Tagaytay Tourist Traps

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Tagaytay

• baleleng's Profile Photo

Tricycle drivers- Don't be fooled by them!

by baleleng Written Dec 27, 2006

In one forum, a member told his tale of how a tricycle driver fooled them by telling them that the inn where he intended to stay was already fully booked, so he bought them to this seedy inn with no hot water and busted cable tv. He paid 60+ pesos for fare and to top it all, he found out too late that the hotel he wanted to go to was not really full. And he also found out that it's a modus operandi by tricycle drivers and owners of seedy inns. Drivers have a percentage whenever they bring in clients.

Unique Suggestions: If there's no choice but to commute via tricycle, insist to the driver that you want to check out for yourself if the inn/hotel you want is fully booked or not.

Fun Alternatives: If the place is really fully booked, ask the inn/hotel where you really intend to stay where can they suggest for you to stay instead.

• Don't judege a book by it's cover! Its stinks!

by d_chief Written Sep 9, 2007

We stayed in a hotel in Tagaytay named Windyridge. It has a nice view and a nice lobby. But the that's it. The service is terrible, food service takes too long and the bathroom stinks. I don't know why, but there's a strong stench emanating out of the bathroom. The room is so so, but what I can't stand, is that we have to hold our breath when we have to use the bathroom facilities. Never again would I stay in that hotel. Don't be fooled by the beautiful facade!

• Nightmare Hotel!

by femme888 Written Sep 10, 2007

We came across this hotel on a day trip. We went down to take a look and liked it's cozy lobby and the view. When we got back to manila we decided to call the hotel and reserved 2 rooms for me, my hubby and our friends (also a couple) to coincide with a tripping we will be having in Nasugbu. That's when it all started to go downhill. First they bungled our reservations, only to call us a few days before the trip that they have double booked for that date and particular room. When we finally sorted the problem out, we decided to forward with the weekend, but sad to say, that was just the beginning of our woes... When we arrived we were so hungry, coz' we haven't had chance to have lunch and also encountered heavy traffic at the South expressway. I went straight to the front desk and pais dor our rooms, then I told them to set up a table for 5 and then we proceeded to get our bags from the car, unpacked and turned on the airconditioner. When we went out to the dining area, they still haven't set-up the table, being too tired to argue, we just went to another resto.

After our meal, we hurried back to windyridge hotel, looking forward to a massage and a nap. But when we got back o our room, My God! the room was so warm (remember, we turned on the ac before we left). I went to the front desk o complain, but they were so slow and incompetent. I was really irked, considering they already bungled our reservations before. While waiting for the maintenance man, Iwent to check on the jacuzzi tub, but to my horror, it was dirty, there was dirt / scum in the crevices of the jets, I also found a strand of hair! That was it! It was too much! Incompetence, bad service, busted aircon and a dirty tub for a room that costs 4,920 (take note that's the promo price already!). I marched to the front desk and demanded for a refund.

We were able to find another hotel for that weekend, but I was already bummed by the experience. So as a tip, if u want to enjoy a nice and clean overnight stay in tagaytay, Avoid Windyridge hotel.

Instant Answers: Tagaytay

Comments

Tagaytay Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Tagaytay tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tagaytay sightseeing.