Tagaytay Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Tagaytay

• shavy's Profile Photo

Taal Lake and to Taal Island

by shavy Updated Feb 1, 2015

Visiting Tagaytay is not complete without visiting Taal Island. We were doubting of doing this because it was cold and bad weather. We have two days in the city which was too much, while Tagaytay is not really worth to spend for more than a day. But okay we tried to fill our day and enjoyed our stay.

We normally want to take a jeepney to get here, but once we walk out from our hotel, there was a tricycle asked if where we going I said to Crater Lake, and asked him how much the fare to go there?, he give his price which was too much, so we walk away and I said we'll take the jeepney. He asked me how much is my price, so I gave him my price.

Then we make a deal if I rent him for a day I give 1200 peso, at first he don't want to do it but then I say okay no problem I'll look for another trike, and he is agree with it. Coming to Crater lake is quite a distance, the road is not really easy especially for small vehicle, zigzag-up and down. When we arrive at the pier, there was a big board where the boat prices are stated. I saw the price of the boat was 1500 peso return.

So, we went inside and I saw it was quite and many of the boatmen setting right there waiting for passenger. I didn't see a lot of tourists around, probably they were already on the other side, and still there was plenty of boats available. I ask one of the boatmen how much the price of the boat even though I know the price already as stated outside 1500 peso. I ask for 1200 peso at first they said no, but I keep on bargaining and stick to my price, and one of the boatmen said okay 1200 peso

While they arranging our boat we have to register inside, and pay some small amount for registration I think was 15 peso each and also paid the boat. The weather that day is very windy, so during the ride it was not very pleasant, we had a very rough ride and very wet. But we have a waterproof sailcloth to cover our stuff. The boat ride took about 20-25 minutes.

Glad we made it to the island, dripping wet. In the island once getting off the boat the first shop we saw is souvenir shop who sale t-shirt. But we didn't bother of buying those shirt, was a very expensive t-shirt. We have some extra pullover inside our backpack we change to it.

So, my advice if you are coming alone here, try to negotiate the boat, do not pay the full price, there were plenty of boats. Many of those boatman waiting for passengers and if one don't agree with your price walk around there is always one who take your price. And take some extra dry clothes with you, you'll never know during the boat ride you'll get very wet

The pier Boat for crossing to the island
    • Horse Riding
    • Sailing and Boating

• shavy's Profile Photo

Provincial bus Terminal is on Coastal Mall

by shavy Written Jan 31, 2015

We took a night bus from Banaue and wanted to go to Tagaytay right after arriving in Manila. I have looking the night before on the internet how to commute to Tagaytay from Cubao. I found the site that it can be easy to take a bus in the same area where we arrived. The website of buses in Manila is not updated, so never rely on that. To be sure of the timetable contact them and better ring them with telephone number that provide in their site, but sometimes the phone number is not correct, if you see more than one phone number try ring all the numbers

None of the buses leave from Cubao to Tagaytay. Don't even bother of asking a conductor or driver in Cubao, because you only get a wrong information

When we arrive at the terminal in Cubao I asked again the driver, he said we have to take a tricycle, so we took a tricycle from terminal to the other terminal which is very short distance. We get to the terminal where the driver indicated. We ask one of the driver or conductor in that terminal if there were bus going to Tagaytay and they said no, we have no destination for Tagaytay. They told us to catch a bus on the highway that goes to Tagaytay without going to the terminal in Pasay.

So, the tricycle driver drove us to the highway and we waited for the bus, we saw a few bus passing through with Tagaytay signboard and we try to stop them but they didn't stop because it's full already. We standing there for about 30 minutes and no luck. There was one passenger standing next to us also try to catch the bus to Tagaytay I ask him where to commute for Tagaytay or where is the main bus terminal. He said in "Buendia or Pasay". So, we took a cab and asked to bring us to Pasay terminal

The taxi driver wasn't sure either where to commute for Tagaytay, I said to him just bring us to Pasay bus terminal that bound for Tagaytay. And suddenly he said, "oh that is in "Coastal Mall" but I'm not sure he said. I said to myself, what? even taxi driver doesn't know the terminal?

Well, we made it to Coastal Mall and once we get off the cab I saw directly a bus with designated for Tagaytay, I was so relief. Now I know and will never forget!, this bus terminal called " Provincial bus terminal". Pasay terminal at COASTAL MALL is for "South Bound" short distance journey. While Cubao - terminal is bound for Northern trip, I will never forget this, after all the hassle we've been through

To get here, take a taxi or bus. If you are in Cubao, take a bus which is a lot cheaper than taxis with sign "PASAY or COASTAL MALL". We took a taxi from Cubao which cost us 270 peso on the meter. The Pasay bus stops at the mall and the terminal is just behind it.

Bound for Cavite, Batangas or Nasugbu and Tagaytay and etc. Look for designated or ask!. The terminal is not really good organized a bit confusing, each bus has signboard next to the driver seat for destination, so, you will never get into the wrong bus, if you are unsure about it, read the signboard carefully or ask.

Going to Tagaytay take a bus designated "Nasugbu via Tagaytay" and tell the conductor where you get off. The main stop is at Olivarez and Rotonda. Tagaytay has no terminated bus terminal. If you are planning to get off one of the stops I mentioned above, there are tricycles to take you to your destination

Pasay bus terminal
    • Sailing and Boating

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Going to Tagaytay City from Manila

by machomikemd Written Jul 31, 2014

Tagaytay City is a 64 kilometer or about a 1 to two hour drive (depending on the traffic conditions) from the City of Manila via two routes, the first is via the Emilio Aguinaldo Highway and the second is via the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and then to the Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road. there are no taxis in tagaytay city and the mode of transport here is via jeepneys or via private cars or vans, or if you are in a tour, via tour buses.

• barbie_sunrise's Profile Photo

Getting there

by barbie_sunrise Written Jan 14, 2009

from www.tagaytay.gov.ph

Tagaytay is an hour and 15 minutes drive from Manila via the South Superhighway or through the Coastal Road. If going through the South Superhighway, take the Carmona Exit and drive down through the Governor's Drive and Silang up to the entrance of Tagaytay City. Or through South Superhighway, take Sta. Rosa exit going straight to Tagaytay City.

There are two possible ways to get to Tagaytay via the Coastal Road: Indang and Mendez Roads on Trece Martirez and Amadeo areas. If coming from the neighboring town of Ternate, Cavite take the Naic road and drive straight to Indang and Trece Martirez. From Batangas Province, the best way to reach Tagaytay is through the new circumferential road. From Laguna, you may enter Tagaytay through the Carmona exit. There are buses and vans that ply to Tagaytay from Manila on a daily basis from 6:00 AM to 9:00PM. The CELYROSA, CROWN, and other bus companies have their terminals in EDSA, Pasay City,Lawton and at Baclaran.

• nimato's Profile Photo

Getting Around Tagaytay

by nimato Updated Jul 5, 2008

Tagaytay City is pretty much like a small town than a city. A single road by the ridge, no more than 8 kilometers from end to end (People's Park to Residence Inn), is where almost all the activities are happening. The most convenient mode of getting around is by car. Public transpo (jeepneys and trikes) is likewise convenient.

• nimato's Profile Photo

Driving To Tagaytay

by nimato Updated Jul 5, 2008

Getting there by car: If coming from Manila, take this route -- Roxas Boulevard --> Manila-Cavite Expressway (more popularly known as Coastal Road) --> Emilio Aguinaldo Highway.

The end of Emilio Aguinaldo Highway is the main rotunda of Tagaytay City, where the statue of Ninoy Aquino is erected and bounded by establishments such as BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) and 7-11.

Another option is to take the South Luzon Expressway (currently undergoing expansion) and exit at Sta. Rosa. Turn right upon leaving the Sta. Rosa toll and head straight to Tagaytay City. That road is the Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay National Road which ends at the rotunda near Tagaytay City Public Market. Turn right to get to the main rotunda.

Trip duration: about 1-1/2 to 2 hours

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Public Transport (FX) to Tagaytay from MetroManila

by JaneCajuguiran Written Mar 13, 2008

I just found out that there are fx jeeps at the Starmall in Mandaluyong. They're parked alongside EDSA and there are those bound for Batangas (Lipa, Batangas City, etc.) and Tagaytay. It will be cheaper to use the public transport but you may have to bring a lot of things so it might be practical to rent a vehicle.

• baleleng's Profile Photo

Jeeps in Tagaytay

by baleleng Updated Dec 27, 2006

Going to Poeple's Park in the Sky, Tagaytay Highlands, Good Shepherd Convent, Picnic Grove, Development Academy of the Philippines, Nature's Park, Tagaytay Japanese Friendship Garden, Tagaytay Gymnasium: ride the jeep bound to People's Park in the Sky at the Olivarez Plaza. Fare is 15 pesos each.

Going to Dencio's, RSM, Leslie's, Josephine's, Starbucks, Kitaro, Mi-Jo Hotel, Mahogany Market, Tagaytay City Hall, Tagaytay International Convention Center, Taal Vista Hotel, Mushroom Burger, Bag of Beans, Caleruega, Residence Inn Hotel: ride the jeep bound to Nasugbu. Minimum fare is 7 pesos each.

• baleleng's Profile Photo

Crow/Crown Bus Lines

by baleleng Written Dec 27, 2006

The Crow/Crown Bus Lines is the most trusted when it comes to public transport going to and from Tagaytay. The buses going to Batangas usually pass through Olivarez Plaza, Tagaytay City. It is located near the MRT Taft Avenue Station, behind the building where a Chowking restaurant is situated. One-way fare to Tagaytay costs less than a hundred pesos.

• School Holidays

• sherleh's Profile Photo

Jeepney rides are Cheaper!

by sherleh Written Oct 25, 2006

Going to People's Park in the Sky, Picnic Grove, Good Shepherd Convent (for pasalubong!), Tagaytay Econo-Inn, Royal Taal Inn, Keni Po, Aroma Apartelle, Amora Rooms, 5R, Devt. Academy of the Philippines, Japanese Garden, Tagaytay Gymnasium... go to the jeepney terminal @ Olivarez (just a wee bit before the Olivarez Plaza if you're coming from Manila). Take the jeep bound for/with the signage People's Park in the Sky.

Going to Bag of Beans, Caleruega, RSM, Mi-Jo, Leslie's, Starbucks, Kitaro, Josephine's, Parc Royal, Tagaytay Int'l. Convention Center, Mushroom Burger, Rancho Ferva Lodge, Taal Vista, Residence Inn, Tagaytay City Hall, Mahogany Market, 41st Division USAFFE site... take the jeeps bound for Nasugbu or Mendez.

For those who want to get the freshest beef to take home, you can go to Mahogany Market.

At the Olivarez Plaza you can find there's a drugstore, grocery, photo supplies shop, ATM/banks, ukay(thrift shops) and fast food restos.

At the People's Park in the Sky, there are restos, souvenir and food shops. When going back to Olivarez from there, wait for the jeepney going down the park. The driver will drop you off at the terminal, then from the terminal, you can get a ride going back to Olivarez.

Although you can ride a tricycle, they ask for a higher fare. 3X the jeepney fare, actually.

• Singles

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

From Manila to Tagaytay

by victorwkf Written Aug 9, 2006

Although it is possible to travel from Manila to Tagaytay by public transport, it may not be very safe to do so unless your local friends are bringing you there. A safer but more expensive option will be to book a day tour (about US$100-150 depending on itinerary) or overnight tour where you have your own transport and driver, which offers safety and flexibility. To lower the cost, you can form a bigger group as the cost is per vehicle and driver. Day tours can be booked via the internet or while you are in Manila. VT member jasmine_trias is working in a tour agency in Manila and she may be able to help you.

On the road from Manila to Tagaytay

• sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

Crow Bus lines

by sweet_sentiments Written May 10, 2005

there are other bus lines that would take you to tagaytay but i've been using the "Crow" ever since..... fare is around Php70-80 (sorry. forgot the exact fare)..... the terminal is at taft-rotonda..... at the side where the wendy's/chowking is located...... it's along edsa....

(pic not mine)

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Good FX Revo Driver

by AlbuqRay Updated Jul 6, 2004

If you want a good FX driver in the Manila area, call Arnold Martin (Cell: 09208157511). He drives a Toyota Revo, which is a small SUV. He charged 2000 pesos plus gas for the first day to Tagaytay/Talisay and just 1000 pesos the second day. He was going to sleep in the FX Revo but a room was only 400 pesos at the Villa Amparo Resort in Talisay, so it was my treat. Not only is he a good driver, he is a pleasant person to be around. We chatted about all sorts of things...people, the Red Queen effect, traveling, etc.

Arnold and His FX Revo
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Tagaytay

Comments

Tagaytay Transportation

Reviews and photos of Tagaytay transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tagaytay sightseeing.