizza Signage Visible At Parking Lot

Amoroma: Adorable Italian

by iclee Updated Mar 11, 2010

Basic Italian pizzeria with checkered table tops and a brick oven.

Free foccacia and ciabatta when you dine fresh from the oven.

Ambiance is casual. Limited time to serve clients so check the dinner and lunch slots.

Parking at the back of building.

A variety of beers to accompany your meal eg Heineken but personally, I prefer a glass of vino.

Pasta is freshly made onsite. I tried the Mushroom Truffle and you can readily taste the difference of the fresh pasta. Superb!

I dont like the panna cotta (not smooth and silky) and the gelato (too icy) so I suggest that you take dessert somewhere else.

I also ordered Bruschetta which was very good but I was already a bit full from the free focaccia. So, mental note, next time take either the bruschetta or just the focaccia.

Paid PHP1919.50 (U$1=46) for 2 complete with dessert, beer and a glass of wine. Not bad for a very good Italian meal.

Would definitely go back and bring the kids next time.

Favorite Dish: Mushroom Truffle pasta.

Bruschetta Pomodoro Mushroom Truffle Panna Cotta Canneloni Gelato

Buon Giorno Cafe and Bistro: Italian twist in Tag

by iclee Updated Mar 11, 2010

Romantic ambiance, scenic view, ample selection, fresh pizza, midrange pricing and away from bustling crowd = Buon Giorno.

I like the Cliffhouse exclusivity. My mind races when I eat amongst a crowd. Dining to me usually mean soft music and white table tops. Not unless am in Malaysia hawker stall grounds.

Pasta is always satisfying in this place. Kids love the smoothies/frappe (choco chip cookies). I always opt for the opium bed near the entrance. The one at the far back is sometimes infested with prickly caterpillar. I can relax after eating or while having dessert by plopping the pillows.

2 adults + 2 kids = I paid PHP1525. Though am a salad eater and they all ate pasta and pizza.

Note: I noticed that they have smaller portions compared to the time they launched. Must be due to the difficult financial times.

They have a branch in Liberty Center, Mandaluyong city but when we dined there I noticed a few distinct differences than the Tagaytay original. I'll stick to the original. I was even given a serving of panna cotta that was way past its consumption deadline.

Favorite Dish: Pescatore ala Puttanesca PHP286, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio PHP252 and the Buon Giorno salad PHP202. Fresh and not to sour.

Blueberry Cheesecake at Buon Giorno Opium bed

Tootsie's Homecooked Specialties: Home Recipes Passed on To Generations

by cyndymc Updated Jul 19, 2009

After a short trip to Talisay, Batangas, my husband and I decided to stop by Tootsie's Homemade Specialties to try out their food, instead of us going to our usual place, Royale Tagaytay.

We liked the ambiance at Tootsie's, but I couldn't take many pictures because the owner was there, she might feel conscious and think I'm a spy of another resto. She was nice, though, she approached us and engaged us in conversation like a good hostess in her house. The food we tasted was good; prices reasonable; staff courteous.

We were attracted by their streamer outside which advertised their Pancit Molo Valenciana, but we opted to have Shrimp Pesto Pasta and Fish and Chips. Wow, my husband and I were amazed; our plates were "wiped out", not only because we were so hungry after a road trip, but the food really tasted great.

I liked also their Ladies' Room which looked very clean, smelled clean, and looked great with flowers, scented candles, and some toiletries.

Favorite Dish: We ate only once yet, but we can say we liked the Shrimp Pesto Pasta and Fish & Chips very much.

Tootsie's Homecoooked Specialties Road Sign Fish & Chips Green Mango Shake Fish & Chips and Shrimmp Pesto Pasta Inside Ladies' Room

• Il Gallo Nero: check it out

by bijouxcher Written Jul 9, 2009

I loved the food. The dishes were surprisingly authentic.

Favorite Dish: Kids had the pizza, and I loved it. Hubby had the Rigatoni Salccicia, and seemed to like it. Got their home made tiramisu, which was also quite good. Ended up ordering another one.

Tagaytay City Hotels

Top Tagaytay City Hotels

Tagaytay Hotels
259 Reviews - 846 Photos

Instant Answers: Tagaytay City

Comments

Tagaytay City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tagaytay City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tagaytay City sightseeing.
Map of Tagaytay City