Places to eat in Tagaytay City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Tagaytay City

• KookieDough's Profile Photo

Taj of Tagaytay: Great Indian food and a spectacular view

by KookieDough Written Feb 3, 2009

In 9 out of our 10 weekend stays in Tagaytay City, we have gone to Taj of Tagaytay for lunch or dinner. We just love the food here and the attendants' pleasant service makes us feel comfortable and satisfied.

Favorite Dish: I recommend their Vegetable Samosas (PHP100 for 2 pcs), Chicken Tikka Masala, Mutton Curry and Chicken Biryani (rice). Each entree costs from about PHP200 to PHP350 and is good for 2-3 persons. I love their Rose Sharbat, which is a rosewater-based drink (PHP60), and for dessert, Kulfi (Indian ice cream).

• Singles

• santeria01's Profile Photo

Java Jazz Cafe: Very artsy cafe

by santeria01 Written Jan 6, 2009

So my nose was too cold to the touch, we decided to have a coffee-somewhere; anywhere! And we chanced on this quaint little coffee shop a few blocks from Tagaytay econo inn. The shop has a homey and artsy ambiance, really relaxing. :-) It has wood furnitures, there are also two small japanese table where we can sit cross legged! And all over its walls are paintings that must be made by the owner of the cafe.

Favorite Dish: I took the "Cafe de Tagaytay" - a concoction of brewed coffee with white chocolate. Yum! My sister had an espresso and my mom - a chocolate fan like me - took the "Tsokolate-eh". Pancake is not so good though. But the ambiance and the coffee made it all up for me.

Me and the japanese table My sister My mom and me, check the background paintings!

• santeria01's Profile Photo

Leslie's Restaurant: Filipino food rocks!

by santeria01 Updated Jan 6, 2009

We had our lunch at Leslie's Restaurant. They serve local food but on bigger servings. We had yang chao fried rice (ok that's not local), pinakbet, green mango ensalada and sinigang na baboy. We took the mini hut at the overlooking area. Big mistake since it was sooo windy.

Favorite Dish: I'm a perennial fan of sinigang, be it pork, milkfish, shrimp or chicken. Their sinigang na baboy is heavenly. :-)

Pakbet Sinigang na Baboy

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Bag of Beans: Coffee,pastries,coffee,garden,coffee... get it?

by JaneCajuguiran Updated Dec 12, 2008

Lacking the popularity that other coffee houses seem to be enjoying is this resto called the Bag of Beans. Being in the city of Tagaytay, it is set in a cozy garden with both covered and uncovered areas to enjoy your coffee (what else!). And oh you should try to get one of their pies... ummm dddddeeeelectable! What's more is that these pies sell for less than 100 pesos. You may wish to have your meal served at either the roadside restaurant, or in one of the gardenhouses or at the garden itself.

Favorite Dish: coffee and chicken & mushroom pie... I have yet to try their other course but I don't have enough room for them yet. They have native hot chocolate but I didn't like it so much. It lacked more chocolate to bring out its rich flavor. Another favorite as of this writing is the raisin bread. You may purchase it either from the store or order it from the garden resto. They can heat it up for you when you request for it. Also, do try their carrot loaf. It is the same as their carrot cake which is sliced. The sliced cake costs about 3/4 the price of the loaf. However, the size of the sliced cake is about 1/3 of the loaf. I had our loaf heated and sliced. We then topped it with vanilla ice cream. It came out much cheaper than the ala mode but just as good.

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Gourmet's Cafe Coffeeshop: Coffee at the Cafe - Where else?

by JaneCajuguiran Updated Mar 22, 2008

Coffee is best taken at a coffeeshop. Gourmet Cafe's coffee is situated right along the Aguinaldo so you won't miss it. It has plain brewed barako coffee and has herbed flavored cookies that're so tempting. This is the more affordable place to eat and enjoy Gourmet Cafe (the other one in the same compound is the Fine Dining restaurant). Their coffee is only 60 pesos per cup and the cookies are about 10 pesos each. They have wi-fi connection too so you can actually work there while enjoying Tagaytay's weather.

visit my blog at http://www.pinas-et-al.blogspot.com for more stories.

Favorite Dish: Try their rum cake and rosemary and walnut cookies. So goooood!

• Desert

• labyrnth29's Profile Photo

Carlo's pizza: Pizza and the View

by labyrnth29 Written Mar 6, 2008

The pizza and the buffalo wings are superb although it took them a little while to serve the dishes we ordered. It was the overlooking view of taal lake and the volcano itself made the wait worth it.

Favorite Dish: The buffalo wings

Gourmet Cafe Fine Dining Area: Fine Dining at One of Tagaytay's Finest

by JaneCajuguiran Written Feb 24, 2008

At Gourmet Cafe, you get an organic meal at a fine dining restaurant. You should try their salad bar. It's filling yet totally affordable. Oh, and their banaba bottomless tea. Truly refreshing.
    Check my blog at http://pinas-et-al.blogspot.com/2008/02/fine-dining-in-tagaytay-gourmet-cafe.html.

Favorite Dish: i loved the Seafood Scampy and creamy carbonara. Their salads taste really great too. and it is really affordable.

• Luxury Travel

• Yla's Profile Photo

Starbucks Coffee - Tagaytay: Great after-dinner coffee

by Yla Updated Oct 23, 2007

All Starbucks Coffee branches practice standards that have built its name, from consistent coffee blending, blending other drinks, delicious pastries, staff's friendly and cheerful service. However, coffee comes with all things hurried, and getting your favorite blend is or should be done fast too. With my original intention of relaxing with my coffee, it starts everytime as hurry! hurry! Hey, cool down!
    What makes Starbucks-Tagaytay different is its location. What could best go with your coffee is a 15 degree cold air creeping into your sleeves, collar and at the bottom of your pants...

• Yla's Profile Photo

Mile Hi - Tagaytay: For a filling dinner

by Yla Updated Oct 23, 2007

Mile-Hi is an old name, reminding one of a goo'ol American family diner in Camp John Hay in Baguio City during the 80'. It's a small place, with white-splashed wall decorated by pictures of old things 80', a welcoming porch and a balcony that overlooks the Taal volcano. The whole restaurant couldn't possibly seat more than 100 persons and quite cozy.

Staff were ready to welcome guests and quick to prepare the required seating capacity. Unfortunately, there seemed to be more service staff than kitchen crew as the meals ordered were late to arrive. Moreover, there's lack of planning in meal preparation as the kids' meals (of spaghetti and fries) were the last the arrive and the steaks ordered arrived about 10 minutes in interval. The kids have become restless and bored and the adults frustrated with not having been able to dine together. There were 6 adults and 4 kids in our group, and the restaurant may need to train to handle group diners and families.

Favorite Dish: Despite the need for improvement on the service, the food were excellent, the ribs were very tender and the steaks properly done. I like it that a diner has a choice to get a local or imported steak, the difference of which is the price and source of the meat. Other food like fish steak, fish/chips, calamares and fries were good too. However, the spaghetti sauce was watery and salad very little for its serving, ironically since Tagaytay is a salad country.

Mile-Hi, Tagaytay City

• keytie03's Profile Photo

Leslie's: Great View, Good Food, Great Music

by keytie03 Written Oct 15, 2007

Leslie's interior is all wood, a very "local" feel. It's setting is more for a group meal not for a romantic dinner I must say. The viands are all good for 3-4 people so much as we want to try more viands, we just settled for the bulalo and kare-kare.

What made Leslie's unforgettable for me was the local band it had ( take note it was a 'walking' with just some guitars and a cielo), the music is so acoustic and romantic! They even sang for each table, including us! They chose really mushy songs for us (me and my hubby) which was really heartwarming and we even took a video to remember us by! Definitely worth hearing, just prolly go there at night or past 6pm I guess. Not sure if they perform everyday.

Favorite Dish: The bulalo was great, as for the kare-kare, I've tasted something more delectable than theirs. Other than than the ambiance was great!

I just wish I've tasted their calamares and other food. I will definitely go back but will bring along more friends to try out more dishes! =^_^=

great view, you could eat here as well My hubby, in our small dining table This is the view from Leslie's

• moymoydtraveller's Profile Photo

Leslies Restaurant Tagaytay: Great Food

by moymoydtraveller Written Sep 4, 2007

Food here is great especially the Bulalo or Nilagang baka very tasty, They serve big servings usually 1 order good for 2 person, so make sure not to order to much! Drinks they serve shakes, juice i recomend fresh buko

Favorite Dish: Inihaw na Pusit for the Seafood Seeker
    Nilagang Baka or Bulalo for the Soup Hunter
    Shakes for the thirsty traveller

• junefer's Profile Photo

leslie's reataurant: bbq chiken yummy

by junefer Written Jul 18, 2007

dont forget to drop by in this resto to have lunch or dinner...this resto offer a lot of food menus that
    suit your taste...and its has a beautifull overlooking view of the lake while you dining...

Favorite Dish: bbq chiken hmmp yum yum....but its quite expensive for local people..

• drunkenmaster4's Profile Photo

Diner - Bulalohan: Local Filipino cuisine in its finest (in Tagaytay)

by drunkenmaster4 Updated May 28, 2007

Whenever we pass by Tagaytay and we are looking for local cuisines (as most of the new chic restaurants in Tagaytay are mostly western fastfood chains), we only go for Bulalohan near the Tagaytay old market place (main highway).

They serve traditional foods and of course their primier dish is Bulalo (a beef stew with cow limbs- bones, meat and cartiledge all in all but the center of attraction is what we call "utak" or brains in english but it is actually bone marrow- not sure why old timers call it brains). They also serve seafood dishes like shrimps and fishes (look for the indegenous sardine- maliputo- only located in Taal Lake as it entered the lake when it was then connected to the seas eons ago and eventually evolved to a new species after the disconnect).

The only issue is that its a bit expensive here although the ambiance seems cheap.

Favorite Dish: Bulalo, Ginataan Sugpo, Papaitan, Ginataan Tilapia

Buon Giorno Caffe at the Cliffhouse: Good Food, Great Ambiance

by drunkenmaster4 Updated May 22, 2007

Not all restaurant with a fancy name equals to good food. But this one, watchamacalit, is one great restaurant. It serves food from the best ingredients- its fine dining in Tagaytay. The resturant though don't serve liquor. But the adjacent establishments would fill in the void. Its one of the trendiest group of restaurants in Tagaytay known as the cliff house. It has great views of Taal Lake but since you usually dine here- the view serves no purpose after dark.

Cliffhouse is a nice hang-out area especially if you are at Tagaytay to impress your date.

Favorite Dish: Salmon and Lamb dishes. Their pesto spaghetti is also one of the best.

Breakfast at Antonio's: Lunch and Dinner Too

by drunkenmaster4 Updated May 22, 2007

We have'nt tried the lunch and dinner because as stereotypes, we went there for what else- breakfast!

The food is good so is the crowd but the cost is on the steeper end- like dining on a 5 star hotel restaurant. This is most probably the reason why the crowd are from class A. Who would pay for a ham, eggs and potatoes for 250 Php. I would then say the ambiance and crowd is good but the food, though good is too pricey. So if you have the money - indulge, otherwise go for a better value for money restaurant (in fact there are classy restaurants (i.e. Cliffhouse) near the Starbucks area where you can get more for your money with the same quality food.

By the way, this restaurant is part of the other Antonio's restaurant in Tagaytay.

Favorite Dish: Eggs hehe...

Spectacular view amidst synthetic lawn

Tagaytay City Hotels

Top Tagaytay City Hotels

Tagaytay Hotels
259 Reviews - 846 Photos

Instant Answers: Tagaytay City

Comments

Tagaytay City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tagaytay City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tagaytay City sightseeing.
Map of Tagaytay City