Changi Beach Park Travel Guide

• I CARRY THESE NECCESARY ITEMS IN THE TROPICS.
    I CARRY THESE NECCESARY ITEMS IN THE...
  • FRESH BOTTLED DRINKING WATER    DONT BE WITHOUT IT
    FRESH BOTTLED DRINKING WATER DONT BE...
    A NICE QUIET SCENE..

Changi Beach Park Things to Do

• Catch the Sunrise here!

If you can wake up early enought, you may want to come here to catch the beautiful sunrise. I took this photo at around 7am. It will be good to standby at around 6.40am at the beach. I think the morning sun is beautiful. Sacrificing a few hours of sleep is worth it after all.

• Watch the Sunrise

Here's one of the places where you can watch sunrise in Singapore, been hunting for Sunrise and Sunset in this tiny red dot~The sky will start to get bright at around 6.45am and that pic was taken around 7.15am - 7.30am when the sun's already up.

• Watching the planes

At Changi beach, you can always watch the planes flying across the sky at frequent interval as they are making their way for landing at Changi Airport. Guess the airline?

• Enjoying the Sight of Aeroplanes

Like clockwork, the areoplanes are lined up in the air to make their final approach towards Changi International Airport. You can even play a game of identifying which country is the passenger airliner from.

• Walking Along the Beach

Other than taking a nice stroll along the beach, one can also make use of the broadwalk. Standing on the broadwalk, you can experience the panoramic view of people along the beach, and also large cargo ships going by.

• Birdwatching in Singapore

Birdwatching is a hobby among geeky Singaporeans. Yes, I'm a geek, why else would I spend so much time doing my webapage? Still, birdwatching is a rewarding hobby and there are pockets of areas where you can see indigenous and migratory birds. Changi coast area ( the unmarked trails near the ferry terminal) is just one of them. Another good point...

• Collared Kingfisher

A simple afternoon in Changi Village can yield a couple of lifers and a decent list of birds. I was here this afternoon and this is what I saw:1)Oriental Pied Hornbill ( a pair )2)Coppersmith Barbet ( a pair near the ferry terminal)3)Collared Kingfisher ( several, near the boardwalk)4)Brahminy Kite ( 4, flying overhead)5)Red Breasted Parakeet6)Long...

• Oriental pied hornbill

(Anthracoceros albirostris) (Malaysian Pied Hornbill)Today is a first for me. I actually spotted a pair of Oriental Pied Hornbills just opposite Changi Village Hotel while walking the carpark! At first when I heard the Incessant cackle, I thought it was a red-breasted parakeet. But my jaw dropped when I saw the black and white feathers and a flash...

• Not an ordinary raven

Brown-necked Raven ?Corvus ruficollis ?The ravens found off the coast of Changi have brown collars. At first, I thought that the dust from all the reclaimation got onto their glossy black feathers but when I saw more than 10 with the same colour, they had to be of a different species..

• Beach Combing in Changi

Do you know that the natural shore lines of Singapore have a diverse ecosystem? Of course, when I mention natural, I'm not talking about East Coast Park or Sentosa's Palawan. The only life you'll see there are half naked things in bikinis and too tight trunks. Back to where I was saying, try going to SIngapore's natural beach if you can. You'll see...

• Red-breasted Parakeet

I think you'd be as surprised as I am when I tell you that you can spot this exotic species of birds in Changi Village! Yes, the same place where you tuck into nasi lemak and oogle at sexy transvestites. I'm not joking, i spotted this colourful fella or the Red-breasted Parakeet (Psittacula alexandri) and nearly choked on my Teh Tarik (tea latte)....

• Mouth of the Changi River

At the western end of the Changi beach lies the mouth of the Changi River where many boats travel to and fro Pulau Ubin island, plus fishing boats as well.

• Planes taking off and landing

Because the Changi Beach is so near to the airport, you can have a close up view of planes taking off and landing.

• Where to get supplies

If you need supplies, food, equipment etc when you are at Changi Beach, just go to the nearby Changi Beach shopping area to get all these items. Actually everything is very convenient.

• Straits of Johor

The sea of Changi Beach is called the straits of Johor which is a narrow waterway which seperates Singapore from Malaysia. Sometimes you can see huge ships and tankers passing by to the ports nearby.

• Barbeque

There are also lots of barbeque pits available at Changi Beach for a gathering and barbeque. I think these pits need to be booked from Singapore's National Parks Board.

• Camping

You can also camp at the Changi Beach, which a lot of locals do especially during the weekends and school holidays.

• Cycling, jogging, roller blading etc

The Changi Beach Park also provides paths for people to cycle, jog, roller blade etc under the sunny tropical setting.

Changi Beach Park Restaurants

• bpacker's Profile Photo

by bpacker Updated Apr 26, 2006

After I went back from Yogya, I craved for good fried spiced chicken. Somehow, the good Colonel did not satisfy me. I wanted to eat something that was more Asian. So, I did the next best thing . Troop off to Changi Village Hawker Centre and order a wooden platter of fried smashed chicken. Yes, that is what ayam penyet means literally. It's served over here with a smashing ( no pun intended ) chilli or sambal sauce and garnished with lettuce and cucumber. It was good and the vegetables? The crisp raw taste cut through the oily flesh. Ah...heaven. I washed it down with teh tarik.

Changi Beach Park Warnings and Dangers

• DennyP's Profile Photo

by DennyP Written Nov 10, 2011

To travel in such nice places as this is to find lovely secluded beaches. With so many beaches usually with few beach goers , Many visitors let their guard down and lay in the sun for too long. The most dangerous of all for sunburn is snorkelling as swimmers don't realise that they are being burnt as they are in the cool water. The sunshine around the tropics is extremely strong, hot, and unforgiving..Make sure that you have a strong sunscreen to use when out in the sun. I ALWAYS carry a strong sunscreen of at least 15 + Be sure to cover your nose and tops of your ears with sunscreen as these are the most prevelant areas for skin cancer..
    Wear a wide brimmed hat and a good pair of sunglasses is a must in the sun.
    Make sure to have sufficient drinking water with you also. Especially when you are in secluded areas.

I CARRY THESE NECCESARY ITEMS IN THE TROPICS. FRESH BOTTLED DRINKING WATER    DONT BE WITHOUT IT
    • Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • Photography

Changi Beach Park Off The Beaten Path

• Fishing boats

Near to the Changi Beach is a bridge across the Changi River. You can get a nice view of the fishing boats as well as the Changi boat jetty here.

• Changi Airport

Actually, you can get a glimpse of Changi Airport and its control tower at the Changi Beach as both are located very near to each other.

• Pulau Ubin island

Pulau Ubin island is just located on the other side of Changi Beach and can be reached by boat from the nearby Changi jetty. This is a very interesting and beautiful island, and more information is at my Pulau Ubin VT page.

Instant Answers: Changi Beach Park

Comments

Explore Deeper into Changi Beach Park
Map of Changi Beach Park