Fun things to do in Tagbilaran City

Most Viewed Things to Do in Tagbilaran City

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

Trip around Bohol including the Tarsiers

by jorgejuansanchez Updated Jun 21, 2014

In Tagbilaran I contacted a car with driver for me and my girlfrieind at a price that I considered very fair. So during about 6 hours the driver drove around the most beautiful placews of Bohol. We stopped in several old churches made by the Spanisrds in Baroque stile.
    Once of the first stops where we spent about half an hour was in Sandugo, besides a monument called the Blood Compact, between Legazpi and Datu Sikatuna in 1565.
    Once in Chocolate Hills we had lunch and drank a beer San Miguel enjoying a wonderful view.
    After lunch we headed to the Park where we sae several Tarsiers. The guides there were lovely and helped us, all the toruists, to find the places where the Tarsiers were sleeping.
    Back to Tagbilaran we still stopped in more churches and had a loo at a hotel in the middle of the jungle (we had to walk about ten minutes to get there) but since we found the place very far from civilization, we resolved not to stay there, in spite of the beauty of the place. Then back in Tagbilaran the nice driver suggested us a hotel in the downtwon where we were very comfortable.
    Of course, we gave a tip to the driver.

The Blood Pact The Tarsier

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

Panglao Island

by jorgejuansanchez Written May 22, 2014

I visited Panglao Island quite by chance. I missed my ferry from Tagbilaran to Cebu City, had to stay another day in Bohol and resolved to spend it in Panglao Island, just to “kill time”.
    Panglao is not an authentic island since it is connected by two bridges with Bohol Island. I caught a bus looking like a truck and asked the driver to drop me in the best beach. After about half an hour he stopped just for me and showed me a path heading to a beach.
    I walked a couple of hundred of meters and found a beach filled with Filipino families. Then I discovered that Panglao Island is a very popular resort among Pilipino and they compare it to Boracay. I did not agree; Boracay seemed to me much more paradisiacal than Panglao.
    That beach was nice, with white sand and clear water.
    I was not aware of the fact that Panglao Island is in the UNESCO tentative list (I discovered that fact back home, in Spain) and therefore did not bother to get to know better the place. I found out that in Panglao island there are more mollusk than in the whole Mediterranean Sea.
    Late in the afternoon I went back to Tagbilaran hitchhiking, and the next day I caught my ferry back to Cebu.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• lakbayPinas's Profile Photo

Sandugo Shrine

by lakbayPinas Written Jan 30, 2010

Set in the village of Bool, this marker commemorates the Sandugo, a blood compact performed between local chieftain Datu Sikatuna and the Spanish explorer Miguel López de Legazpi on March 16, 1565, as a pact of friendship.

The blood compact is a traditional native custom wherein both parties shed and mix a small amount of their blood with wine, and drink the mixture together to seal their friendship.

The inscription at the marker describes in detail how the blood compact took place:

Each of the two leaders made a small cut in his arm, drew a few drops of blood from the incision, mixed it with wine, and drank the goblet containing the blood of the other. Thus was the first bond of friendship between Filipinos and Spaniards.

Boholanos commemorate this historic event with the month-long Sandugo festival held on July of each year.

at the Sandugo Shrine, Bool, Tagbilaran City at the Sandugo Shrine, Bool, Tagbilaran City at the Sandugo Shrine, Bool, Tagbilaran City at the Sandugo Shrine, Bool, Tagbilaran City Panglao Island, as seen from the Sandugo Shrine
    • Adventure Travel

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Relive History, Go To Sanduguan Shrine

by cyndymc Updated Jul 28, 2009

Sanduguan Shrine is located at Bool District of Tagbilaran. We went there to relive history, and to show my grandson the shrine depicting the very first amity agreement between the natives and the Spaniards.

It is not certain whether this shrine will stay in Bool District for long, or transferred to Loon where the Sanduguan was confirmed to have taken place, based on archives.

Blood Compact Shrine Souvenir Pic at Sanduguan Shrine Sanduguan Shrine Blood Compact/Sanduguan Shrine Souvenir Pic at Sanduguan Shrine

Tagbilaran City Hotels

• Soledad Suites

Lou Square, J.C. Borja cnr M. Parras Sts., Tagbilaran City, Philippines

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Business

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Tagbilaran City? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Have you been to Tagbilaran City? Write about Tagbilaran City to help travelers.

Top Tagbilaran City Hotels

Tagbilaran Hotels

Instant Answers: Tagbilaran City

Comments

Tagbilaran City Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Tagbilaran City things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tagbilaran City sightseeing.
Map of Tagbilaran City