Zamboanga Things to Do
4 more images
Famous for its dominated Pink Granules mixed in white sand.
Things to remember before planning your trip to this island:
1. For foreigners, I believe some of the countries like Europe and US citizens are releasing some travel advises for their citizens. I even heard they advice them to keep away from Zamboanga, Basilan and Sulu. So just be updated about the advices from your consulate office. But I tell you, its safe. I was there and its all good!
2. Get a permit from Department of Tourism local office in Zamboanga. You will be listed and you need to leave contact number of relatives if in case of emergency (hahaha this really bothers me) The policy and procedure was good enough to keep track of all the individuals coming in and out of the Island.
3. Boat rental is 1,000 round trip even can accommodate a maximum of 10.
4. Security escort is for free. But you can give some tips if you want .
Gov. Camins Avenue, Zamboanga, Philippines
Satisfaction: Very Good
Good for: Solo
We booked two standard rooms with the price per room is 2,212 Phil. pesos per night. The room we...more
Sunset Blvd., Dapitan City, Zamboanga, Philippines
Good for: Families
Barter is made up of open stalls with different products of the south (Mindanao and Malaysia).
What to buy: I love buying scarves, malong and the sotanghon noodles as gifts.
What to pay: Scarves costs from Php85-300. Malong Php100-500 depending on the material and size.Related to:
- Budget Travel
The ideal shopping for tourist in Zamboanga City would be Barter Trade located in Canelar and in "pueblo" - city center. From the definition of Barter - To trade goods - which a trading port of Philippines to countries like Malaysia and Indonesia. The barter trade is known for selling imported products at a reasonable price because its tax-free.
This is an open and public market and 100% NO credit card so bring cash.
What to buy: Malong - this is a muslim traditional clothing and famous in Zamboanga. So grab one before leaving the place. You can also see several muslim clothings like turong and bails for men.
There are several options of instant noodles of Indonesia and Malaysia. Nothing really exceptional but you can just try.
Candies and goodies again from Indonesia and Malaysia.
What to pay: Cash basis only
3 Hotels in Zamboanga
39 Reviews and Opinions
Favorite thing: As a native of Zamboanga, I am deeply affected every time I hear bombings incident. As much as we want to promote our city in our own little way, bomb-scare still overpower and will leave an endless impression. And even if I keep on posting positive things, good stories and beautiful photos people wouldn't care and won't be interested anymore. So sad!
Fondest memory: You want fresh Coconut Juice? YES you can
I was born and raised in a small village in Zamboanga. After graduation, I decided to go to Manila where the Central Business district is. I land a good job and I go home to Zamboanga once in a while. This is one of the most missing part in living here, very simple - no TV cable, to telephone, no Internet but I get a very Fresh "Buko" (young coconut) juice. My father knows that and he will ask one of our neighbors to climb the tree. Though I live here, I never experienced climbing this life threatening tree!LOL
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel.com No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus