Antonio's, Tagaytay

Main dining room
    Terrace overlooking the gardens

Antonio's

by syllybabe Updated Apr 16, 2005

We ordered a red Australian wine as suggested by Tonyboy and he was right...it was perfect with the steak we ordered.
    I'd come all the way to Tagaytay again for this...maybe next time with a group of 10 so we can order the house special which is stuffed roast suckling pig.
    Total damage was $80 for dinner for two with a bottle of wine.

Terrace overlooking the gardens

Antonio's

by syllybabe Updated Aug 11, 2003

Antonio's has been featured in several magazines the past few months. There have been stories of a senator and her party being refused the dining experience because she didn't have a reservation and the buzz about a 3-month wait for a confirmation for a table during the weekends and a month and a half for a weekday dinner.
    I had to see for myself what the hype was all about for different reasons. One, the owner is from Bacolod and two, the way people raved about the layout of the restaurant made me all the more curious.
    When we first called to make a reservation around the first week of April, the first available weekend was for June 14.
    I wasn't worried...I knew which strings to pull and pull them I did and got a confirmation for the weekend that I wanted, Sunday, April 27.
    We arrived at the gate around 430 and were not allowed to go in. We came back at 515 and still the gate was closed. Hmm...using the snob appeal to the hilt and pushing it a bit too far, don't you think?
    Finally at 525 the guard opened the gate and upon entering the foyer, we were greeted by the chef himself. After formalities, I introduced myself as his sister's friend and ilonggo familiarity made me feel less inclined to be critical.
    Truth is, I was thoroughly impressed with the design of the dining areas and the gardens. Colored lamps were hung to lend a cozy, romantic feel even in the lower deck where we chose to dine.
    To match the snob appeal, we ordered the most expensive combination on the menu. Char-broiled rib-eye steak, salad with foie-gras (interesting feature was that it was glazed) and dressing was tinged purple which, according to the chef was imported berries. Cream of white onion soup came with the meal and so did the chocolate souffle for dessert. Both left a lot to be desired and I'd recommend they don't compromise on these because they're just as important as the rest of the items on the menu.
    continued below...

Main dining room

more images of Antonio's

by syllybabe Written May 7, 2003

I'm trying to show you how conducive for romance this place is. Add the fact that Tagaytay gets chilly at night and you have perfect recipe for looove!!!
    Problem is, I went to Tagaytay with the funniest person in the world and our main purpose was to critique the food and the hype.
    Had as much fun but next time, I'm going with a "date"! ;p Sama ka pa rin, D. LOL

Instant Answers: Tagaytay